When I think about inflatable standup paddle boards, I get one thing stuck in my head; these boards are made for those of us who need something easy and practical to use without compromising quality and performance.
Standup paddle boarding is a friendly water sport that has a lot to offer taking into consideration all the options and features we can find on an inflatable paddle board.
The DDM inflatable paddle board we’re reviewing here is a highly affordable board which can do exactly what any other expensive iSUP is capable of. That said, if you’re on a budget and looking for a decent paddle board that doesn’t break the bank, the DDM could be a good choice for you. Let’s take a look at what it has to offer.
- Large EVA anti-slip deck pad
- Multi-layer construction which reduces flex
- 1 center carrying handle
- Tri-fin navigation system
- 4 stainless steel D-rings on the nose attached with a bungee cord.
- Packages includes:
- High Quality Pump with PSI gauge (23 PSI Max)
- 3-piece adjustable aluminum paddle
- Comfortable backpack carry bag
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||10’6″ x 30″ x 6″|
|Material||Durable 1000 Denier 3 ply PVC reinforced fabric material|
|Weight limit||300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 – 20 PSI|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||1 Year Warranty|
The DDM iSUP is an all-round board that comes in 2 different sizes; one for adults and the other for kids. The first one is 10.6 feet long, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick while the one for kids is 7.6 feet long, 28 inches wide and 6 inches thick.
I’m going to share my opinion and say that I’ve always preferred a board that doesn’t go beyond 11 feet and this one fits quite perfectly. Also, you can go through all of the existing iSUPs and you won’t find a better thickness than this; 6 inches is the best you can get on the market unless you happened to find one of those monster party iSUPs.
I can say pretty much say the same thing concerning the board’s width, and as for children, I’m sure that whomever gets this board will have lots of fun, because it’s thick and wide enough to keep them balanced and safe while paddling. Further, you’ll get to choose what you like most from 4 colors variation: blue, lime green, orange and red.
It’s very important that you choose a well-built iSUP that can withstand high levels of air pressure as well as the rider’s weight and exposure to natural circumstances. The DDM inflatable SUP is made in regard to what is known as global standards. The body of the board is made of durable 1000 Denier and PVC reinforced fabric material. The multi-layer construction reduces flex once the board is fully inflated as it allows it to go up to 15 psi for extreme stiffness and hardness.
All of this goes for both the adults and kids size. Further, the DDM (adults) can take up to 300 lbs which is pretty awesome while the smaller version can take up 200 lbs.
This is the part where we highlight almost everything you could possibly need to know about the board starting with its most prominent features to details. First, you’ll find:
- A diamond grooved traction pad that covers more than two thirds of the board’s back and which adds to its thickness. It’s soft and comfortable to be stood up on, yet it’s durable and made to withstand the hot sun rays.
- A bungee system which consists of 4 stainless steel D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord. This simple system can do great things; it’s actually one of the best things about inflatable stand up paddle boards. It’ll allow you to secure you paddle or any other item/cargo to the board while touring and enjoying a hands-free experience. A fifth D-ring is on the board’s tail to attach a safety leash to it.
- A central carry handle which is the regular for most quality iSUPs; it’ll make it really easy to carry the inflatable board around.
- The release valve is featured with an open/close locking mechanism and screw-on cover making it one of the safest and easiest valves to ever be dealt with.
- A tri-fin navigation system which couldn’t be any better really. One fin is large, central and removable while the two others are fixed on the sides.
- A 3-piece aluminum paddle that is also adjustable so you can find the most suitable length to your height. It’s durable and highly functional with a T-shape rubbery grip.
- A high quality hand pump with gauge that can reach 23 PSI. You can take it anywhere with you and it won’t be giving you a hard time inflating the board at all. Yet, I don’t know if I’m lazy but I prefer using my electric pump.
- You’ll also find the previously mentioned large and central fin.
- A repair kit for a bad day which all I can say about it is that it’s always recommended to be a friendly user no matter how good is the product you’re getting.
- Finally, a carry backpack is featured with the DDM inflatable paddle board, so you’d get to pack the board and everything else in one place as you’ll also be able to transport the deflated board easily once you put the bag on your back or in your car’s trunk.
The DDM iSUP is very stable given its thickness and width; it’s easy to get on top of it as it is also a pleasure to paddle around on it since it’s really responsive.
It’s not a board that is meant to hit high speed, yet, it glides smoothly on flat water you won’t feel any turbulence. With its basic design, this board is great for touring and recreational paddling.
- The DDM iSUP comes an all-inclusive package: the board/ a pump/ a paddle/ a repair kit/ a carry backpack.
- It’s featured with a bungee system and a tri-fin navigation system.
- It’s made of durable 1000 Denier 3 ply PVC reinforced fabric material.
- It’s relatively stable and does quite well on various water conditions.
- It comes in 2 sizes: 10.6 x 30 x 6 (adults) & 7.6 x 28 x 6 (kids).
- Everything turned out well testing the board. I can’t say anything negative about it except the fact that it’s a bit slow. Granted, it’s an all-around inflatable paddle board not a race one.