Airhead has to be one of the strongest competitors in the Inflatable paddle board industry but that was not always the case. This is a brand that has emerged in record time and only lately has it established a firm grip on the inflatable paddle board scene.
Indeed, Airhead is a brand that produced pretty much everything related to summer and water sports. From hammocks to life vests, Airhead has always taken the lead wherever it invested and now comes the turn for paddle boards to join the ride. However solid the reputation of Airhead might be throughout its various investments, it is only fair to dissect the Airhead Cruise under your eyes so that you can make up your own mind about how much you want this board.
- EVA Traction Pad
- EZ Push Hi Pressure Valve
- 4 stainless steel D-rings near nose and 1 stainless steel ring near tail.
- Bungee cord connected through 4 stainless steel D-rings
- 3 removable tracking fins
- Package includes :
- Mesh Backpack
- Stainless steel tow ring
- High pressure hand pump + pressure gauge
- Valve wrench
- Board strap & repair kit
|Dimensions||9' x 30" x 4"|
|Material||Military-grade PVC + dropstitch technology|
|Weight limit||80 – 180 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||3 removable tracking fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
When it comes to length specifically, Airhead decided to push this board roughly above 9 feet long in order to fit perfect within its designated category. The board is thus designed so that it creates maximum flow and minimal straight tracking resistance but most importantly, it is designed for teenagers and young adults. At this length, the Airhead Cruise 930 is perfectly customized to cater for the requirements of the designated paddler but if you’re a larger individual then you might consider taking another pick.
In terms of width, I believe that nothing says stability like a 30 inches wide platform. At this size, the Airhead Cruise 930 is not only optimized to induce balance and reduce side wind influence but it’s also going to feel extremely steady when paddling in steady water.
The Airhead Cruise 930 might be a relatively smaller board but it’s still pretty thick. 4 inches may not sound like much to you but for a board this size, it’s more than enough. The manufacturer tried their best to make a board rigid enough to endure pressure and not sink in at the middle but also create a fit board that doesn’t look like a whale and at that it was successful.
When it comes to quality, I believe that nothing speaks louder than PVC. That is why the makers of this board went ahead and made the Airhead Cruise 930 strictly out of double layered military grade PVC and just to make sure all this fine material doesn’t go to waste, they joined it all with an industrial drop stitch construction, making this board unshakable.
In simple English, what that means is that the Airhead Cruise can basically undergo literal torture without giving in. Actually, this board was actually tested severely and it has successfully pulled through the roughest terrains and environments without leaving a single permanent scratch on the outer layer.
When it comes to features, you can argue that even the most insignificant features on the Airhead Cruise 930 exhibit just how much dedication and effort were invested into the making of this beast BUT that is not what we’re going to do here because we are going to take a look at its even more prominent features and it all begins with:
- The gripping pad on the Airhead Cruise is sublime to say the least. This thing covers up to 50 percent of the platform in order to grant you all the space you need to balance yourself properly and move around at ease without the risk of falling off. Also, a gripping pad this large isn’t only good for keeping you on top of the board but also to help you get back on it after you fall / dive in the water.
- Second feature to highlight here has to be the D-rings + bungee cord system on the nose of the board. This net is exactly what you need if you too like to do something extra when riding your paddle board. Hence, feel free to use this net to store anything from your fishing rod, sunglasses and snacks to your paddle and enjoy a hands free experience whenever needed.
- Then comes the extra D-ring right at the end of the board which is meant to help you attach a safety leash or tie up the board to a dock when necessary.
- Further, the board’s navigation system is the best you can ask for. With this triple fin navigation, you’ll be able to pull off the smoothest manoeuvres in calm water. Also, note that the side smaller fins will do a great job at keeping your board steady against side wind and streams whereas the larger central fin will help you maintain a strong trajectory and track better in a straight line.
As far as packaging is concerned, Airhead seems to fully understand the needs of every paddler and specifically every beginning paddler, providing you with a complete package which includes:
- A high pressure hand pump to help you keep that board solid at all times. This is an essential tool in the paddler’s kit and you must preserve it well. The pump does comes with a pressure gauge which will make it easier for you to pump your board to the right degree (15 PSI).
- A mesh bag is a life saver if you know anything about inflatable paddle boards. Hence, Airhead included just that in this package to help you transport and store your board comfortably. The mesh bag is definitely better than an ordinary bag because it will allow your board to dry out properly unlike common bags.
- A board strap is also included in the package along with a basic repair kit which I doubt you’ll ever need with a board this sturdy.
When it comes to performance, rest assured that this board is able to perform just as good as any recreational inflatable board out there. The Airhead Cruise 930 is set to be a game changer and for a recreation paddle board, it seems to be doing great. With its slim body and pointy nose, the board will be able to build momentum quickly whereas the skillful navigation system will grant you solid control over the board. All in all, the Airhead Cruise is definitely worth its price tag.
- The Airhead Cruise 930 is a great recreational paddle board that’s best suited for young adults and kids.
- It has a large EVA deck pad and it tracks quite well on flat water.
- The Airhead Cruise is very well-engineered. Its 5 in. nose rocker and heavy duty 4 in. reinforced drop stitch construction with X-Cross Technology provide a quick, stable platform you can enjoy for years to come.
- The navigation system is a huge point for the Cruise 930 because it will enable you to easily man your board especially if you’re just beginning at this sport.
- To include a paddle in the package would’ve been the cherry on top of the cake especially considering the price tag!
- The Airhead Cruise 930 might not be the right board for you if speed is high on your list of requirements. Don’t get us wrong, it performs quite well, but it’s not that fast.