You can’t help but wonder about one specific little thing whenever you come across the idea of purchasing an inflatable paddle board and that is why an inflatable? It’s a pretty valid question actually.
Why would you get an inflatable paddle board when you can purchase an authentic, solid and powerful board?
The answer to that is pretty simple and we know just the company to answer that for you. Bestway is considered to be a newer rival in the industry of inflatable paddle board yet it has already taken over a large portion of the market.
In no time, the brand managed to accumulate numerous positive reviews and hundreds of supporters. Hence, today, we are taking a closer look at one of the company’s latest introductions to the market, the White Cap.
- Built with military-grade PVC and drop-stitch construction inside
- Non-slip traction pad
- Convenient deck handle to easily pick up and carry the SUP
- 2 fixed lateral fins and 1 removable larger center fin
- 4 stainless steel D-rings near nose attached with a bungee cord
- 2 stainless steel D-rings for attaching the included kayak seat
- 1 D-ring near tail for safety leash attachment
- Package includes :
- Air Hammer inflation pump
- Aluminium paddle
- Repair Kit
- Travel Bag
- Pressure Gauge
- Kayak seat with back rest
|Dimensions||10′ long x 32″ wide x 4″ thick|
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Weight limit||210 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||2 fixed lateral fins + 1 removable larger center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
|Warranty||180-day inflatable board, 30-day included accessories|
The Bestway HydroForce White Cap is undeniably a large board and that applies to all of its dimensions. Accordingly, in length, the board stands at a practical 10 feet which is not just an arbitrary number. In fact, the board is specifically tailored to fit with the requirements of young adult and adult paddlers. Thus, if you happen to fall outside the range of these two categories then our best advice to you would be to keep looking.
The board’s width is also purposeful as it is meant to improve performance as much as aesthetics. Hence, the White Cap measures about 32 inches in width which is a little larger than the standard inflatable paddle board but also more stable. Indeed, the fact that this board is as wide as it is, makes it more fitting for beginners as it will enable you to maintain balance even on disturbed currents.
From width, we jump to thickness which is the third dimension yet also one which is equally important as the previous 2.
There are no risks to be taken when it comes to thickness as it is a critical dimension to the board’s functionality and condition. Therefore, at 4 inches in thickness, the White Cap will keep you high above water level at all times and most importantly, it will not bend under excessive weight pressure. Speaking of which, the board at hand has a weight limit of 200 lbs, so keep that in mind.
The second thing we will tackle down is the quality of the board which should have been the first. However, it would be pointless to read about quality before knowing whether the board fits you or not.
So, the White Cap is definitely not a stranger to the game and just like its predecessors, the build of this board won’t be any different. The brand insists on building its boards, using nothing but military grade PVC material which is both a solid and flexible base for the board. If you carry any concerns for durability then rest assured because there is no way you’re puncturing this board as it is made of the same stuff zodiac boats are made of.
As if that’s not reassuring enough, the company made sure to put the board together using an industrial drop stitch construction instead of the cheap and inefficient glue method. This is what makes the White Cap virtually indestructible.
There are obviously a few features to the boards that are pretty common amongst inflatables. However, that is exactly what we like to see on most iSUPs because that is what places them ahead of hard boards.
The White Cap is a versatile recreational board with an impressive set of useful little features and they go as follows:
- First things first, we have to take a long look at that gripping pad because it obviously appears to be different than most. Indeed, unlike a lot of inflatable paddle boards, this Eva pad only covers around 50% of the board’s platform. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s going to be less effective as it is the result of a broader study of paddler’s feet placement which lead to this design. Thus, the gripping pad on the White Cap only expands over the most commonly frequent foot placements, making it less overwhelming and equally practical.
- Then there is the 4 stainless steel D-rings attached with a bungee cord which is quite the inflatable touch. This placement is going to make your life as a paddler a lot easier as it will enable you to quickly and practically store / transport anything from your paddle to your fishing gear.
- Moreover, the board comes with an impressive little feature called the kayak seat. Yup, you heard me right! This paddle board comes with a kayak seat which opens up the room for experiences even further for you. The possibilities you can expect of a paddle board are pretty endless and throwing a kayak in the mix will make it even more enjoyable.
In terms of performance, there is no way to compare this board to a professional racing SUP. We are not going to make this iSUP seem like something it isn’t but what we will do is give it its due diligence. The White Cap is primarily a recreational board which makes it more of a catch for beginning paddlers but that doesn’t mean it will perform badly.
In fact, The White Cap features an ultra slim design which will help the board slide seamlessly and a triple fin navigation system which will significantly improve straight tracking and command.
- Hydro-Force White Cap inflatable stand up paddle board & kayak; Drop stitch material provides unparalleled strength and...
- 3-ply reinforced polyester with double PVC wall for durability; Non-slip traction pad; 3 modeled side fins directional...
- Convenient deck handle to easily pick up and carry the SUP; Quick inflation and deflation air valve
The packaging of the HydroForce White Cap is what we call a solid deal. Indeed, the board at hand comes with pretty much all you’ll need to maintain it which cannot be said about most boards out there.
- The board comes with an adjustable aluminium paddle.
- The package also includes the previously mentioned kayak seat.
- Further, the HydroForce White Cap comes with a high pressure hand pump and an extremely efficient carry bag for easier transport and storage.
- The best thing about the board has got to be the fact that it comes within a complete package and that will make a whole lot of difference in the long run.
- The board can be used as a paddle board or a sit on top kayak.
- It’s very well-made and looks great.
- It’s quite large making it very stable for beginners.
- The White Cap is just 4″ thick which is a bit weak compared to other boards with 6″ in thickness.
Bestway Hydro-Force White Cap – Images
Last update on 2023-06-05 at 13:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The original question of this article was ridiculous. Obviously, a SUP’er would purchase an inflatable SUP vs. a fiberglass, 10′ or 11′, ridiculously wide standard board, for storage or transportation space, or carrying weight issues. It’s kind of hard to read an article on inflatable SUPs from someone who can’t figure out that a lot of people live in apartments, don’t have garage space for a huge board, don’t want to drive with a huge board, and don’t want to carry a huge board. Duh… The real question with inflatable SUPs, which real sports enthusiasts ask, is regarding durability. Anyway, this is a great board. I’m buying it. I’m pretty sure whomever wrote this article has never owned a Stand Up Paddleboard, and knows little to nothing of the sport. Shame…