One way or the other, when looking for a paddle board, we always wind up looking at inflatables and that is not as bad as you might think it is.
Indeed, inflatable paddle boards had a shaky reputation for quite a while to the emphasis on failing cheap brands but that is simply unjust towards the brands that are literally hustling out there to make great inflatable boards.
Outdoor Tuff is one of the leading manufacturers in the domain and now it is taking the lead because it has assumed a solid reputation throughout its previously launched boards. Today, they are here to offer you a new gift that carries the name of the brand.
- Non-slip EVA pad for comfort and balance
- 4 stainless Steel D-Rings attached with an elastic bungee cord
- 4 stainless steel D-rings on the sides
- 1 extra stainless steel D-Ring on tail
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Tri-fin system
- Package Includes
- Adjustable aluminum paddle - it adjusts from 61.5-inches to 80-inches
- Ankle leash
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||8' x 25" x 4"|
|Material||Highly durable drop-stitch PVC fabric construction|
|Weight limit||100 - 150lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin System : 2 small fins + 1 center detachable fin|
The Outdoor Tuff OTF-8254SUP is a game changer because it takes everything you need and sums it up within 8 feet in length. This right here is the younger sibling of the 9 feet model but it is in no way less potent than its older brother.
At 8 feet in length, this paddle board is made specifically to cater for the needs and requirements of teenagers and young adults whereas the previous model fit adults best. The board’s length also impacts tracking, reducing movement during launch.
When it comes to width, this Outdoor Tuff doesn’t actually stand far away from its predecessor, measuring 25 inches which relatively coherent with the length of the board. 25 inches may not sound like much but do believe me when I tell you that you’ll change your mind once you get a hand on this board. Matter of fact, the width of the board will also significantly enhance stability thus making it easier for you to balance yourself as you go.
As far as thickness goes, it doesn’t come as a surprise that both boards stand at a solid 4 inches because it works. 4 inches means that the board is far less likely to bend at the center under a lot of weight unlike boards that measure anywhere under that barrier. A thick board is not only supposed to maintain form but also to keep you high and dry in a positive sense so as to allow you to enjoy your experience to the fullest even when you don’t feel like getting wet.
Quality is something that has always been a denoting factor of an Outdoor Tuff and it’s not about to stop either. This board right here is a hulk and that’s basically thanks to the fact that it is strictly based off military grade PVC material which also happens to be the material some bullet proof vests are made of. Not only is the board robust but so is the build which is an industrial drop stitch construction, making this board virtually indestructible.
Indeed, the Outdoor Tuff OTF-8254SUP is a board that is built to conquer any terrain or environment it is introduced to and that statement barely has any red lines. So, do not worry about whether or not this board is robust enough for the mission and just go for it instead.
The most insignificant details can tell you a lot about this board and often times than not, it all boils down to dedication. The makers of the Outdoor Tuff OTF-8254SUP are truly dedicated and that shows however you look at the board but most significantly when you inspect the main features of the board.
- The board at hand features a splendid Eva gripping pad which is one of the finest quality pads in the industry. Only quality brands opt for this kind of pads because it’s both comfortable and efficient. The pad will not only make it extremely easier for you to hold a grip on the board, it will also improve your navigation and enable you to adjust yourself comfortably on the board as you go.
- There’s no way you would miss the 4 D-rings + bungee cord placement on the nose of the board but I bet you’d only learn to appreciate it once you actually get the board. This placement actually makes a very useful cargo net which is meant to help you transport and store anything you don’t want to leave at shore. This is also very practical for those of you who paddle alone because this feature will enable you to pack all your equipment and take them along with you.
- The board also features 4 extra D-rings on the sides of the board at the waist which can serve various purposes. These D-rings can be used to attach a shoulder strap to help you carry the board at ease outside the water.
- The navigation system on the Outdoor Tuff is pretty “Tough” to say the least, featuring a triple fin base which has proven to be extremely efficient on all water boards so far.
Packaging is often a big deal for these inflatable paddle boards and for a lot of good reasons too. The package within which an inflatable paddle board comes can really have a huge impact on your experience as a whole which is why Outdoor Tuff made it their mission to provide you with everything you’ll need to maintain this board for a long time.
- The Outdoor Tuff SUP OTF-8254SUP comes with an adjustable light weight aluminium paddle which is great because it can be adjusted according to your height and the depth of the water.
- The package also contains a central removable fin.
- The OTF-8254SUP is also supplied with back pack carry bag which will make transporting and storing this board a piece of cake once deflated.
- The board also comes with a high pressure hand pump. It is essential to make sure that you pump up the board up to the appropriate degree. (15 PSI)
- Last but not least, the Outdoor Tuff also includes an ankle leash to keep your board nearby in the event of a spill.
Performance is a key spec of the Outdoor Tuff SUP OTF-8254SUP because it is considered to be one of the best budget-friendly, yet top performing recreational paddle boards in the industrial and that is not an easy to beat title. This might be a recreational board but it’s about to put one hell of a competition for anyone who dares challenge it. So, rest assured that the smooth curves, lifted nose and tri fin navigation system won’t fail you.
Outdoor Tuff OTF-8254SUP – More Images