And yet another Airhead that is about to conquer its category. There is no doubt that Airhead is taking over the industry of inflatable paddle boards and there is plenty of evidence to support that. The Airhead Pace is 1030 one of the company’s latest contributions to a growing market and it has already attracted enough attention to sell as a top quality product.
However successful, there is still a lot to know about this fancy board and today it is ours to analyse. So, sit back, relax and let’s dissect this fascinating vessel.
- Extra thick (4mm) comfortable EVA traction pad
- 5 Stainless D-Rings, 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord
- EZ Push Hi Pressure Valve
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Package includes :
- Mesh backpack
- Stainless steel tow ring
- Hi pressure hand pump & Pressure gauge
- Valve wrench
- Board strap
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||10'6" x 30" x 6"|
|Material||Marine grade durability - Industrial grade rubber and drop-stitching|
|Weight limit||100 – 240 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Air-7 Box with 9” Race Removable Fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The length of a board is usually an indicator of performance in a sense. The Pace measures 10 feet 6 inches in length which is exquisite since it is an almost perfect size for all kinds of environments.
The length of the board is thus a compelling influence on its ability to slice through water and maintain a solid trajectory. Also, length determines the scope of users to a great extent and when it comes to the Airhead Pace 1030, you can argue that it is a perfect match for both young adults and adults alike.
The width of the board is also significant especially knowing that it is has a solid influence on one of the board’s most crucial elements. Balance is very much influenced by the width of the board and at 30 inches in width, the Pace stands on solid ground – Intended metaphor – This Airhead is built to endure disturbance and strong currents at all measures and almost within all environments (white water not included obviously) This doesn’t only enhance the paddler’s stability but also emphasizes his or her freedom to move around on top of the board at ease.
Last but not least is thickness which is often an underrated dimension but if only we knew how impactful it is. The Airhead Pace 1030 measures somewhere around 6 inches in thickness which is formidable and I’m not exaggerating here because this is truly a privilege that is absent on most paddle boards. At 6 inches, the fear of the board bending under pressure dissolves like vapor and you are left with one robust board that is able of handling over 240 lbs easily.
Quality is the mother of all traits because without quality, you might as well be buying a carrot but you’re not. Right now, you’re making a solid decision to spend hundreds of dollars and it better be worth it.
Let me brighten your day and tell you that the Pace 1030 is absolutely worth it and you’ll agree once you figure that it is strictly made of military grade PVC material which is then reinforced via an industrial drop stitch construction, making this board virtually indestructible.
Yes, you heard that right. The Pace 1030 is built to burst through the toughest environments and it goes without saying that it will make it through without permanently damaging the board. So, as long as you stay within the element of the board then fear not because the Pace 1030 is built to last.
Even the most disregarded features on a paddle board have a lot to say about the Airhead Pace 1030 and it all sums up in one word and that is Quality. Quality is a familiar trait for Airheads in general but we believe that the Pace 1030 has surpassed its competition by miles and that can be seen in the boards smallest features. However, today, we are going to take a look at some of the board’s most prominent features. So, let’s get right to it.
- The board is undeniably good looking but nothing seems to be more attractive than the beautifully designed gripping pad, covering over 50 % of the board’s platform. The pad is not only colorful but it’s also very efficient which denotes granting you a firmer grip on the board and thus an improved command. The pad isn’t only useful once on top of the board however because it will be your only savior once you’ll try to jump back up on the board from the water.
- The pad might be fancy but what’s even more appealing is the design of the board as a whole. The Pace is engineered gracefully to improve both performance and looks and that is evident by simply taking a look at the board. So, there’s that to admire.
- The board also features an incredible set of D-rings which is connected via a bungee cord, creating an impeccable cargo net. The cargo net is going to make transporting anything from you paddle to your shoes a piece of cake while simultaneously enabling you to use your hands freely on your ride. Now, that’s something to appreciate.
- Last but definitely not least is the board’s navigation system which consists of a single fin. Yes, single fins are out dated but for no viable reason. The triple fin system is taking over but that does not mean that single fin systems are inefficient. In fact, there hasn’t been any proof that tri-fin systems perform better and they definitely don’t look better. So, that’s no worry.
The packaging is crucial for paddle boards and specifically the inflatable ones because that can easily make the difference between a fun little adventure and a visit at your mother in law’s. So, let’s take this bit by bit and see what the Airhead Pace 1030 has to offer.
- The board comes with a practical high pressure hand pump + a pressure gauge to help you inflate the board to the proper degree and nothing beyond or under.
- The board also features a great mesh back pack which will make transporting and storing the board a piece of cake, especially with the included strap. The mesh part will also help the board dry faster.
- The board finally includes a repair kit which I highly doubt you’ll ever need, considering the strength of the Pace 1030.
As far as performance goes, you can safely argue that the Airhead Pace 1030 is one of the most powerful recreational boards in the industry and that includes Airheads themselves. The board’s engineering and navigation system are powerful enough to give you one hell of an experience and that is something that can’t be experienced on most inflatable paddle boards in the industry.
- The Airhead Pace 1030 is a very well-engineered inflatable paddle board.
- It’s stiff and sturdy.
- It’s also quite stable and it tracks quite well on various water conditions.
- The Airhead Pace 1030 doesn’t come with a paddle which could have been the cherry on the top especially considering the price tag.
- The color choice of this board might not be your thing.