One of the most famous names in the world of water sports is the “Aqua Marina” which offers a wide range of inflatable stand up paddle boards that are guaranteed to satisfy a lot of customers with different tastes and needs. Inflatable standup paddle boards are one of the Aqua Marina’s best specialties because they make great iSUPs with different designs and purposes.
Today’s review is about one of their most popular inflatable SUP board; Fusion. This board is 10’10” tall, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick and it has received a major positive feedback from most users. The first thing to notice about the Fusion is that it’s an all-round board which comes in a flaming orange color that is elegantly fused with a large black traction pad. It looks basic and classy, yet, there is a touch of adventurous and young spirit to it.
- Sculpted balance flow curves board design.
- 5 Stainless “D” rings.
- EVA Deck : Honeycomb groove, heat embossed, maximum traction and durability.
- Elastic bungee cords for cargo
- 1 Carry handle
- Optimum air pressure in all conditions, up to 15 PSI
|Dimensions||10’10” long x 30″ wide x 6″ thick|
|Material||Durable 6″ double-wall drop stitch core material|
|Weight limit||308 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 Large Slide-In Central Fin|
The Fusion doesn’t only look good; it also feels good. This iSUP is made of double-wall drop-stitch core material which, in addition to the 6 inches thickness, makes it nearly indestructible. Add to that the fact that a 6 inches iSUP board will not easily flex or bend due to weight. Speaking of weight, this board can take up to 308 lbs without worrying about its general performance.
Speaking of which, the Fusion is a pretty versatile inflatable board which can be used for cruising, long distance paddling and touring; it’s stable, rigid and glides smoothly in flat water. Also, taking its dimensions into consideration, you’d be able to tell that this board is made to be convenient whether in the water or out of it, and here I mean that a 10’10” (130 inches) board is neither going to be hard to transport or store, nor difficult to control in the water.
Moreover, an EVA deck pad that is honeycomb grooved is something to look forward to try because it’s so soft and comfortable that you wouldn’t get tired of standing on the board as it covers more than 2 thirds of the board’s back. What is more important here is that this will provide you with more control over the board while paddling because the grip on this one is just firm and fantastic.
What would also improve the performance of your board is the set of fins that are featured, and in this case, the Fusion has 1 large slide-in central fin which is extremely easy to attach/detach; It does a great job water tracking and will support your stroke every time you change directions.
Further, you’ll find 4 D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord on the front, and they are meant for you to secure your tools, paddle or meal-box to the board on your trips when it’s break time. It’s a pretty functional feature that you won’t find on solid SUP boards. Also, a 5th D-ring is on the board’s tail and it’s dedicated for safety leash attachment.
Being done with the features of the Aqua Marina Fusion iSUP board, I think that you’re going to like to know more about the package in which it comes. Well, this iSUP comes with a A 23.5″ Extra High Aspect Pressure Hand Pump which will enable you pump the board up to 15 PSI anywhere you go because you can simply pack it along with the deflated board. Also, a 3-piece aluminum paddle is included, and a repair kit in case anything ever happened.
Now, the thing is that once you deflate the Fusion and roll it up, you won’t find any problem packing and storing it because it comes with a Magic backpack in which you can keep the whole package stored safely without it taking too much space anywhere in your house or car while you get to enjoy a one year warranty.
- On Board Storage: Stainless steel D-rings for leash and more, bungee to hold cargo
- Durable: Double-wall drop stitch PVC technology
- Non-Slip Deck Pad: Heat embossed deck with honeycomb groove for max traction and comfort
- The Fusion comes in a size that is perfect for cruising and touring, and the 6 inches thickness makes it really stable and sturdy.
- It glides smoothly on water and it’s highly versatile and can adapt to different water conditions.
- Also, its body is constructed with a double-wall drop-stitch PVC material which makes it durable, stronger and stiffer.
- It comes with everything you need to handle it including the repair kit.
- I couldn’t think of any downsides to be honest because trying the Fusion was a pleasant experience.
Aqua Marina Fusion – More Images