Blue Wave Sports is one of the fastest growing brands in an industry that is literally blowing up. The inflatable paddle board realm is slowly taking over a large industry whose primary focus was authentic hard boards for years.
Do not misquote this for criticism because, we like to think of inflatable paddle boards as a significant upgrade. Yes, authentic boards are irreplaceable but it’s hard to look away from the fact that inflatable paddle boards are much more practical.
Yes, we know that inflatable paddle boards might not be able to compete with solid boards on a professional level but when we’re talking about recreational paddle boards, the Blue Wave Sports Stingray presents a great alternative.
- Large anti-slip deck pad featuring "Z Ray - Soft Grip Technology" for superior grip, control and comfort
- 4 Stainless steel D-rings on the tail attached with a bungee cord
- 2 extra D-rings for backrest or kayak seat attachment
- 1 more D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- High pressure screw valve and wrench
- Package includes :
- Adjustable paddle
- Adjustable removable fabric seat
- Foot rest
- Dual-action high pressure hand pump
- Detachable center tracking fin
- Rip-resistant polyethylene storage bag
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||10' x 30" x 4"|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & Dropstitch Technology|
|Number of D-rings||7 Stainless D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 slide-in large center fin + 2 small fixed fins|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The thing about inflatable paddle boards and paddle boards in general is that they are significantly influenced by their length. Accordingly, the Stingray stands at a solid 10 feet in length which sounds like the perfect size. Well, that is not very far from the truth because at 10 feet, this board is actually compatible with the majority of people who are actually interested in the sport. Hence, this Blue Wave Sports is technically compatible with teenagers, young adults and adults which is far better than a lot of boards can offer.
The length of the board is undeniably critical but what is even more significant is the width because it translates to the core criterion of a paddle board and that is balance. At 30 inches in width, it is safe to assume that the Stingray is a solid board. Indeed, the width of the Stingray is going to grant you all the stability you need to balance yourself on the board at ease, which will come in handy especially in disturbed currents.
Thickness is yet another dimension which is even more underrated than width because most people do not know the perks of a thick board. The Stingray might not be the thickest iSUP in the industry but at 4 inches, it is considered to be a relatively safe bet.
The thing is that thin inflatable paddle boards are more likely to bend at the waist under a lot of pressure and weight which is something you need to worry about with boards that measure 4 inches in thickness and less.
The Stingray can handle up to 220 lbs which is quite good for most people out there, however, if you’re a big guy whose weight exceeds the weight limit on this board, then it’s better to look for another inflatable paddle board that can handle more weight.
It might sound like size is the best thing about this Blue Wave Sports Stingray but quality is yet to release the throne. Indeed, the Blue Wave Sports Stingray is one of the toughest inflatable paddle boards in the industry and it all goes back to its premium build and material quality.
Accordingly, the Stingray is made of a multi-layered military grave PVC material which happens to be very satisfying to say but most importantly it is also the same material out of which zodiac boats are made of. Indeed, nothing says quality like robust PVC but there is more to the board than just that.
Actually, the build quality of the Stingray is even more impressive as it features and industrial drop-stitch construction which in the least is far better than cheap glue.
The basic features of this Blue Wave Sports are even more of a reason to seriously fall in love with this board. This might sound like an exaggerated statement before the reveal of said features but it must be noted that this is one of the few boards in the industry that is more than just an inflatable paddle board and you’ll see why in a second.
- The most basic yet very attractive feature on any inflatable paddle board needs to be the gripping pad and the Stingray has just the right one for you. The board features a quality pad which is both comfortable and extremely efficient which will grant you a firmer grip over the board, hence leading to an improved control. Also, take into consideration that the pad will also enhance your ability to balance yourself on top of the board.
- Then comes another prominent feature of the board which is not less important to say the least. The board is hooked with a set of D-rings scattered all over the pad but the placement is not arbitrary at all. The board features 6 stainless steel D-rings, 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord making of them a great cargo net to transport anything from your paddle to your sunglasses. The other 2 D-rings can be used to install a backrest or a kayak seat, expanding the board’s prospective for adventure by miles.
- The board also comes with an extra stainless steel D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment or to tie up the board to docks when necessary.
- Moreover, the Stingray is featuring a quite interesting navigation system of 3 fins. The norm for boards in general is a single fin system. However, lately triple fin systems have taken over and that applies for many reasons. The main reason which makes this a powerful system is the fact that it can maintain trajectory better and navigate smoother. Nevertheless, it is still not far ahead of the single fin system.
Inflatable paddle boards rely a lot more on packaging than standard hard boards because it is that which makes all of the difference. Hence, a healthy package can and will make a huge difference especially for beginners which is why Blue Wave Sports decided to hook this board up with a complete, all-inclusive package.
- The board comes with a solid paddle which is both light and flexible.
- The package includes an adjustable removable fabric kayak seat to explore even more horizons.
- The package also includes a foot rest to keep you seated comfortable on the kayak seat.
- The Stingray also comes with a high pressure hand pump and a detachable central fin.
- Last but not least, the pack includes a back pack to store and transport the board and a basic repair kit.
Performance wise, you can say that the Stingray is a champion compared to other recreational paddle boards in the industry because none other matches its slim design, its pointy edges and extremely efficient navigation system. All in all, this right here is a solid performer and it simply doesn’t get better than this for iSUPs especially considering its price tag.
- Blue Wave Sports Stingray is a budget-friendly recreational inflatable paddle board.
- It comes in a complete, all-inclusive package.
- It comes with a kayak seat and it features a foot rest.
- The board is extremely stable when fully inflated to 15 PSI.
- The included paddle is simple and easy to convert from a single blade for SUP to a double blade for sitting.
- Being able to put your feet on the foot rest and lean against the seat makes for a real kayaking experience
- Inflating this board to 15 psi with the included hand pump is a little difficult but doable.
Blue Wave Sport Stingray 10′ inflatable paddle board