When it comes to inflatable paddle boards, you can’t really say that there are many competitors to the title of best brand. Often times than not, you’ll find that the market space is ruled by a few names and that’s a good thing because those brands did not make it to the top randomly.
However comforting the idea that these prominent brands offer quality boards, it is still quite difficult to find the one brand for you and even more difficult to find the one board. That’s why we are going to talk about Aqua Marina today, a leading manufacturer in the domain and one that has continuously raised the bar for inflatable paddle boards. A great example of that is the Aqua Marina Vibrant which is primarily a children’s board but one which will not fail to impress you still.
- Durable 4″ (10cm) double-wall drop stitch core material
- Large diamond cut EVA pad that’s heat embossed for maximum traction and durability.
- 4 stainless Steel D-Rings attached with a bungee cord
- 1 extra stainless steel D-Ring on tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- 1 slide-in center fin
- Package Includes
- Backpack carry bag
- High pressure air pump & pressure gauge
- 1 large Removable fin
|Dimensions||8’7″ x 30″ x 4″|
|Material||Highly durable drop-stitch PVC fabric construction|
|Weight limit||154 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 slide-in center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
Now, you can base your judgement on the way the board looks but only if you want to make a hasty decision. However, if you really want to know more about this board then the first thing you need to understand is that this is an 8 feet 7 inches long board which is considerably taller than the average human being but that doesn’t make it compatible with everyone.
In fact, the length of this board is rather more fitting for children, teenagers and small sized young adults. You probably could tell that already but what you can’t tell is that 8 feet 7 inches makes a solid vessel that can cut through water easily and build more speed than you can anticipate.
Enough about length now and let’s talk width. Yes, width is quite the dimension when it comes to paddle boards in general and that is because it significantly impacts balance and controls. Hence, the Aqua Marina Vibrant stands at 26 inches in width which is an excellent size relative to its length. At 26 inches, this board is going to provide the paddler with an enhanced sense of balance and better quality paddling, preventing a lot of the wiggling and twitching which is more perceptible to happen on thinner boards.
Now that we got width settled down, let’s take a look at an even more impactful dimension and that is the thickness of the board. The Aqua Marina exhibited solid sizes so far and it certainly isn’t about to blow it on thickness which is why it measures 4 fair inches. 4 inches may not sound like much in bed but on the water, 4 inches is more than just okay. In fact, it is this 4 inches which will stand between you and a board that can easily bend at the center. So, treat it with respect.
Quality is something that goes hand by hand with this brand and that is evident through the one too many positive reviews that the manufacturer has accumulated one board after the other. So, what is it that makes these boards so durable? The answer is pretty simple: military grade PVC.
Yes, the Aqua Marina Vibrant is made of strong PVC material like that found in zodiac boats and if that’s not enough for you then bear in mind that the board’s quality is enhanced via an industrial drop stitch construction. This type of build is far superior to cheaper glue methods which are easily damageable. So, rock and ride because this board is made to outlast the most common and uncommon circumstances on water.
[alert-note]Note: As long as it is kept within its designated environment, there is no possible way to damage this inflatable paddle board.[/alert-note]
The most basic features of the Aqua Marina Vibrant stand for this outstanding build and it goes without saying that these are going to add up to the value of the board and the experience of the paddler. Without further a due, let’s scan some of the board’s most prominent accomplishments.
- The Aqua Marina Vibrant features a unique anti-slipping surface which is a trait that is hardly found anywhere else and one which you’ll learn to appreciate in no time. A firmer grip on the board is more than just an asset to you but also to your ability to control the board and stay on top of your game even in strong currents. Also, note that this platform will significantly enhance your balance which is an essential criterion in paddle boarding.
[alert-note]PS: a gripping surface will also prove extremely handy when you’ll need to get back on top of the board from the water.[/alert-note]
- The board also features an interesting set of D-rings which are more than just that thanks to the connecting bungee cord. This feature will actually make a practical cargo net which is meant to help you store / transport anything from your fishing gear to your shoes without risking losing them. Also, this feature will enable you to enjoy a hands free experience.
- Then there is the solid one fin navigation system which although criticized, it hasn’t been topped yet. In fact, there are quite a few other designs out there but none of which actually managed to prove that they can perform better than a single fin system which is why Aqua Marina decided to commit to the authentic board style and go with the single fin design. More about this in performance!
- Rigid: It feels very similar to a hard board (can be inflated up to 15 PSI)
- Durable: PVC material and drop-stitch construction, max recommended weight 154lbs.
- Portable: Easy to store and transport. It is 8'7" x 26" x 4" inflated, comes with carry bag
Packaging is quite a determining factor in the purchase process of any inflatable paddle board and the reason behind that is pretty simple: A package can make the difference between a fun joyful experience and a big pain in the back. That is why the Aqua Marina Vibrant went with a full package.
- This paddle board comes with a high pressure hand pump which is hooked with a pressure gauge to help you pump your board to the proper degree.
- The package also includes the previously mentioned large removable fin.
- Then last but not least, the Aqua Marina Vibrant hooks you up with a solid backpack carry bag to help you store / transport the board at ease.
In terms of performance, this inflatable stand up paddle board is as solid of a performer as a recreational board can get. Despite the fact that it is smaller in size, its fine curves, lifted nose and solid navigation system will keep this board on top of the game in its category for a while and for all of you out there who fancy this vessel, go ahead and get it because it will not disappoint.
- The Aqua Marina Vibrant is a small inflatable paddle board designed for children and young teenagers
- It’s built with high quality durable material
- It’s feels stiff and sturdy to the poind you can’t tell that it’s air pumped into it
- As long as you don’t exceed the weight limit, this board should track and glide smoothly
- The Aqua Marina Vibrant’s recommended weight limit is just 150 lbs
- It doesn’t come with a paddle
- It’s just 4″ inch thick
Aqua Marina Vibrant – More images
Last update on 2021-01-19 at 17:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API