Today’s review is going to be about the Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge which is one if the cheapest inflatable paddle board on the market. This iSUP might not be famous but it is sure to impress you on real ground.
Inflatable stand up paddle boards are on the rise thanks to their features and their practicality; this inflatable stand up paddle board is no exception. The Hydro-Force Wave Edge is a budget-friendly paddle board that’s best suited for beginners. That said, let’s have a closer look at its features,specifications and performance.
- Anti-slip traction pad
- Multiple D-rings on the nose attached with a bungee cord
- comfortable center carry handle
- Tri-fin setup (2 fixed side fins + 1 removable center fin)
- Package includes :
- High pressure pump & gauge
- 83-inch aluminum paddle
- Removable central fin
- Travel bag
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||122" x 27" x 4"|
|Material||PVC & drop-stitch material|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||10 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||2 fixed side fins + 1 large slide-in fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
As mentioned before, the Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge is constructed to meet the need of mostly beginners that’s why you’ll find that it is only 10 feet and 2 inches long. I’m not trying to make it seem small because a 10 feet board can also be perfect for intermediate paddlers.
The Thing is that if you are looking for adventure and speed you’ll probably need a bigger board. Anyhow, the Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge will serve you just right in terms of width; it’s 27 inches wide which is a bit narrow than most inflatable all-round recreational paddle boards out there. Also, this board is just 4 inches thick which could have been better. Thin inflatable paddle boards are known for being prone to flexing at the center under heavy weight.
Bestway seems to understand how the iSUPs’ industry works; the Hydro-Force Wave Edge is made of quality drop-stitch material that allows the board to expand under a high level of air pressure without losing shape or going loose.
The Thing is that if you are looking for adventure and speed you’ll probably need a bigger board. Anyhow, the Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge will serve you just right in terms of width; it’s 27 inches wide which is almost the standard for all-round recreational paddle boards. Also, this board is just 4 inches thick which could have been better. Thin inflatable paddle boards are known for being prone to flexing at the center under heavy weight.
Every inflatable stand up paddle board has something special to it and what I found special about the Hydro-Force Wave Edge is its sleek and basic design. This board is built with an all-round shape that is perfect four touring, and I’m not going to lie to you; it was a blast to ride this one. Now, let’s shed some light on its major features:
- The Hydro-Force Wave Edge is featured with an anti-slip traction pad that covers more than 2 thirds of its back; it’s soft and really functional. If you touch it with your hands you’ll find that it’s softer than other boards’ pads thanks to the rubbery material it is made of; it’s so nice to kneel or stand on it.
- Also, you’ll find a central carry handle for easy transportation once the board is fully inflated.
- Moreover, like most quality iSUPs, the Hydro-Force Wave Edge is featured with a bungee system that consists of 4 D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord. These D-rings come really handy when you need to take something on board with you; I use them all the time to secure my meal-box and camera to the board. A fifth D-ring is on the board’s tail to attach a safety leash.
- The Hydro-Force Wave Edge is featured with a tri-fin navigation system which offers great performance in various water conditions. One fin is large, central and removable while the other two are smaller, lateral and fixed.
Like always, a good package is a good deal. The Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge is a great deal for anyone who is looking for a cheap inflatable paddle board. This board comes in a complete package, you’ll find :
- A hand pump that you can take anywhere with you; it’ll allow you to inflate the board up to 15 psi easily and in a short time.
- The previously mentioned fin set.
- A 3 piece aluminum paddle that is also adjustable to suit your height.
- A carry backpack that is pretty functional yet it’s not the best thing you can get. However, it does the job and helps pack the whole thing together anywhere in the house.
The Bestway Hydro-Force Wave Edge is a decent inflatable paddle board. It performs relatively well on various water conditions. Personally, I didn’t face any major problem controlling the board, on contrary; changing directions is the easiest thing with this board. Further, its navigation system allows it to track nicely and smoothly.
When it comes to stability; I was very pleased with how easy it is to balance my body on top of the board despite its narrow width. However, as a beginner, you’ll feel so much at ease on top of this board.
All in all, everything on this board is on point making it a great deal for the buck.
- Two modeled side fins and one removable middle fin for directional stability
- Drop stitch material provides unparalleled strength and durability
- Anti-slip traction pad
- The Bestway Hydro-Force is a budget-friendly inflatable SUP board.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It performs relatively well.
- This board is just 4 inches thick which makes it prone to bending at the center under heavy load.
- It’s not wide enough (27 inch).
- The paddle that comes with board is a bit heavy and cheapy.