The Red Paddle Co is one of the brands that are made to change what you think you know about inflatable stand up paddle boards; the variety of boards they make is meant to meet the largest customers’ platform with different needs and orientations.
The Red Paddle Co puts in our hands a chance to experience stand up paddle boarding as a friendly water sport that can afford all the great qualities of mainstream sports, fitness and fun with authentic, yet, innovative designs.
On this review, you are going to indulge deep enough to find everything you need to know about the Activ 10.8 which is one of the most popular yoga iSUPs, and I have no doubt that you are going to dig it.
- Large EVA anti-slip deck pad
- Multiple carrying handles
- Tri-fin System
- 2 stainless steel D-rings
- 1 Stainless steel D-rings beneath the nose for towing the board
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- Packages includes:
- Red Paddle Co Backpack
- Dual cylinder Titan pump
- Repair Kit
- Free water resistant phone case
|10’8″ x 34″ x 5.9″
|MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
|Number of D-rings
|2 Stainless D-Rings
|15 – 20 PSI
The Activ is primarily designed for yoga lovers and I can tell you that going for it would be one of the best choices that you could ever make. This board is 10.8 feet long; it’s not small at all, yet, it’s not too big for yoga either, on contrary, the Activ is built to be the nearest to perfection any yoga inflatable paddle board could get.
With its all-round design and 34 inches width, the Activ provides the largest platform you could find on the market; you can practice any yoga routine without worrying for a second that you might fall off or hit the water. Such dimensions don’t only allow you to be completely free and comfortable while on board but they also improve the board’s balance, stability and performance.
Further, the Activ is 5.9 inches thick which is; again, the best any other quality inflatable paddle board could cover. Getting here, I bet you know that the thicker the board is the better stability you’ll get; thus, I don’t think you’d face a balance problem with the Activ.
It’s here where we get down to business; the Red Paddle Co bets on the quality of their inflatable SUP boards more than anything else; you’ll be surprised that the Red Paddle Co’s boards can be ran over by a huge SUV and that will leave no scratch on them. This company uses innovative materials to build their paddle boards because they know that an inflatable board will always be a challenge for customers.
The Activ is made of quality drop-stitch material that is fused with a second layer of hard-wearing polymer to make a strong and durable core. Moreover, the high-tech industrial process that is used to fuse the materials together at a stage where they are still raw saves over 4 lbs of weight compared to other iSUPs, as it also makes the board stiffer than any other inflatable paddle board being able to take up to 25 psi.
Every inflatable stand up paddle board is featured with a number of specifications that are made to bring the best of it. The Red Paddle Co Activ main purpose is to allow you spend your greatest time playing yoga safely and professionally; that’s why you’ll find:
- An EVA deck that covers the whole back of the board and which is meant to be a full yoga pad because it’s just what you deserve. With this very large pad the whole board is yours to pull any move or routine. It also comes in a simple design that works for both female and male rides. This pad is so soft you won’t get tired of spending long periods of time in the water. It’s also very functional you’ll never have a foot or hand slipping off it. Not only that; this EVA pad stiffens the board thanks to its thick structure which results in a stronger paddle board.
- The Activ is also featured with 4 carry handles; 2 of which are on the sides while the other 2 are on the board’s nose and tail. These carry handles are perfect to carry the inflated board around; they are rigid and extremely comfortable to use thanks to the rubbery material with which they are made.
- A special screw thread is added to all of the Red Paddle Co’s paddle boards; it’s compatible with RAM MOUNTS products, the world leading accessory bracket manufacturer, and it’ll enable you to securely attach a range of accessories, from GPS devices and cameras to fishing rods and cup holders.
- The navigation system on this board is a really good one and it consists of 3 tracking iFins for the best mix of directional stability and control. These iFins are fixed to the board and they are not too big to stop in the way of easy packing.
- You’ll also find one single D-ring on the tail of the board and it’s meant to attach the featured safety leash. An extra D-ring is to placed beneath the nose of the board and it’s meant for towing the board.
- Getting here, I must mention that some other yoga iSUPs come with a complete bungee system which comes really handy sometimes, however, I think yoga needs space and comfort that’s why we don’t find any D-rings on the Activ’s back. The only D-ring this board is equipped with is located beneath the nose and it’s meant to be use for towing the board.
I’m not going to lie; checking the included items on this package before trying it got me so excited. Even though it’s missing a paddle; I still think that It’s one of the best packages an iSUP company could offer. You’ll find included a:
- A titan pump which is recognized to be the world’s best pump for its Dual Cylinder system and the Hi Flo handle which once combined together they’ll enable you to pump your board faster and reduce the effort needed to reach a high pressure.
- A Vamo 10′ Black Coiled leash which I’m sure you’ll enjoy wearing. You’ll actually forget that you’re wearing it.
- A waterproof phone case which comes really handy because let’s be honest; nobody goes anywhere without his mobile anymore.
- A repair kit is also included in case you ever needed it which I don’t think is likely to happen.
- Last but not least, the amazing Red Paddle Co backpack which is widely known for its quality and durability. This backpack is so strong you want to use it for more than just packing your inflatable paddle board; it has integrated wheels for extreme transportability. Also, the hidden back pack system can be stowed when not in use and is super comfy when you need to put the board on your back. The front loading system makes packing and unpacking super simple while the internal straps make sure the board stays put while in transit. This bag is the ultimate solution for travel and storage.
The Activ is an all-round iSUP board that is not made to target speed; rather, the fact that it is a yoga board makes it really clear that its performance will tackle stability and balance. Having tried it; the Activ was honestly a blast; it glides very smoothly and gracefully on flat water as it is mega stable I could recommend it to anyone without a second thought.
- The Red Paddle Co Activ is an extremely stable yoga paddle board.
- It features a large and soft EVA deck pad which works like a yoga pad – it covers the whole board.
- The Activ is a very well-engineered inflatable paddle board; it can be ran over by a huge SUV without leaving a scratch on it.
- It’s designed for yoga, pilates and fitness fans.
- It comes with a great carry backpack bag and an awesome hand pump
- The red paddle co Activ costs an arm and a leg.
- It doesn’t come with a paddle which could have been the cherry on the top especially considering its price tag.
- Some of you might think it’s a con that the board doesn’t have a bungee system.