Undeniably, Airhead is a proliferated manufacturer in the industry of inflatable paddle boards and it goes without saying that it’s also a leading brand in the domain because you can’t keep rocketing new models if you’re a failure in this industry. Believe me when I tell you that reviews travel like wild fire through the inflatable scene and it seems as if this brand has been harvesting nothing but positive reviews.
So, how good is the Airhead Fit 1032? There’s only one way to figure that out and it goes something like this:
- Extra thick (4mm) comfortable EVA traction pad
- 9 Stainless D-Rings, 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord
- EZ Push Hi Pressure Valve
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Package includes :
- Mesh backpack
- Stainless steel tow ring
- Hi pressure hand pump & Pressure gauge
- Valve wrench
- Board strap
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||10'6" x 32" x 6"|
|Material||Marine grade durability - Industrial grade rubber and drop-stitching|
|Weight limit||120 – 300 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||9 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One 9" Classic Removable Fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
As far as length goes, it is considered to be a determining dimension for inflatable paddle boards and boards in general as it defines both the user compatibility margin and the overall performance of the board. The Airhead Fit 1032 thus stands at 10 feet 6 inches in length which is a stretch for the previous models.
This Airhead is longer than its younger siblings and that makes it compatible with young adults and adults alike hence covering a larger scope than the previous models. Also, at 10 feet, the Airhead Fit 1032 is built to cut through water rapidly and that will consequently improve straight tracking.
Width is also a valuable asset for paddle boards and it is no coincidence that this board measures 32 inches in width. Compared to the length of the board, 32 inches is just about the perfect note on the grand scheme of balance. Speaking of which, the Airhead Fit 1032 will do great in strong currents but it’ll definitely perform better on calm water but the moral of the story here is that it’ll maintain a high level of balance throughout. So, don’t forget to enjoy that.
Thickness is the most underrated dimension on inflatable paddle boards but it’s also the most impactful one. At 6 inches in thickness, it is guaranteed that the Airhead Fit 1032 will not bend at the center under excessive weight which is pretty common amongst boards that measures 4 inches or less. Also, a board so thick makes a great platform for diving. So, keep that in mind when paddling.
Quality is at the essence of the success of this brand because it is thanks to the quality of Airheads that the brand is now what it is in the industry and that all boils down to military grade PVC. Indeed, the body of the Airhead Fit 1032 is strictly made off PVC material similar to that out of which Zodiac boats are made. Thereafter, the board is fortified through an industrial drop stitch construction which seals the body of the board permanently unlike cheap glue.
All in all, the Airhead Fit 1032 is simply made to last and that is a significant aspect because often times than not, inflatable paddle boards are reduced to the inflatable part due to their “vulnerability”. However, the Airhead Fit 1032 is here to challenge that idea and prove just how much an iSUP can take.
The most basic features of the Airhead Fit 1032 are one more reason to praise this board and that can’t be said about most boards in the industry and a simple look at the board should confirm that. Looking at the smallest details on the back of this Airhead shows you just how much pride has been invested in the making of this piece but the most prominent features are:
- The platform of the board is a standing example of the quality of the board and that can be seen through the premium Eva gripping pad which covers over 80% of the board. The pad isn’t unnecessarily large because every part of the platform is often used to help with stability which explains this design. Another significant use of the gripping pad is the fact that it’ll significantly enhance your grip on the board thus improving your control.
- The 4 stainless steel D-rings attached bungee cord on the nose of the board is one extra feature to admire on the Airhead Fit 1032 as it is far more useful than you can imagine. This feature will make a great cargo net to transport and store any of your tools and equipment as you go while simultaneously enabling you to keep your hands free at all times.
- The board also features 4 extra D-rings around the pad which are meant to help you install a kayak seat (not included with the board) thus opening up a whole new door of experiences for you. There is one extra D-ring on the tail which is meant to attach a safety leash or to tie up the board to docks when necessary.
- The Airhead Fit 1032 also rocks a single fin navigation system which is a controversial aspect as there are boards out there with 3 fins now. However, it hasn’t been proven that triple fin systems function better than single fin ones and at the end of the day it all boils down to functionality. When it comes to that, the single fin does just as good as any system out there.
Packaging can either be the strength or weakness of any sport item out there because it often denotes the difference between an interesting experience and a pain in the butt. Fortunately for you, this Airhead Fit 1032 comes with pretty much everything you’ll need to maintain this board and keep it going.
- The package of the Fit includes a high quality mesh back pack which is quite useful for transportation and storage. The mesh part is also pretty neat as it’ll enable the board to dry faster inside the bag.
- The package also contains a high pressure hand pump which is a substantial tool in any inflatable sport item’s package because you can’t go anywhere with a deflated board.
- Airhead thought that it would be nice to hook you up with a pressure gauge to keep an eye on your pump and inflate your paddle board to the proper degree of 15 PSI.
- The board also comes with a board strap to keep the board well tucked when deflated and a repair kit which I doubt you’ll ever use because this right here is a robust board.
As far as performance goes, the Airhead Fit 1032 will throw a fierce competition amongst recreational boards which is an essential label. This right here is not a racing SUP board and that can’t be avoided because it is optimized to best suit the needs of beginning and intermediate paddlers. However, that doesn’t mean that the board can’t perform well because it can do a lot better than you’d expect.
With its round angles and smooth design, the Airhead Fit 1032 will sail swiftly and respond quickly to controls. So, don’t let this one slip away.
- The Airhead Fit 1032 is a great all-around inflatable paddle board that can be used for fitness and yoga.
- It features a large comfortable EVA deck pad.
- It comes with multiple stainless steel D-Rings.
- The package does not include a paddle which could’ve been the cherry on top of the cake.
Airhead Fit 1032 iSUP – More Images