Aqua Marina is one of the biggest brands in the water sporting goods industry.
They’ve been in business for a very long time and they offer various inflatable stand up paddle boards from which you get to choose your best water companion;an inflatable paddle board that is made to respect the highest quality levels with the most convenient designs and the strongest construction’s material that can be put to an inflatable paddle board.
Aqua Marina is, with no doubt, a name that has built its reputation slowly and firmly to represent values like authenticity, innovation and trust.
Our board for this review is the Aqua Marina Drift Fishing inflatable SUP board which will impress you one way or another.
- Extra thick and durable 6″ double-wall drop stitch core material.
- Independent side chambers for safety and stability concern.
- One slide-in center fin
- Large Diamond EVA anti-slip foot pad. Heat embossed for maximum traction and durability.
- Built-in fishing rod holding mounts on both sides
- Stainless steel D-ring on tail for safety leash attachment
- 2 stainless steel D-rings in center for attaching fish cooler box
- 4 stainless steel D-rings on the nose attached with an elastic bungee cord
- 1 center carry handle
- 1 center detachable fin
- Packages includes:
- KOOL fishing cooler with high back seat, bait well and storage boxes included
- Carry Bag
- Removable Center Fin
- High Pressure Pump & Gauge
|Dimensions||10’10” x 38″ x 6″|
|Material||PVC & Drop Stitch|
|Weight limit||287 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||7 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 center detachable fin|
The Drift Fishing paddle board measures an outstanding width of 38 inches to deliver an outstanding mission; fishing on this iSUP is going to be safe, fun and different. To get that, you’ll find two independent side air chambers which you wouldn’t see anywhere else. Those chambers are the most prominent thing about the Drift; they are meant to extremely boost the balance of the board and secure anything on board while paddling, chilling, or fishing.
I have to admit that I was a little bit surprised when I knew that I am going to try this iSUP, because hearing that an inflatable board is 38 inches wide is not something regular; but looking at the pictures, you’ll understand that those air chambers are the best add a fishing inflatable stand up paddle board could get.
The thickness of the board is also an important aspect; the Drift got the usual 6 inches which most quality inflatable stand up paddle boards go for; it’s the probably the best you could get unless you’re looking for a monster iSUP.
Aqua Marina understands that inflatable stand up paddle boards are meant to meet certain standards concerning the practical needs of transportation and usage, thus, they are aware, like any other authentic company, that their products cannot be only practical, but also durable.
The Drift Fishing iSUP is made of a double-wall drop stitch and military grade material; once fully inflated, you’ll notice that the whole body of the board turns stiff and hard which reflects the strength and durability of its essential construction.
The Drift is a strong inflatable SUP board which will endure hours in the sun while holding up to something around 290 pounds. Unless something really tragic happened; this board is going to last.
With this board, I feel like there is so much to talk about; the details, the design and all the features that come really handy once in the water. Let’s start with the obvious things:
- The one outstanding thing about the Drift Fishing is the two side air chambers as previously mentioned; they added extra width to the iSUP which means extra stability. Not only that; those air chambers are there for safety reasons because fishing isn’t just about sitting there for the fish to take the bait; it has a lot more action to it. You will have to pump each side separately though, using the two extra valves on the sides.
- Concerning the traction pad; you’ll find an EVA deck that is diamond grooved and heat embossed for maximum traction and durability. It’s stiff and soft at the same time for your feet or knees to stay unharmed and comfortable.
- Let’s get serious now; the Drift Fishing is featured with 7 stainless steel D-rings which work like a complete bungee system; 4 of which are on the nose and are connected with a bungee cord. Another 2 D-rings are fixed on the traction pad so you can secure the cooler to the board. The last D-ring is on the iSUP’s tail for safety leash attachment.
- You’ll find two built-in fishing rod holders on both your sides while you’re on the board’s back fishing; those holders will allow you to fix your rod to the board and paddle around to your favorite fishing spot without worrying about it falling or losing it.
- The Drift Fishing comes with a large central slide-in fin which is also removable to facilitate packing the deflated board. The fin is slim and it delivers great water tracking which -besides stability- the Aqua Marina recognizes as one of the Drift Fishing’s best aspects.
I’m honestly digging this package because Aqua Marina doesn’t just make a product but they think about adding the best equipment to complete it and bring the best of an iSUP. I’ll start with what I though is the coolest thing about the Drift Fishing inflatable paddle board:
- A Kool fishing cooler is the greatest thing about this iSUP; it’s there for you to enjoy one of the best fishing experiences. When I say the best I really mean that it’s going to be safe, easy and fun. This cooler is removable and can be easily attached to the board. On the inside, you’ll find little storage boxes where you can put different baits and save them fresh.
- You’ll also find an Aqua Marina high pressure hand pump which works perfectly inflating the whole board including the side air chambers. A pressure gauge is there too for you to know when you are to hit the recommended pressure level of 15 psi which is enough to turn the Drift thick and stiff.
- Aqua Marina features most of their iSUPs with a Magic backpack where you can pack and store your board once you deflate it. It’s decent and does the job required as you can carry it comfortably on your back for a while.
The Drift Fishing is one of a hell stable inflatable stand up paddle board; the side air chambers are the best add any iSUP could get if it is targeting stability. You can take this inflatable SUP board on lakes and calm rivers to fish; it’s going to give you great tracking and extreme balance. This board is responsive and not very demanding to control, thus, you’ll get to focus on fishing.
- Durable 6 inch (15cm) double-wall drop stitch core material
- Sculpted balance flow curves board design
- EVA deck: honeycomb groove, heat Embossed, maximum traction and durability
- The Aqua Marina Drift Fishing paddle board defies the norms of regular iSUPs with 2 independent air chambers on both sides.
- It features a width of 38 inches for maximum stability and safety.
- It comes with a Kool cooler for fishermen to save their baits.
- It has 7 D-rings, 4 of which are attached a bungee cord.
- It has 2 two built-in fishing rod holders.
- The Aqua Marina Drift Fishing paddle board is not that fast.
- To include a paddle in the package would’ve been the cherry on top of the cake especially considering the price tag!
- Inflating the board + its two side chambers can be a tedious task. So, if you don’t mind spending a few extra money, buy an electric pump and save yourself from the hassle of manually pumping this giant board.
Aqua Marina Drift Fishing iSUP – More images
Last update on 2023-09-27 at 07:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API