There might be no equivalent to stand up paddle boards but there’s definitely something better. I don’t mean to offend the retro authentic board lovers but I have to say that inflatable paddle boards are here to take over.
Not only are inflatable paddle boards lighter and more flexible, they’re also extremely practical. Just imagine all the possibilities you can explore with a paddle board that can fit inside a back pack. Isn’t that insane? It’s actually pretty simple: all you need to do is deflate the board, wrap it up and throw it inside any bag. There’s absolutely no limit to what you can do with such a compact equipment.
Now, all that’s left for you to do is to make up your mind on a product that appeals to you personally and it seems like you found yourself in the Earth River inflatable paddle boards. Good choice!
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- Non-slip diamond ‘Ultra Grip’ deck pad
- Contoured foot pad
- 5 stainless steel D-Rings
- 1 comfortable flat carry handle
- Tri-fin setup
- Package Includes
- Classic oversized backpack
- Double-action hand pump which pumps on both down and upstroke.
|Dimensions||Available in three size :
|Material||Double wall military grade PVC with 1000 denier drop stitch core.|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
The Earth River is a considerably large board and that goes for both versions. Yes, this board comes in two sizes each of which is designed to fit a specific category. The sizes of the two boards are substantially different and that applies to length, width and thickness.
On the one hand, the smaller version comes at 9 feet 6 inches in length which is essentially firm ground for teenage and young adult paddlers. Also, the length of this board is nicely molded to induce momentum gain and stability all along your ride.
On the other hand, the larger version measures an astounding 12 feet 6 inches in length. If you don’t find that chilling then you’ll have an epiphany once you stand by this board because it’s simply gigantic. The fact that this is a larger board makes it more compatible with adult paddlers whereas the overall shape grants this Earth River a competitive edge.
Width is also significantly different from one model to the other. The 9’6” board measures a promising 31 inches in width which is more than sufficient to guarantee superior balance and a considerable reduction of external forces influence.
You’d think that the larger board is going for a higher width but you’d be surprised that even the 12’6” Earth River measures 31 inches in width. Now, as said earlier, 31 inches is more than enough to ensure a stable platform for better movement and enhanced stability. Hence, even at 12’6” the board should run faster and given the size proportions, it should also act swiftly on water.
Another significant dimension is the thickness of both boards. Hence why, the 9’6” Earth River stands at 5 inches in thickness which is a secure number for a board this large. It must be noted that boards measuring less than 4 inches in thickness can easily bend at the center under excessive weight and that is not a pleasant experience.
Accordingly, the 12’6” model measures a solid 6 inches in thickness which is justified considering that this board is significantly larger and longer than the smaller model. Thus, both boards stand at a firm point on the scale of durability and that is significant.
Relatively speaking, the quality of these Earth River inflatable paddle boards is equivalent to that of a monster truck. There is no exaggeration there because these boards are built to last and that can be established by simply taking a look at the skin of the board.
The Earth River is strictly made of military grade PVC material which is the same stuff Zodiac boats are made of. Not only is this board made of robust material, it is also fortified using a 1000 denier drop stitch construction which is a far better alternative to cheap glue.
In simple English, the Earth River iSUP is built to dominate its designated environment and it means that as long as the board is within its element, there is no possible way to permanently damage it. In other words, forget about babysitting a vulnerable inflatable board because this right here is a beast and can take some serious beating.
The most basic features of the Earth River (large and small) are one more motive to get your hand on this board as soon as possible. There isn’t much to be said about the board’s features besides the fact that they couldn’t get any better.
- Both models feature an extra large gripping pad, covering almost the entirety of the board’s platform. That right there is a solid gripping pad which is not only meant to make riding the board comfortable but also to grant you a firmer grip over the board, hence enhancing your control.Also, the pads on both boards are large enough to allow you to continuously adjust yourself on the board in response to your obstacles.Last but not least, another crucial use of a gripping pad is the fact that it’s the only thing that would allow you to get back on top of the board from the water.
- The stainless steel D-rings attached with a bungee cord on both boards are yet another practical feature of the Earth River iSUPs. These placements serve as great cargo nets which are meant to store / transport anything from your snack and water bottle to your sunglasses and sandals. The idea behind this adjustment is to allow you to enjoy a hands-free experience at all times while still in proximity to everything you need on the ride.
- Another significant feature on both boards is the sophisticated triple fin navigation system. The Earth River rocks a solid 3 fin navigation system which is arguably the best thing on a paddle board after Matthew McConaughey. The side fins are meant to reduce the effect of side forces whereas the central large fin is designed to improve the agility of the board in responding to controls.
The packaging of the Earth River is yet another strength of this master piece and it contains:
- The board comes with an over-sized back pack carry bag that would fit the board when deflated and almost everything that comes with it. This will make transportation and storage a piece of cake.
- The package also includes a premium double action hand pump which does double the effect for half the work.
- The hand pump is hooked with a pressure gauge to help you inflate your board to the exact degree which is around 15 PSI for the 9’6” board and 20 degrees for the 12 feet long Earth River.
As far as performance is concerned, you need to keep in mind that this is a recreational board. That being said, the Earth River is a solid performer and can even do well in white water under the control of a professional paddler. However, if you’re a beginner then you might want to take it slow and stay on calm and steady water till you pick up some skills. The navigation system is also going to significantly enhance your experience which is always a good thing.
- The build quality of Earth River inflatable paddle boards is beyond criticism.
- Earth River paddle boards are featured with surfboard Innovation rarely seen on SUP’s. They have an edge raised foot pad which allows for greater control with the heel during push offs and advanced manoeuvres.
- Earth River boards come in various sizes so you can choose the board that better suits your needs.
- Earth River inflatable paddle boards are quite expensive. You’ll have to shell out some serious dough to get one of these boards.
- A paddle isn’t included in the package.
Earth River Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Boards – Images