Bright Blue is one of the youngest yet one of the competitive brands in the paddle boarding industry at the moment.
This is a brand that has only surfaced recently in the realm of inflatable paddle boards but it’s already taking over the spot light and for a very simple reason. Bright Blue makes great boards.
Inflatable paddle boards specifically are often criticized for not being tough enough which I like to think of as one of the biggest misconceptions out there and the proof is right here in front of us. Say hello to Bright Blue’s latest and greatest contribution to the market. So, let’s jump right into it.
[amazon fields=”B01M6UL3CA” value=”thumb” image_size=”large”]
[amazon fields=”B01M6UL3CA” value=”button”]
- Non-slip EVA diamond groove deck traction pad
- 8 Stainless D-Rings, 6 of which are attached with a bungee cord
- 1 large removable fin
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Package includes :
- 3 piece Aluminum Adjustable Paddle
- Detachable fin
- Dual action pump
|12’6″ Long x 30″ Wide x 6″ Thick
|PVC & drop-stitch
|Number of D-rings
|8 Stainless D-rings
|1 center removable fin
|1 center carry handle
This Bright Blue is a giant and I don’t mean that figuratively; no, this board is an actual giant which measures 12 feet 6 inches in length. Can you believe that? Perhaps you’re thinking that it’s excessively large and if that’s the case then you must be looking for a surf board because paddle boards are born to be giants.
Of course there are smaller boards but those are meant for smaller people. This board however is designed with an adult in mind. Also, the size of the board will significantly impact performance, considering that motion is very reliant on size.
As far as width goes, the Bright Blue stands at a solid 30 inches which is relatively adequate, looking at how long it is. The width of the board is just about right to keep it stable under most circumstances. This will also enhance your ability to move around on the surface of the board without risking tipping it over.
Thickness is often dismissed as an inconsequential dimension whereas it actually is crucial. The board at hand measures 6 inches in thickness which is the perfect fit for its total size thus making the core stronger and the board even more stable.
The fact that the board is 6 inches thick is significant because if it measured 4 inches or less, then it’s a board waiting to bend at the center. Hence, Bright Blue 12’6” iSUP board is made to endure a total weight capacity of 350 lbs without affecting performance a bit.
Quality is also a big trademark of the Bright Blue line and this board is not different. By simply looking at it, you can already tell that this board was built with passion and at that you’re right. However, it is also important to note that it was built with military grade PVC material which is equivalent to crocodile skin in terms of rigidity. The board however is as flexible as a dolphin as it is put together using an industrial drop stitch construction, making this board virtually indestructible.
All in all, it would be safe to assume that this is one of the best budge-friendly inflatable paddle boards in the industry; a board that is meant to burst through all obstacles and crash them to nothing. Yet, another reason to admire the big Bright Blue!
The best thing about this board is that you don’t even need to inspect it to be able to tell that it’s going to be one hell of a ride. However, if you had to, then make sure to check out the board’s most prominent features:
- One of Bright Blue’s most dominant features is the premium Eva gripping pad, covering more than 70% of the board’s surface. The pad is a top quality product which will grant you a firmer grip on the board and consequently better control. The pad will also enable you to adjust yourself comfortably and continuously on the board as you go without risking falling in and that’s really important when you’re fully dressed and have no intention to try out how cold the water is in early spring.
- Beyond the beautiful design, the second feature that stands out on the board has got to be the knitted bungee cord + D-rings placement. 6 D-rings sounds like a good base for a practical cargo net which will help you transport / store anything from your shoes to your paddle. Not only will the cargo net enable you to cruise hands free but it will also allow you to keep your belongings safe with you instead of leaving them on shore.
- The board also features one extra D-ring on the tail which is meant for safety leash attachment or for tying up the board to docks when necessary.
- Last but definitely not least is the navigation system on the Bright Blue. This board features a single removable fin system which is about everything you’ll need to achieve firm control over the board in most cases.
If you know anything about paddle boards then you would know that packaging is a big deal because it makes all the difference. Don’t believe me? Just Google it or you can stick around and check out what this package includes.
- This inflatable paddle board comes with a light weight adjustable paddle which is both rigid and flexible. This paddle will enable you to adjust it appropriately to your height and the depth of the water.
- The board also comes with a high pressure hand pump which is also an essential tool in the paddler’s back pack. The manufacturer hooks you up with a pressure gauge to help you inflate your board to the proper degree.
- Last but definitely not least, the package brings you a large removable fin whose benefits are limitless both on and off the board.
In terms of performance, the Bright Blue 12’6” iSUP board is a beast and you can tell just by looking at it. The board is built to track nicely in a straight line which is reinforced by its length whereas the navigation system will grant you all the grip you’ll need to guide this board wherever you desire. The board is very responsive and that has a lot to do with the fact that it is inflatable. All in all, Bright Blue has got to be one of the top performers when it comes to recreational boards.
- The board is quite huge and features a pointy nose.
- It can pick up speed quite easily.
- It feels quite stiff and sturdy when fully inflated.
- It featres a premium EVA anti-slip diamond groove deck traction pad.
- Bright Blue is quite new to the paddle boarding industry.
- This paddle board doesn’t come with a bag.