Aqua Marina has produced a lot too many boards by now but I must admit that none of them resemble their latest contribution to the market.
The Aqua Marina Flow Yoga SUP is undeniably a unique board in the sense that it looks quite different from your standard stand up paddle board.
The Flow Yoga is just as the name suggests a board primarily optimized for yoga practices and light workout. This is a paddle board that is designed to induce stability, balance and serenity and that is something to keep in mind before you proceed with this review.
No products found.
No products found.
- Large diamond cut EVA pad that’s heat embossed for maximum traction and durability.
- 4 stainless Steel D-Rings attached with an elastic bungee cord
- 1 extra stainless steel D-Ring on tail
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Tri-fin system
- Package Includes
- Backpack carry bag
- High pressure air pump & pressure gauge
- Removable tri-fins
|Dimensions||9’9″ x 32″ x 6”|
|Material||Highly durable drop-stitch PVC fabric construction|
|Weight limit||264 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin layout with a slide-in design central fin|
The length of the board is usually defined by user compatibility and the overall purpose of the vessel which explains why this board measures approximately 9.7 feet in length. The length of this board is specifically designated to match the needs and requirements of most women out there.
At 9.7 feet, this board is also optimized to maximize straight tracking and coordination which is the cherry on top of the cake for those of you who are primarily getting this board for its yoga(istic) qualities.
As far as width is concerned, the Flow stands at 32 staggering inches. I am not exaggerating when I say that this is one of the most stable paddle boards in the industry.
Relative to its length, the width of the board is simply perfect for a better balance and stability which is essential for any yoga practice. Also, the wide platform will enable you to perform most poses without risking falling into the water or capsizing the board.
Thickness is also a valuable dimension to the overall performance of the board and in this case it couldn’t have been better. It is quite common amongst boards that measure less than 4 inches in thickness to bend at the center under consequential weight. However, with its 6 inches thick body, this board is going to keep you high and dry (positively) throughout your experience. Also, it would make a nice diving pad after your Yoga workout.
Considering the price of this board, its quality is surprisingly good. Aqua Marina may not have invested as much effort into this board as they would have with a competitive board but considering the purpose of the board and the target user, the quality of this board is just right.
The Aqua Marina Flow Yoga is quite a rigid board that is strictly made of solid PVC material which is as powerful as crocodile skin. But if that is not enough to impress you then bear in mind that the manufacturer invested in an industrial drop stitch construction to put the board together instead of the regular cheap glue which could burst at any moment.
Overall, this is a paddle board that is designed with a yoga lover in mind but built to endure even the most unplanned experiences and making it out without permanent damage.
Even the most invisible details on this board showcase how much dedication was invested into its making and that can’t be said about most boards out there. Nevertheless, and in order to preserve your time, this article will delve into the most prominent features of the board and you can project that onto the remaining specs.
- The most appealing feature on this board has got to be the specially designed Eva gripping pad which covers the entirety of the board’s platform. If you haven’t guessed it by now, the Flow is perfectly optimized for Yoga practices and this feature shows exactly how efficient the board is at staying true to its purpose. The gripping pad is meant to enhance your grip on the board thus improving your control and ability to navigate. The pad will also improve your balance which is essential for any yoga practice.
- Another prominent aspect of the Flow Yoga is the 4 stainless steel D-rings attached with a bungee cord on the nose of the board. This is one of the most useful features on an iSUP as it serves as a great cargo net to transport / store anything from your clothes to your backpack (comes with the board)
- The board features one extra D-ring on the tail which is meant for safety leash attachment or for tying up the board to a dock when necessary.
- The navigation system on the paddle board is also worthy of a strong mention as it exhibits a tri-fin system which had its fair share of positive and negative criticism. Those who like this system argue that it is far more efficient and responsive whereas the rest argue that it is not much of an upgrade from the single fin system. However, what matters most is that it is perfectly functional.
Packaging is a polemic element on each and every sport item in the market because it can make a huge difference on your attitude as a buyer and eventually your experience. Fortunately, the Aqua Marina Flow Yoga comes in an all-inclusive package which includes pretty much all you’d need to enjoy your experience to the fullest.
- The package contains a carry bag back pack which is the best bit in the package as it will enable you to transport / store the board at ease.
- The package also includes the 3 removable fins for the navigation system which is a nice touch. This is an interesting feature because it’ll enable you to remove the fins when in shallow water thus preserving them longer.
- Last but definitely not least, the board comes with a high pressure hand pump with a pressure gauge to allow you inflate your board to the exact degree of 15 PSI.
As far as performance is concerned, I believe that we stressed fair enough the fact that this board is primarily designed for yoga which explains why it’s not designed like most boards that are meant to cut through water rapidly. This board is shaped to maximize balance and stability for the paddler’s as that is its main purpose.
Also, the navigation system is very efficient as the smaller 2 fins will do a great job at fending off side forces from shaking the board whereas the central fin will help you navigate with agility.
No products found.
- The Aqua Marina Flow Yoga is a budget-friendly inflatable paddle board that’s designed for yoga lovers.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It features a large EVA deck pad that covers the entire back of the board.
- The EVA deck pad on this board is heat embossed for maximum traction and durability.
- It can take up to 264lbs without flexing.
- This paddle board is optimized for yoga practices and light workout, which makes it a bit slower than regular recreational paddle boards.
Aqua Marina Flow Yoga – More images
Last update on 2022-05-16 at 14:40 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API