One of the things that people fail to realize in this industry is that inflatable kayaks are actually an upgrade, a huge upgrade.
Advanced Elements is a great example of why inflatable kayaks are actually an improvement. There’s no doubt that inflatable sport items suffered from the ghost of reliability but that’s no longer the case as more prominent brands raise the bar a little higher every time a new kayak is made.
Our brand (Advanced Elements) for instance has been around for quite a while now but only recently has it established a firm reputation as people show more and more interest in this new way of kayaking.That being said, let’s get down to business and talk about why we’re really here.
The AE1007-R Advanced-frame Convertible is a interesting kayak to say the least and I personally have so much to say about this boat but let’s stick to the basics and start at quality.
- Advanced Elements Spring Valve
- Integrated Pressure Relief Valve In Floor
- 2 Adjustable padded back supports
- D-ring tie downs
- Molded low-profile rubber handles
- Reinforced bow and stern seams
- Durable double-coated fabric
- Paddle holders
- Skeg tracking fin
- 6 Chambers
- Deck lacing for quick access to gear
- Rip-stop fabric
|Exterior||15′ x 32″|
|Best Use||Flatwater Kayaking|
|Seat Type||Padded / Foam|
|Number of Paddler(s)||1 or 2|
|Load Capacity||550 lbs|
|Packed Dimensions||35″ X 21″ X 12″|
- Hull Design: Built-in aluminum ribs define the bow and stern and improve tracking.
- Durable: 3 Layers of material for extreme puncture resistance.
- Easy To Set Up: PreAssembled at the factory. Simply unfold, inflate and attach the seats.
- Comfortable: High support, adjustable padded seats provides comfort for hours of paddling.
- Versatile: 3 Seat locations allow for paddling solo or tandem.
- OPTIONAL DECK with Honey Comb Rip Stop Fabric Attach the optional Single Deck or Double Deck kit (sold separately) to create a closed deck kayak with the option for using a spray skirt.
When it comes to quality, Advanced Element has quite a reputation for being a qualified manufacturer and that usually equates to solid quality and this product is no exception.
The AE1007-R Advanced-frame Convertible inflatable kayak is built to last and you can easily tell just by looking at this kayak. But to be more specific, the body of this boat is actually made of 3 layers of strong PVC material which makes it impossible to puncture within its designated environment.
Think of a crocodile with 3 layers of rugged skin, it just doesn’t get better than that. Oh wait, it actually does! Advanced Element thought it would be a nice gesture to hook this boat with built in aluminium ribs.
Not only does this feature make the kayak stronger but it also defines the shape of the bow and stern and improves tracking, giving this boat the feel of an authentic solid kayak. But it doesn’t stop here.
Even the more minuscule features on this kayak give away just how much effort and dedication were invested onto this kayak to make it what it is today and that is something that can’t be said about any brand out there.
Advanced frame made sure that every small detail gets enough attention so that the Convertible gets a better chance in a competitive market, especially as it is a multi passenger boat with a twist.
Matter of fact, the AE1007-R Advanced-frame Convertible iKayak is one of the few inflatable kayaks out there that offers multiple passenger modes. This kayak can be set to accommodate for one individual, two separate passengers or two open cockpit passengers.
What that means is that you can set the cockpit and spray skirt on this kayak to fit a single individual perfectly, granting him tremendous leg and storage room, two individual cockpits with spray skirts and enough leg room for both or, finally, one spray-skirt-free cockpit that can accommodate for two people or even more depending on their size, weight and age.
Further, the high support padded seats of the convertible are designed to guarantee comfort for hours of paddling which cannot be said about most kayak seats. I’m not saying that Advanced Elements has the best seats in the industry because they definitely could’ve been better but they are still far better than the majority of designs out there.
As if the leg room storage area is not enough already, Advanced Elements added bungee cord lacing on the nose of the kayak which is meant to help you secure your extra equipment, ranging from your paddles to fishing rod down to your shoes.
Another interesting feature on this kayak is the abundance of D-rings it comes with and the front and back carry handles all which will make transporting and securing your kayak a lot easier.
Last but not least, the Advanced-frame Convertible is one of the few inflatable kayaks that understand the essentiality of tough edges which is why Advanced Elements Reinforced this boat’s front and rear edges to reduce the possibility of damaging it to the minimum.
Usually, performance is defined by the size of the boat but this one is rather an exception. For a 15 foot long by 32 inches wide kayak, the AE1007-R convertible kayak makes quite the competition for most recreational kayaks out there of all sizes and that is a strong indicator of a solid performer.
Not only is this kayak swift but it’s also very easy to navigate which is a treat for beginning and intermediate kayakers. However, it must be noted that tracking in a straight line at lower speeds might be a little demanding.
Like the majority of recreational kayaks, this too features a flat bottom hull which is commonly great for slight manoeuvres but do not expect competitive performance. I don’t mean to discourage you or anything, this is a great kayak but it’s most importantly a beginner’s kayak.
Another vital influencer on performance is weight limit but that shouldn’t be a problem with the Advanced-frame Convertible as it is made able to handle over 500 pounds without affecting performance a bit.
- Built-in aluminum ribs define the bow and stern and improve tracking
- 3 layers of material for extreme puncture resistance
- Preassembled at the factory. Simply unfold, inflate and attach the seats
- The best thing about this kayak in my opinion is quality and that encompasses the quality of raw materials and that of build as well.
- Another bar raiser on the AE1007-R Convertible kayak is its many useful features that come with this kayak as these will make it a lot easier for you to use the kayak.
- This kayak is a beast when it comes to performance and that is pretty important especially if you’re planning to upgrade later on and need a solid foundation.
- All in all, this kayak is great. However, it is lagging behind the competition when it comes to packaging as it doesn’t come neither with a paddle nor a pump.
Last update on 2023-02-08 at 08:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API