Ten Toes Board Emporium is one of the industry’s youngest influences and it’s already taking over. Indeed, Ten Toes inflatable paddle boards managed to gain a lot of momentum recently as they seem to have made quite the impact on people who chose this brand.
The manufacturer might have a small collection of boards in sale but they are crashing their competition and it has a lot to do with quality. Take the example of the Ten Toes small adult paddleboard; this board is one of Ten Toes’ earliest creations and one of their best sellers as well. It’s no surprise that a board at this quality and most importantly within this price range is taking the lead in an industry where these two elements hardly co-exist.
- EVA textured foam deck pad for comfort and stability.
- Three nylon fins for increased control over steering
- Standardized H3 valve.
- 3 stainless steel D-rings near nose and 1 stainless steel ring near tail.
- Bungee cord connected through 3 stainless steel D-rings
- 3 removable tracking fins
- Package includes :
- 3 PC adjustable and lightweight aluminum
- 3 removable tracking fins
- High-intensity manual air pump with gauge
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||8′ x 30″ x 4″|
|Material||Military-grade PVC + dropstitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 removable tracking fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
This Ten Toes is an 8 feet long pyramid and it is splendid. Often times than not, inflatable boards tend to be longer and that excludes a large portion of consumers. Hence, Ten Toes jumped on this opportunity and decided to make a board that is fit for teenagers, young adults and even children. This board might be built for younger users but it’s still a giant, so mind the doors.
I did call this board a pyramid and for a good reason. In terms of stability, the Ten Toes Small adult paddler is a stability legend. Measuring 30 inches in width, the board is literally unshaken by outer forces which will enable you to move around freely on top of it without risking to capsize it. Width has also a huge influence on side wind resistance and the wider your board is the more resistance it’ll create thus keeping you in a straight line at all times.
When it comes to thickness, Ten Toes took the engineering of this board to another level, giving it 4 inches of thickness instead of 6 to match the overall size of the board. Yes, longer boards might require over 5 inches in thickness in order to maintain a solid trunk but at this size, these 4 inches are more than you need. Hence, rest assured as this board will not sink at the center as long you do not exceed weight limit by a large margin.
In terms of quality, the Ten Toes as a brand has been pioneering the stream of quality boards for a while now and I believe that it has a lot to do with the material of build. The ten Toes theNANO Small Adult paddle board is strictly made of very durable military grade PVC material which is then reinforced by an industrial drop stitch construction, making this board virtually indestructible.
In case you’re wondering what that translates to in real life then let me elaborate a little more. A board this rigid in theory is optimized to endure the toughest conditions and environments, including white water. (It is not advised however to take this board onto white water as it is dangerous even for professional paddlers.) Moreover, this Ten Toes has been through a bunch of tests, including being crushed under the weight of a car and came out of it without a single scratch.
Even the most basic features of this board make of it a great catch. Nothing says dedication as much as the refined details on the outer layer of this Ten Toes. This is one of the few boards where you can actually see quality in every feature, so let’s take a look at some of them:
- The most significant feature on the Ten Toes theNANO has to be the gigantic gripping pad, covering over 50 percent of its surface. This pad is designed to fade into the overall design of the surface but its effects are still as strong as ever. What this pad does is not only grant you a stronger grip on the board but also more space to move around and balance yourself comfortably on the board which is an essential part of manning this paddle board.
- The D-ring + bungee cord placement is also a significant addition to the board which will make your life as a paddler somewhat easier. Indeed, this cargo net will make it possible to store and transport anything from your sunglasses and snacks to your sandals and you’re going to appreciate it because it’ll enable you to keep your hands free at all times.
- The Ten Toes theNANO is hooked with one extra large D-ring on the tail of the board which is meant to attach a safety leash or tie up the board to docks when necessary.
- Moreover, the navigation system of the Ten Toes theNANO Small Adult SUP board is quite sophisticated as it harbours 3 fins: a large central fin and 2 small side fins. The central fin will significantly improve tracking and manoeuvre whereas the smaller 2 will create more side wind resistance and keep you in a straight line which will increase speed noticeably.
[alert-note]Note: All the fins are removable.[/alert-note]
Packaging is usually a deal breaker for a lot of people because it can seriously make the difference between a fun experience and a luxurious pain in the back.
Fortunately, the Ten Toes makers thought this through well enough and decided to provide you with everything you’ll need to maintain this board, including:
- 3 PC adjustable and light weight aluminium paddle which is not only extremely sturdy but very adjustable in order to make it possible for you to customize it depending on your height and the depth of the water.
- The package also includes 3 removable nylon fins for extra convenience. It’s advised to remove the fins in shallow water if you want to preserve them for longer.
- You’ll also find one high pressure hand pump in the package and that is an item every inflatable paddle board owner needs. Note that you must pump the board up to 12 PSI (The pressure gauge on the pump should help you with that).
- Last but not least is the repair kit which is a nice touch but I doubt you’ll ever need it with a board this tough.
As far as performance is concerned, the Ten Toes theNANO is exemplary. For a recreational board, this one can actually track nicely on flat water and manoeuvre even better on almost any surface. Don’t fall in the trap of trying to compare this board with a racer because this one is actually optimized to suit the needs of beginning and amateur users and at that, it is unbeatable.
- The Ten Toes Emporium NANO is a very good recreational inflatable paddle board for kids and teenagers.
- It’s quite stable and tracks quite well.
- Quality is definitely one essential influence on the purchase of any product out there and especially inflatable ones which is why this board is definitely a winner.
- The only downside we can reasonably think of is that this board doesn’t come with a storage bag.