The Gold Coast Surfboards’ company is known for their quality hard surfing boards, however, with the rising competition that inflatable stand up paddle boards create in the market, some of us might find it not so practical to opt for an authentic board. Still, I can’t deny that I absolutely love the simplicity and killer details with which the Anima SUP is made.
With an irresistible price, this board is the perfect stand up paddle board for anyone who is willing to take this friendly water sport seriously.
- Large non-slip Deck pad
- Pre-Installed GoPro Mount on the nose
- Two attachment devices for leash, anchor or light
- Tie downs for on deck storage
- Built-in carry handle
- Double concave bottom for less drag
- Flat rails for stability
- Double concave bottom for less drag
- Package includes :
- 10' leash
|Dimensions||10'4" long x 32" wide x 5" thick|
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Weight limit||275 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||Two thrusters and one 9" fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Anima SUP is basically a large board which measures a 10 feet and 4 inches in length, 32 inches in width, and it is 5 inches thick. Those dimensions are not random at all; on the contrary, I always happen to find that a 10 feet SUP is the perfect size for young people who are seeking good performance, full control over the board, and of course fun. That being said, it doesn’t mean that the Anima SUP is designed only for young people; this board can take up to 275 lbs which can be a big, if that’s the word to express what I want to say, fully grown up adult with cargo and equipment on board.
Concerning width, the best you could get is usually 34 inches when it comes to yoga SUPs. Thus, 32 inches for an all-round board is pretty awesome. The Anima is made to provide you with enough space where you can comfortably balance your body which has a direct impact on the board’s whole performance. This reminds me to tell you that such a board can be quite the deal for anyone who is trying stand up paddling for the first time.
As for thickness, 5 inches is going to absolutely keep you floating smoothly with great stability levels, and practically speaking, 5 inches is about perfect for a hard board.
This is the part where the focus happens to be on the material with which the SUP is constructed. As previously mentioned, the Anima is an extremely rigid board and that’s because it’s made of 4mm compressed croc texture IXPE on deck and rails; it makes it look and feel very stiff, yet, it remains really soft to handle.
Not only that; this board’s hull is made of slick HDPE double concave which makes it virtually indestructible. Moreover, the durable fiber-sandwich epoxy shell makes the Anima as strong as any board could ever get.
Further, the drop-stitch used to put the board together is go professional it makes it look like one whole piece. It’s quite remarkable when you look at the finishing and the smallest details of the board; the meticulousness and minuteness put to it is the real deal. Yet; you can clearly see that the Anima is an SUP with a basic design that can be the fit for anyone.
The Anima SUP is a great entry-level paddle board par excellence, and it is featured with everything that would make it a very functional board. I’m not going to make it any longer, and I’m going to state its most prominent features.
- First, we have a durable and user friendly soft foam pad that covers two thirds of the board’s back; it’s special for the vacuum molded fiberglass epoxy construction that adds to the durability of the whole board protecting it from possible damage.
- Second, a GoPro mount is on the nose which is not something you’d find on most other SUPs. I mean honestly, who would own a GoPro and wouldn’t want to rock it on their SUP? Everybody would love that.
- Then, you’ll find a bungee cord that connects 4 D-rings right on the deck for extra cargo securing. It comes really handy if you ask me especially if you are into long tours; you get to take whatever meals and equipment you need.
- Also, a reinforced central carry handle will allow you a comfortable position to holding and carrying the inflated board once out of the water.
- Finally, A trio-fin navigation system which I was really pleased with; one fin is central while the other two are smaller, lateral, and fixed. Those fins are all removable, they add greatly to the balance and speed of the board, as they actually did a great job tracking.
Having mentioned the fact that the Anima would make a great paddle board for beginners, we can agree that the very same board is not meant to hit high speed or be as competitive. However, the Anima is a stable board with great possibilities to control and manoeuver.
Its sleek, basic, yet sharp design enables it to knife through the water smoothly and effortlessly. Add to that the navigation system mentioned ahead which does enhance the board’s performance as a whole.
I wouldn’t say that this package is what everyone’s looking for, but maybe that’s for a solid reason that the company knows about. What I’m trying to say is that the Gold Coast Surfboards Anima Foam does not come in an all-inclusive package.
You’ll find the board, that’s obvious, the three fins, and a leash. There is no paddle included, not a backpack, and no repair kit. It’s not a very special package to say the least, but it’s quite enough for such a basic and friendly paddle board.
But that shouldn’t be a problem; if you really like the board you’ll find a way around it.
- The greatest thing about the Anima SUP is its sleek and strong design which makes it look and feel awesome.
- The board is great for beginners because it’s very stable, and hard to bend at the center under heavy weight load.
- It’s featured with three fins for greater tracking.
- It’s very well and strongly made.
- The Gold Coast Surfboards Anima Foam doesn’t come in an all-inclusive package. Neither a paddle, nor a carry backpack is included.
Gold Coast Surfboards ANIMA FOAM iSUP