What is that makes a paddle board great? Is it the navigation system, the balancing facilities or the color matching? Nope, it’s the inflate-ability. Indeed, solid SUPs have quite the charm but when it comes to practicality, you just gotta hand it down to the inflatable counterpart.
Inflatable stand up paddle boards are taking over the market bit by bit and it is brands like Zray that are taking the lead. Actually, the leadership club at the inflatable SUP market is very limited and once you’re on the platform, you can’t produce anything but gold which is why Zray recently introduced the latest and greatest Zray inflatable Paddle Board; the X1.
- EVA: Fancy water wave EVA provide more durability and protection
- Elastic bungee cords for cargos and personnal belongings
- Soft fabric handle provide more comfort to your hand
- All around design for lake or river
- Professional detachable central fin
- Package includes :
- Zray professional unsinkable paddle which supports 3 section adjustments (65-85 inches)
- Z-ray extra high pressure pump & gauge
- Removable central fin
- Backpack bag
|Dimensions||9'9" x 30" x 6"|
|Material||PVC and drop-stitch material|
|Number of D-rings||1 D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
or for tying up the board to docks
|Recommended PSI||10 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||1 center removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Zray X1 is a 9’9” long tower which is rather frightening in a good sense. A board this large is intimidating for sure but it’s also very impressive. The length of the Zray X1 makes it less susceptible to outer elements and thus better at tracking in a straight line. Also, the length of the board helps it tremendously gain momentum, especially on flat or steady water.
When it comes to width, the Zray X1 reaches up to 30 inches and that is significant. The width of the board isn’t only for show because it actually affects the board and the rider to a great extent. A board this wide will significantly improve your balance and ability to find a comfortable spot on top of the board before moving forward.
As for thickness, the Zray X1 goes up to 6 inches just so you can get the best out of it. Thickness is very influential in terms of rigidity and weight capacity which is why Zray sought the 6 inches point in order to reduce the tension on the center of the board and prevent it from dipping under the water. As for weight capacity, this board can handle a total weight of 265 lbs without affecting performance a bit.
Measurements are very important because they determine whether your board is a good fit or not. However, quality is an even more important element as it determines whether this is a ‘good’ inflatable stand up paddle board or not.
Luckily for you, the Zray X1 Paddle board is strictly made of super rigid double layered PVC material which is then reinforced by a double drop stitch construction, making this board virtually indestructible. Realistically, what that stands for is that you can ride your board within any kind of environment without a single doubt that it’ll come out scratch-less.
Even the minimal features of the Zray X1 give away the amount of dedication and professionalism that was invested into the making of this board. Hence, you’ll find pretty much everything you need on the back and bottom of this vessel.
- First, the anti-slippage pad is a core representative feature of this board as it is going to be a very influential element on your experience as a whole. Hence, Zray thought it would be a good idea to provide you with a top quality pad that not only improves your grip on the board but also improves your balance when moving. Moreover, a good pad can even be of great help when you’ll need to get back up on the board after falling into the water.
- Another significant feature of the Zray X1 has to be the elastic bungee system which is not only useful but it’s also very neat as it will enable you to carry + transport any kind of cargo ranging from your paddle to your sandals. Also, the board features one extra D-ring on the tail which is meant to attach a safety leash or tie up the board to docks.
- The central carry handle is quite an asset as well as most boards will come with two handles: on the nose and tail. The Zray X1 features only one center carry handle to allow you to single-handedly carry the board inside and outside the water.
- Last but definitely not least has to be the aesthetic aspect of the board. Not only is every detail on the board screams quality but even the colors, edges and overall design foretells a lot about the making of this board. In brief, the Zray X1 is one good looking board.
Some would argue that a package can either make or break a purchase and when it comes to inflatable stand up paddle boards, I’d have to agree. Nothing says ‘positive experience’ like a healthy package and Zray fully understands that concept.
- The board comes with a high pressure hand pump which is an essential tool to maintain your board. The pump comes with a hooked pressure gauge which will help you pump the board to the exact amount. (10 – 15PSI).
- The package also includes a light weight aluminium paddle. This paddle isn’t only rigid but also adjustable so that you can set it to the size you need, depending on your height and the depth of the water.
- Also, Zray includes a back pack carry bag to help you store and transport your board at maximum comfort. Indeed, there’s nothing more satisfying that deflating, rolling up and putting your baby size board inside a bag to carry it wherever you desire. Also, forget about making room to store this board because it can fit anywhere easily.
- Finally, Zray hooks you up with one large central fin which also happens to be removable. The fact that this fin is removable makes it that much more practical as you can now protect your fin from shallow water and strong currents.
As far as performance is concerned, the Zray X1 will definitely not disappoint. For a recreational board, this right here is a war machine that is capable of taming any kind of environment (Stay away from white water however as it is dangerous even for kayakers). The board is designed to make it a lot less susceptible to outer forces yet allowing it to build momentum quickly, especially on flat water. All in all, the Zray X1 is definitely worth its cost.
- The Zray X1 is a budget-friendly all-round inflatable paddle board that comes in an all-inclusive package.
- The best thing about the Zray X1 has to be the amount of effort that was invested to make it a top quality board.
- The basic features of the Zray X1 are one more reason to seriously consider putting this board on your purchase list.
- As for cons, it’s really difficult to think of any. If anything, I’d say that the gripping pad on this paddle board could’ve been a little bit larger so you can have more space to move around and find that comfortable balance spot, but that’s tolerable since it’s just a 9’9″ board.