One main reason why people opt for inflatable stand up paddle boards is that they are way easier to pack and transport than authentic/hard ones. They are also made to suit different people with different interests as well as the fact that anyone can use them regardless of age and experience.
Aqua Marina has a large list of inflatable paddle boards that are covering a huge part of water activities. What we have here is the Aqua Marina Super Trip which is a family board par excellence.
- Durable 6" double-wall drop stitch core material
- Large Diamond EVA anti-slip foot pad. Heat embossed for maximum traction and durability.
- Multiple carrying handles on front and tail
- Tri-fin System
- 5 stainless steel D-rings
- 4 Stainless steel D-rings on the nose attached with a bungee cord
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- Packages includes:
- High Pressure Pump & Gauge
- Magic backpack
- 3 removable fins
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||12'2" x 34" x 6"|
|Material||Durable 6" double-wall drop stitch core material|
|Weight limit||463 lbs (Designed for 2 adults plus 1 kid)|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin System : 2 small fins + 1 center detachable fin|
This board is 12 feet and 2 inches tall which, as you can see in the pictures, enables it to hold up to 3 people in a weight range that doesn’t go beyond 463 pounds.
Also, the Super Trip has a remarkable width of 34 inches that you won’t find on other regular iSUPs which usually don’t surpass 30 inches. You are going to love the space you’ll get once you get on the board; you’ll get to lie down or bring a loved one with you in all safety and comfort.
The final aspect concerning the dimensions of the Super Trip is thickness; it is 6 inches thick which you honestly wouldn’t find better in the market. All in all, this board holds perfect measurements for the mission it was made for.
Aqua Marina is aware that children can be a little bit out of control, thus; an inflatable board has got to meet certain durability standards to meet your expectations for a family paddle board. The Super Trip is made of a durable double wall drop stitch PVC technology with additional fibers sewn into the inside wall of the top and bottom layer for increased rigidity; together, they give you an extremely stiff and strong inflatable board.
Not only that; the whole board’s back is heat embossed to endure the long hours and days of summer exposed to the sun. This is really a challenge for most brands and companies; an inflatable board will always be an inflatable; that being said, the trick lies in choosing the best material to build it with. The Super Trip is going to maintain its shape and quality for a long period of time; that I give you.
Let’s state the obvious; the Super Trip looks like a great iSUP; it’s big, durable and it’s meant to blast your family with so much fun. There are a lot of things about it that I’m digging so hard, and the first thing is:
- The dot groove traction pad; this latter covers the whole back of the board leaving no space for you or your kids where to have a foot slipping off. I couldn’t appreciate a feature more than this one; most iSUPs, no matter how big they are, get a traction pad that covers barely half the board’s back or a bit more than that.
- The design and colors chosen for the Super Trip are absolutely fun. It’s a colorful board that sends away positive vibes the moment you lay an eye on it.
- You’ll find 6 carry handles that are made of rubbery material for extreme comfort while carrying the inflated board around. Given the fact that is a family board that measure 12’2″ tall; anyone who tries to transport it will need a little help especially if it’s children.
- A bungee system is also featured on the Super trip that consists of 4 durable D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord. Those D-rings are something I can’t imagine inflatable stand up paddle boards without anymore; they’ll allow you to secure your tools and material to the board while enjoying a break, and that’s just the least of it. A 5th D-ring is on the board’s tail if you feel the need to attach a safety leash.
- In addition to that, the Super Trip is not just a fun board; this guy is seeking some professionalism levels with a tri-fin system that allows perfect water tracking as it boosts the board’s balance. The fin set consists of one central large fin and 2 others on the side; they’re all removable for better and easy packing.
Aqua Marina usually presents us with packages that contain everything necessary to handle an inflatable standup paddle board, but sometimes you’d find that the paddle is missing. In this case, the Super Trip is a large iSUP that might need 2 paddles at least since it’s made for family; and, maybe, that’s why a paddle is not included. However, this is what you’ll find along with the board:
- An Aqua Marina Max air pressure which can pump the board up to 15 psi in a decent time. I’m not going to say that it’s an easy task; but it’s always a great workout. However, since the Super Trip is a big guy you can opt for an electric pump to do the job.
- The 3 removable fins that were previously mentioned; once you attach them, they feel rigid and sturdy as if they’re fixed to the board.
- A Magic backpack which will allow you to carry the deflated board anywhere you go, as it’ll save you so much space to store the whole thing. Add to that the fact that the package will be packed together safely without losing any pieces.
- A repair kit which you can use if something bad happened which is unlikely to be the case if you and your family are friendly users.
The Super Trip is definitely not made to compete with racing iSUPs; this board’s best aspects are stability and tracking. You can get yourself and other riders on board and still experience a great deal of balance as long as you all know how to standup paddling. The board is very responsive in flat water which will allow you to pull some moves, yet, since it’s a large iSUP it’ll be easier if 2 people are to paddle their way through the water.
- The Super Trip is a budget-friendly family inflatable paddle board par excellence.
- It comes in a colorful design that is fun for kids.
- It’s whole back is covered with a dot groove traction pad.
- Can hold up to 3 riders ( 2 adults and 1 child). in other words, It can handle up to 463 pounds.
- A bungee system is featured along with a trio-fin set.
- The Aqua Marina Super Trip doesn’t come with a paddle.
- If you’re looking for fast inflatable paddle board, the Aqua Marina Super Trip is not for you.
Aqua Marina Super Trip – More Images