Atlantis is a name I found perfect for a brand that started to direct a new foundation of their products into water, that’s why you might not be very familiar with the brand.
Atlantis is relatively a new name in the inflatable standup paddle boards’ industry line; don’t worry though, whatever we are going to present here is pre-tested for you to make up your mind easily.
Standup paddle boarding is absolutely on the rise with a growing clients’ platform which seeks practicality, strength, speed and chilling. Yes, that’s right; Atlantis put those aspects as their standards to be part of the standup paddle boarding world.
- Light Weight & Solid Performance
- Large anti-slip deck pad
- Integrated bungee systems and multiple D-rings for storage and attachments
- 2 small fins + 1 central removable fin
- 1 comfortable carrying handle
- Package includes :
- Adjustable fiberglass paddle
- Light weight backpack carrier bag
- Dual Action High Pressure air pump with PSI guage
- Removable Center Fin
|Dimensions||10’6″x 30″ x 6″|
|Material||High quality construction using marine grade rubber provides extra durability|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||20 PSI is the maximum, however at 10 PSI it’s extremely stiff and ready to go.|
|Fins||Two small fixed fins on sides + 1 detachable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Atlantis is 10.6 feet tall, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick; those are the dimensions of a rigid iSUP if you ask me. The 10.6 feet are the best for both entry and advanced level because it’s neither too big nor too small for any.
If you are a beginner and you’re in need of a stable board, then the Atlantis is your guy; 6 inches thickness is the best you could find on the market whereas it’s very rare to find something thicker. I’m not saying that the Atlantis is the best shot you got, but I’m telling you that this board is made with a vision to make it a choice that you wouldn’t regret.
I was not disappointed to find that the Atlantis is made of UV resistant PVC which will not only resist the hot and burning summer sun as well as the saltiness of the water, but also will endure the harshness of the surrounding environment be it rocky shores or running white waters.
Its body is made of durable military grade material which will guarantee you a board that will last and preserve its performance. I’m sure that you will get a glimpse of what I’m talking about once you inflate the board and sense how rigid and stiff it turned to be. The double high-buoyancy covering and reinforced material allows the Atlantis to feel and preforms like a hard board even though I don’t really like to compare the two and that’s for reason; the iSUPs’ features.
The Atlantis 10’6” inflatable paddle board, like any other good board, is featured with plenty of options and characteristics that never fail to remind why I appreciate inflatable stand up paddle boards.
- To begin with, it’s almost impossible not to notice that large anti-slip deck pad; it covers more than 2 thirds of the board’s back which is not something you’d see every day. Such large pad will allow you to stand tall with full control over the board while you paddle. You can also lie down, sit, or even carry someone else on board with you without worrying about water causing any of you to slip of the board.
- The bungee system on the Atlantis is not on the front as it is usually set on other iSUPs; you’ll find 4 stainless steel D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord near the tail this time, plus one D-ring at the end of the board for safety leash attachment. I think I like it this way better because when I secured my meal to the Atlantis, I didn’t have to keep hitting it with the paddle every time I look away. Securing your stuff behind you will allow you to enjoy more space on the front.
- Not only your meal that you can carry on board; Atlantis can hold up to 350 lbs without it twitching. It’s so stiff as a Jeep can ran over it without any harm.
- The Atlantis is featured with two fixed smaller fins and a big central, removable one. This triple set is definitely going to make a difference; water tracking couldn’t be any smoother on this board. The Atlantis is designed to literally rock flat water with those fins added to the fact that it is 6 inches thick. Moreover, detaching the large fin for easy packing is one pleasant thing to do of how simple it is.
- Last but not least, the colors chosen for the Atlantis are white, black and blue which are classic and always on the use and demand. Additionally, you’ll notice that the design is a real sleek one which targets rigidity and balance as a main trait.
I always insist that one of the best things about inflatable standup paddle boards is that they come in complete packages with everything essential to handle them. They’re literally made to make life easier. The Atlantis is brought to life with a nice package that consists of:
- A 3 piece adjustable paddle which can easily be broken down into 3 parts to fit anywhere. The paddle is light and really functional with a T shape grip for maximum control. The same grip is covered with a rubbery material for a comfortable grip during long distance touring trips.
- A dual action high pressure SUP air pump with gauge which will allow you to inflate the Atlantis up to 20 psi. Can you imagine the amount of stiffness a 20 PSI means? It’s beyond reality I’d say, that’s why the company recommends that you to keep it somewhere between 10-15 PSI.
- A backpack carry bag which is designed to fit in the whole package. It’s practical, light and comfortable to use. This could also be treated as a feature; authentic boards can’t afford this luxury.
- Foam SUP with adjustable paddle
- Viewing window in the board to see the sea below you
- Attached traction pad for better grip
The Atlantis is widely recommended to be used in flat water; it’s very stable, stiff and rigid. You’ll enjoy a peaceful and smooth paddling experience thanks to everything that had been mentioned above. Yet, the very same iSUP is designed to defy natural conditions which you might like to face and enjoy; thus, you can always try it in white waters using the necessary safety measurements. Finally, if there is anything that would reflect how good a product is, it should be the years of warranty which shows the trust a company puts in their products. Atlantis comes with 2 years manufacturer warranty to have you covered which is more than enough to test all of its aspects and performance.
- The Atlantis is presented to you with highly convenient dimensions which are just right for different paddling levels.
- It’s made of highly durable UV resistant PVC material (can be ran over without any harm).
- It features a very large anti-slip pad that covers the board’s back for maximum control and stability.
- It tracks quite well on various water conditions.
- On top of everything else, it comes with in an all-inclusive package and it’s reasonably priced.
- The air valve on this board is on the nose instead of the tail as with most inflatable SUP boards on the market; that said, deflating this board and rolling it up could take some time.
- The included aluminum paddle is ok for starters but you might want to upgrade to a lighter one down the road.
Atlantis 10’6″ inflatable SUP Board – Video
Last update on 2021-01-19 at 07:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API