Nothing can really compare to a warm summer evening, a paddle board and calm water. That right there is a match made in heaven.
Paddle boards are so resourceful and empowering in the sense that they sponsor extreme activities but also soothing and spiritual experiences.
A paddle board can be used to surf gigantic waves, tackle frightening white water and compete on a high intensity level but they can also be used for light exercises, Yoga and meditation. However, many people are hindered by the idea of maintaining an extremely large board. Well, not for any longer; say hello to inflatable paddle boards and more specifically the Jimmy Styks i32.
- Comfortable anti-slip deck pad
- 4 D-rings near the nose attached with a bungee cord
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 central removable fin
- 1 comfortable center carry handle for easy transport
- Easy inflation/deflation
- Package includes :
- JS Adjustable Travel Paddle
- Stabilizer Fin
- 10′ Coil Leash
- High Pressure Pump w/Gauge
- Repair Kit w/Valve Handle
|Dimensions||10’6″x 30″ x 5’9″|
|Material||Military-grade PVC & Drop-stitch material|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||12 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large detachable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Jimmy Styks i32 is a prime inflatable paddle boards that measures 10.6 feet in length which is rather impressive. A board this long is not really over the top. In fact, this board is designed to fit young adults and adults of an average size which explains why other boards tend to be longer. Moreover, the length of the board isn’t simple there to astonish you but also to help the board gain steady momentum.
Width is often looked at with condescendence as if it has no influence on the paddling experience. However, it is actually of paramount importance to many aspects of the paddle board. The Jimmy Styks i32 measures 30 inches in width which is very appropriate relative to its length but also very beneficial. 30 inches means that this is a board that would easily fend off side forces hence making the board more stable. Also, the wide platform will enable to move around freely on top of the board without risking falling in the water so easily.
Thickness is the dimension to worry about and especially when it comes to inflatable paddle boards. Most boards that are under 4 inches thick risk getting submerged at the center under a lot of weight which is why Jimmy Styks went with a 5.9 inches thick board in order to eliminate all doubt. Also, the thickness of this board will keep you high above water level, making the board a great diving pad.
In terms of quality, there are usually two main aspects which are supposed to be your target of scrutiny and these are: quality of build and quality of base material. When it comes to base materials, there is nothing that compares to a military grade PVC core which is exactly what this board is made of. This is the sort of material out of which bullet proof vests are made and there’s no question that they can take one hell of a beating. As for quality of build, the Jimmy Styks went for a standard industrial drop stitch construction instead of cheap glue that would break loose at any second.
In simple words, the Jimmy Styks i32 is built to last and that is more than you can say about most inflatable boards in the industry. Quality is key here and this Jimmy Styks i32 is designed to endure the roughest environments while maintaining minimal damage.
The body of the board gives away just how much effort and dedication were invested into the making of this board. Not many inflatable paddle boards at this price range satisfy the idea because you’ll often find some flaw or blemish that’ll make you roll your eyes around but when looking at the i32, you can literally see the dedication behind this board and that is something to prize. So, let’s take a look at some of the most prominent features of the board at hand.
- The i32 features a uniquely designed gripping pad which cleverly covers the most used areas on a board, making this board one of a kind. The premium pad is going to make controlling this board feel as smooth as possible while your feet are fixed firmly on the pad. This feature will also enable you to adjust yourself continuously and comfortably on the platform to respond to your environment better. Last but definitely not least, a gripping pad will prove significantly handy once you’ll try to get back on top of your board from the water.
- The second most attractive feature on the Jimmy Styks i32 has got to be the 4 D-rings attached with a bungee cord which makes a nifty cargo net. This placement is going to make it significantly easier for you to transport / store anything from your fishing gear to your paddle, granting you the luxury of sailing and cruising hands free whenever needed.
- The board is also hooked with one extra D-ring on the tail of the board which is meant to attach a safety leash or tie up the board to docks.
- This Jimmy Styks i32 also features a rather controversial navigation system, consisting of 1 large central fin. This right here has been the topic of discussion times and times again in the industry where some argue that tri fin systems are better while others dismiss those claims as aesthetic only. Either way, the board’s navigation system is really effective and will make controlling this board as simple of a task as riding a bike.
Packaging is often that one element which either makes or breaks a deal because it can truly make the difference between a fun experience and a torturous headache. Fortunately, the Jimmy Styks i32 comes with a complete packaging, including all you’ll need to maintain this board:
- The package includes a back pack carry bag which is about the most important part of a package because it’s going to make transportation and storage a piece of cake.
- The board also comes with a decent Jimmy Styks adjustable travel paddle. It’s not the best paddle out there, but it gets job done. You’ll need to upgrade to a floatable and more lighter one down the road.
- The central removable stabilizer fin is also part of the package. The fact that it’s detachable makes it that much more efficient as it’s advisable to remove it in shallow water to preserve it better.
- The package also includes a high pressure hand pump which is an essential tool in the paddler’s inventory. The pumping usually takes something around 10 minutes so be patient.
Performance wise, the Jimmy Styks i32 is about as good as the best recreational paddle board can get. It is a solid performer whose body is designed flawlessly to cut through water and angles so pointy, producing minimal water and air resistance. All in all, the Jimmy Styks i32 is a decent budget-friendly recreational inflatable paddle board that’s perfectly optimized to cater for the needs of beginners and intermediate paddlers.
- SPECS: 6' Long 20" Wide 3.2" Thick |Incredibly Light, Strong and Rigid
- SHORT BOARD: Short Board Surf Board | Quick and Agile
- INCLUDES ACCESSORY BUNDLE: 10' Coil Leash, Dual Action High-Pressure Pump, Repair Kit and Easy Carry Roll Top Board Bag
- The Jimmy Styks i32 is a great cheap recreational paddle board that’s best suited for beginners.
- It’s very well-engineered and performs quite well despite its relatively cheap price tag.
- The basic design and features of the i32 are one more reason to seriously consider getting.
- It inflates and deflates very fast and folds back up perfectly and goes back into its carry bag.
- The paddle that comes with the Jimmy Styks i32 doesn’t float.
- The fact that this comes with a hand pump is rather challenging. So, my advice to you is to get yourself a nice electric pump and save yourself the trouble.
Jimmy Styks i32 – More images
Last update on 2021-07-28 at 15:53 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API