Aqua Marina is all about next level paddle boarding and that’s why it’s considered to be a leading manufacturer in the industry. A company with such drive and enthusiasm is given an ability to capture any paddler’s attention because it has made a special paddle board for everyone out there.
Aqua Marina introduced a wide variety of inflatable paddle boards into the scene with the sole purpose to satisfy the needs and requirements of every paddler. That’s why we are here to welcome the latest and greatest Aqua Marina Perspective. This board right here defies paddle boarding norms as a whole which kind of makes it a piece of art. So, let us discover it.
- Durable 4″ double-wall drop stitch core material
- Independent double-side chambers for safety and maximum stability
- Splash Guards around the bow
- One slide-in center fin
- Large heatembossed EVA deck pad for maximum traction and durability
- Stainless steel D-ring for safety leash attachment
- Elastic bungee cord for cargo
- 1 center carry handle
- Packages includes:
- Magic backpack
- Hi pressure hand pump with pressure gauge
- Slide-in fin
|Dimensions||9’9″ x 38″ x 4″|
|Material||PVC & Drop-stitch|
|Weight limit||220 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||7 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||One slide-in center fin|
The reason so many boards out there are 12 feet long and over is very simple; the length of the paddle board significantly impacts the performance and user compatibility which are both at the essence of paddle boarding.
The Aqua Marina Perspective measures 9’9” in length and that is relatively huge. The fact that this board is as long as two adults stacked up one on top of the other makes it that much less likely to be hindered by standard current; instead, 9 feet and 9 inches will cut right through that lake / river seamlessly. Also, the fact this board is this exact size makes it perfect for young adults and adults. However, if you happen to be younger / smaller, you might want to consider looking up a smaller board.
Length is important for both compatibility and tracking but width is also crucial. At 38 inches in width once fully inflated, the Aqua Marina Perspective stands out as one of the widest paddle boards in the industry and that is not a vain title. The wider the board, the most likely it is to fend off disturbance and maintain a firm and stable platform. Speaking of which, 38 inches will make balance a piece of cake and this is especially useful for beginning and intermediate paddlers. The wide platform will also enable you to move around comfortably on top of the board without risking falling in at any moment.
Now that we know that both the width and length of this Aqua Marina are to the taste, let’s take a look at an even more crucial dimension and that is thickness. The Perspective is 4 inches thick which could’ve been better to be honest since boards that measure 4 inches or less in thickness are prone to bend at the center and dive under excessive weight. Luckily, this is only a valid risk for poor quality boards, so that shouldn’t be a concern of yours.
As far as quality is concerned, you can pretty much argue that Aqua Marina paddle boards are the best quality boards in the industry as a whole. This right here is a company that has established a firm reputation due to the quality of their products without exception. Hence, the Aqua Marina Perspective is no different than its predecessors as it is strictly made of highly durable PVC material which is the same material zodiacs are made from.
The board is accordingly fortified using an industrial drop stitch construction instead of the cheap glue method which will end up ripping under pressure. If that tells you anything, it is that this board is the equivalent of a hulk in the paddling realm.
This board is a piece of work and that can be seen through its basic features which are at the essence of the Perspective. The board’s simplest details give away just how much dedication and effort were invested into what this board has come to be. Sadly, today we will only be looking at the most prominent features of the board.
- The most appealing feature on the Aqua Marina Perspective has got to be the separate extra air-chambers on each side of the board. Not only are these chambers a special touch but they’re also a very useful one too. The unique design is meant to improve stability and most importantly make it easier for beginning paddlers to enjoy the sport.
- The Eva gripping pad is also quite an interesting feature of the Perspective because unlike any other, this one actually covers up the board’s entire platform. Interestingly, this is an extremely practical feature because it will make it easier for the user to adjust him / herself continuously on the board as they go. Also, the gripping pad will prove extremely efficient once you’ll need to get back on top of the board from the water.
- The stainless steel D-rings attached with a bungee cord on the nose of the board is also a must for all inflatable boards because of how useful this feature simply is. Said system can be used as a cargo net to transport / store anything from your fishing gear to your paddle, all of which to allow you to enjoy a hands free experience at all times.
- The navigation system on the Perspective is a simple / traditional uni-fin design. Most people would disagree with this design in favor of the tri fin system but then again, it hasn’t been really proven the 3 fins function better than one fin. The Perspective rocks a large central removable fin which cuts right through the water, making navigation a breeze for beginners.
- Multiple chambers-extra side chambers for Super stability and splash Guards around the bow
- Comfortable brushed EVA deck
- D-rings for kayak seat fitment
Packaging is that one element that can either make or break a deal in a matter of seconds because you either realize that this is going to be a joyous experience or a terrible one the moment you gaze at the components of the package.
Fortunately, the Aqua Marina Perspective comes with a comprehensive package including almost everything you’ll need to maintain this board.
- The package includes a high pressure hand pump which is an essential tool in the paddler’s inventory. The pump is hooked with a pressure gauge to help you inflate your board to the appropriate degree (15 PSI: board – 5 PSI: side chambers)
- The board also comes with a back pack carry bag which will make transporting and storing the board a piece of cake. All you need to do is deflate the board, roll it up and throw it in the bag to go.
- The package also includes a central large removable fin which is great for manoeuvres. It is advised to remove the fin in shallow water to preserve it better and keep you from capsizing the board.
As far as performance goes, the Perspective is primarily a beginner board and that needs to be kept in mind. That however doesn’t take away from the fact that this is a solid performer and that has a lot to do with body design, size and navigation system. All in all, the Aqua Marina Perspective is more than enough for any beginner out there.
- The Aqua Marina Perspective is a budget-friendly inflatable stand up paddle board that’s best suited for beginners.
- The quality and practicality of the board’s features are also worthy of a strong mention as they constitute a large portion of why this board is a solid pick especially for beginners.
- This board is quite stable, sturdy and it tracks quite well.
- If speed and maneuverability are high on your list, i’m afraid the Aqua Marina Perspective isn’t the right board for you.
- The Aqua Marina Perspective doesn’t come with a paddle.
- Inflating the board + its two side chambers can be a tedious task.
Last update on 2023-09-27 at 07:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API