You can’t really say this about any paddle board out there but then again this isn’t exactly a paddle board. The Red Paddle Co Ride is the love child of ingenious practicality and solid design skills; it is also one of Red Paddle Co’s most valuable contributions to a rapidly growing industry.
Perhaps you have guessed it already and perhaps you haven’t. The Red Paddle Co Ride is an inflatable paddle board –let me rephrase that – it is a top quality inflatable paddle board. What that means is that this board embodies all of the special and characterizing features of a solid authentic board + the benefit of being inflatable.
In case you’re wondering what that means then just try to imagine a gigantic board that turns into a small piece of extremely durable rubber which can fit within a back pack. That is somehow magic.
- Large EVA anti-slip deck pad
- Multiple carrying handles on front and tail
- Tri-fin System
- 5 stainless steel D-rings
- 4 Stainless steel D-rings on the nose attached with a bungee cord
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- Packages includes:
- Red Paddle Co Backpack
- Titan Pump
- Repair Kit
|Dimensions||10'6" x 32" x 4.7"|
|Material||MSL fusion composite and airtight coating|
|Weight limit||220 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Tri-fin System : 2 small fins + 1 center detachable fin|
The Red Paddle Co Ride is a huge board and when I say huge I really mean it. To put you in perspective, this board measures 10 feet 6 inches in length which is equivalent to two adults stacked up one on top of the other. The Ride however isn’t pointlessly long as some of you might think; in fact, the length of the board will significantly affect stability at launch and building momentum from scratch. Also, the length of the board is determined by the target user which in this case happens to be young adults and adults. Hence, if you’re younger / smaller then you might want to consider smaller boards.
Width is a crucial element to stability which is why the makers of the Ride decided to make it 32 inches wide instead of going under 30 like most manufacturers do to minimize their build expenses. A board that is 32 inches is not only noticeably stable but it’s also extremely efficient at fending off side winds and strong currents. Also, the width of the board will enable you to move around on top of the board at ease without risking falling in.
As far as thickness is concerned, the Red Paddle Co Ride goes for the fair 4.7 inches which is not bad but also not impressive. Fact is, inflatable boards that measure 4 inches or under in length are more perceptible to getting submerged at the center under excessive weight. The Red Paddle Co Ride Paddle board might have just escaped the danger zone by a few but it’s thick enough to get the job done.
Quality is a big element for the Red Paddle Co and that applies to all of its products. This is a company that has built most of its fame around the quality of their products and especially inflatable paddle boards. The Ride happens to be a reliable descendant, thus preserving the brand’s legacy a little further.
The board is strictly made of military grade PVC material which is the same material zodiacs are made from. As if that’s not impressive enough, Red Paddle Co thought it’d be a great idea to enhance the quality of build alongside the quality of material. In that concern, the makers of the board decided on a drop stitch construction build instead of the standard glue which is prone to break at any moment.
The Red Paddle Co Ride is an exemplary inflatable paddle board and you can see that even in the board’s smallest features. However, today, we’re taking a look at the most prominent features of this Red Paddle and it all begins at the:
- The ultra efficient gripping pad which extends to cover most of the board’s platform must be the best feature about this paddle board. The premium pad is designed dynamically to support the most frequent go positions on the board which not only enhances your grip over the board but also improves your balance. The pad will also make it extremely simple to adjust yourself continuously on top of the board as you go without risking falling into the water. Moreover, the pad will also prove very efficient once you’ll need to get back on the board from the water.
- The D-rings + bungee cord placement on the nose of the board is also one of the Ride’s most useful features. This placement is a great cargo net that functions for both storage and transportation of anything from your sunglasses and camera to your paddle and fishing gear while enabling you to enjoy a hands free experience at all times.
- The navigation system on the Red Paddle Co Ride is also worthy of a strong mention as it is an ingenious tri-fin system. Where most inflatable paddle boards still rock the mono fin navigation system, the Red Paddle Co took the big wave and hooked this board with 3 fins. Hence, 1 small fin on each side is meant to enhance straight tracking whereas the central larger fin is there to enhance control and agility.
Packaging is often portrayed as a deal maker or breaker and yes that is not an exaggeration. A paddle board’s package can easily make a difference between a joyous experience and a huge pain in the back. Hence why, Red Paddle Co thought it would only be fair to send off a great board with a great package. Accordingly:
- The Red Paddle Co Ride comes with a high pressure extra quick hand pump which is a crucial tool in the paddler’s inventory. This high efficiency pump will help you inflate your board in less than 8 minutes which is a lot faster than most pumps can do.
- The package also includes a premium back pack carry bag which can fit the board + most of the equipment that come with it. Thus, all you need to do is to deflate your board, roll it up and stack it inside your roomy back pack. The back pack won’t only make it easier to transport the board but also to store it at ease.
- Last but not least, the board also comes with a generic repair kit which I doubt you’ll ever need, taking into consideration that this is a robust board.
In terms of performance, the Red Paddle Co Ride is a solid performer and as far as you’re concerned, this board right here is all you need. Before we proceed, keep in mind that this right here is primarily a recreational board which is designed to suit the needs and requirements of beginning and intermediate paddlers. This is not to say that the board performs weakly but it means that navigation received more focus than speed.
- The Red Paddle Co Ride is a well-engineered recreational paddle board.
- It’s quite stable and it tracks very nicely.
- It’s incredibly rock solid and can take a beating.
- The Red Paddle Co Ride inflatable paddle board features a hefty price tag compared to similar iSUPs in the market.
- The package could’ve included a paddle which would’ve been the cherry on top of the cake especially considering its price tag.
Red Paddle Co RIDE – More Images