There are only a few aspects which set apart Bestway from all of its rivals in the domain and it is those few aspects which make the whole difference. Bestway is a rocketing brand in the industry of inflatable paddle boards and it’s already taking over the market based on a simple formula. Bestway makes decent paddle boards for a uniquely comfortable price point.
Certainly, the first thing you question when you spot a less expensive board is quality and that is a question we would like the Coast liner to answer for us. This is yet another edition is the Hydro-force line and it’s already standing out beyond its older siblings. So, let’s inspect it a little further and find out why.
- Non-slip traction pad to help you stabilize and prevent slip-offs
- 2 stainless steel D-rings on the nose
- 4 Stainless steel D-rings around the deck pad for kayak seat attachment
- One stainless steel D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- Three modeled fins
- Package includes :
- Air Hammer inflation pump
- Aluminium Oar
- Repair Kit
- Travel Bag
- Pressure Gauge
- Kayak with back rest
|Dimensions||10'6" long x 32" wide x 5" thick|
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Weight limit||265 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||Three modeled fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The ideal length of the board is often times 10 feet as it is almost the standard length for all recreational inflatable paddle boards. The reasoning behind that is pretty simple! Boards that are 10 feet are usually compatible with a large category of paddlers. Accordingly, the Coast Liner stands at 10 feet and 6 inches, making it perfect for teenage, young adult and adult paddlers alike.
Beyond length, width is also an important dimension of any floating device. The width of the board determines various aspects but mainly performance. The board at hand measures a solid 32 inches which means that balance will definitely not be an issue for you, especially if you’re a beginner. Such a wide platform is going to induce the board’s stability and maximize your balance which is quite essential for paddle boarding in case you missed that.
From width, we jump right to the 3rd and equally significant dimension. We are talking about the thickness of the board obviously and as far as this Liner is concerned, that will definitely not be a disturbance. The Coast Liner in fact measures around 5 inches in thickness which significantly reduces the possibility of it bending at the center under a lot of pressure. Yes, boards that measure anywhere less than 5 inches are prone to being damaged by excessive weight but luckily, that is none of your concern so far.
We can’t really talk about features before we talk about the quality of a board and we think that you will like what this board has in store for us. The Coast Liner is indeed the descendent of a long prosperous line of inflatable paddle boards which are primarily known for their strength and durability and it all boils down to one simple component.
The Coast Liner is thus made of extremely tough PVC materials which will make puncturing this board practically impossible. To bring you closer to the reality of this matter, you should know that this is the same material that zodiac boats are made of. That is not all however as the board is further enhanced via an industrial drop stitch construction which power presses the board together eliminating any possibility for malfunction.
Now that we confirmed the quality of the Coast Liner, it’s time to take a look at some of its more practical features. Indeed, this board is loaded with little specs which are going to make your experience a whole lot less tedious in the long run and it all begins with:
- The Coast Liner features an impressively large gripping pad, covering the entire area under the paddler which means that it doesn’t matter where you position yourself because you’ll always be secure. Yes, the dripping pad is going to make it a lot easier for you to maintain balance on top of the board but it will also grant you a better grip over and consequently improve your command.
- Then there is the less obvious stainless steel D-rings on the back of the board. The D-rings are strategically positioned to serve multiple purposes but mainly they are meant to be connected via a bungee cord which will then serve as a reliable cargo holder, enabling you to transport anything from your paddle to your smartphone or camera without a single worry.
- The boards also feature 4 stainless steel D-rings on around the deck pad for attaching the included kayak seat.
- Further, the board comes with an extra D-ring under the nose which is meant to help you secure or tow the board whenever needed. Also, the board is hooked with a central handle to help you transport it outside and inside water individually. (Note that the board barely measures 26 lbs).
And from features, we move straight to performance and boy does it deliver. The Coast Liner might be a beginner-friendly board but it will definitely impress you with its agile manoeuvres and steady navigation.
The board is hooked with a triple fin navigation system and that will show you just how great at straight tracking this board can be and especially on stable water.
There are plenty of positive things about the Coast Liner but one of its biggest strength resides in the package it comes with. The package can often make or break a board which is why the makers of the Liner made sure to hook you up with:
- A high pressure hand pump which is pretty essential in the paddler’s inventory since this is an inflatable board.
- An adjustable aluminium paddle in case you want to get anywhere.
- And most importantly, a custom back pack carry bag which will make it extremely practical to transport or store the board. All you need to do is deflate the board, roll it up, bag it and you’re ready to go.
- The Bestway Hydro-force Coast liner is a budget-friendly inflatable paddle board.
- It’s performs quite well.
- It comes with a kayak seat which means more fun.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- The Hydro-force Coast liner is just 4″ inches thick.
- You might find the included paddle a bit heavy.
- All the three fins on the Coast Liner are fixed.
- This is a recreational paddle board, it’s a little bit slow. If you’re looking for a fast paddle board, check our reviews of the best race paddle board on the market.
Bestway Hydro-Force Coast Liner – More Images