A good inflatable standup paddle board is one thing that is definitely going to make your vacation a better one; it’s extremely transportable, practical and is great for a large variety of activities. So, don’t worry; you’ll easily find the one SUP board which will better suit your needs and meet your expectations, because nowadays, inflatable SUP board manufacturers are fusing technology and years of experience to make these outstanding boards.
You’ll be glad to know that this review is about one of the Saturn’s inflatable stand up paddle board; they’ve been in business for a very long time and have mastered the art of providing quality products including inflatable boats, kayaks, SUP boards …. for a reasonable price.
What we have here is the Saturn MotoSUP which is 11 feet tall, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick. You can tell by the name that this SUP is made to be motorized; yes, with this board you’ll get to lay back, relax and let the electric motor do the job. Paddling is a great exercise but I know that sometimes we get through some days where we really just want to chill and enjoy the water, and for that you’ll find a wooden transom on the back that will support the electric motor. However, and just to make it clear; an electric motor is not featured with the SUP. That being said, you can easily order one along with the SUP.
- Great for enjoying adventure on a water in a windy day.
- Can used as stand up paddle boards or inflatable sit-on-top kayak.
- Set of D-rings along board side for kayak seat attachment.
- Raised rocker tip prevents curling and helps improve performance.
- The board is constructed of 140mm (6″) heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric.
- Folding wood transom for electric motors up to 55lbs.
- New lightweight drop-stitch fabric allows inflation up to 15 psi of air pressure.
- 0.9mm PVC fabric on sides to prevent punctures, double-thick PVC on top/bottom.
- Included: SUP paddle board with transom, carry bag and repair kit.
- Not included: Electric motor, battery, paddles, seats and foot switch.
|Dimensions||11′ long x 30″ wide x 6″ thick|
|Material||140mm (6″) heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric.|
|Number of D-rings||13 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||10 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large detachable fin|
The Saturn MotoSUP’s sides are made of 0.9 mm PVC fabric to prevent punctures and as a whole a double-thick PVC layer covers both the top and bottom of the board making it hard and stiff when fully inflated. Speaking of which, this board can be inflated up 15 PSI.
This board is featured with 13 stainless steel D-rings, 4 of which are on the board’s front and are connected with a bungee cord that’ll allow you to secure any item you need to the board. Another 4 are on the sides and they’re meant to attach a kayak seat to them. Now, you’ll need a battery for the electric motor, and for that you’ll find another 2 D-rings right at the end of the EVA deck pad. The electric motor as well needs to be secured to the 2 D-rings at the end of the board which makes 12 so far. The last one is on the boards head for safety leash attachment or for towing the board; it’s a complete D-rings system.
All good so far, actually; pretty great so far because the Saturn MotoSUP is made to deliver a strong performance which will maintain its point of strength for a long time. The raised rocker tip will prevent curling and will help improve the board’s performance as a whole. Also, this SUP is easy to paddle, and great for wave riding if you’re an advanced standup paddler.
To be fair, I have to mention that there might be a downside for this inflatable SUP board which, personally, is no big deal, yet, some of you would have life to have a paddle included so you don’t have to separately look for one. However, you can always order one according to your preference. Apart from that, this board comes with a high-pressure hand pump and a repair kit in case you ever need it.
You can absolutely use the Saturn MotoSUP like any other regular SUP without the electric motor; it’s fast, rigid and stable. Yet, it doesn’t seem like a bad idea at all to add some luxury to your paddling journey. And don’t worry, you’ll find a long list of electric motors, batteries, kayaks and paddles to choose from.
Finally, the Saturn MotoSUP comes with one central detachable fin which will make packing it an easy thing. Once the fin is detached, make sure that you start rolling up the deflated board from the end where the wooden transom is; that way, it’ll be protected and the board will easily fit in the featured backpack.
The Saturn MotoSUP is an advanced SUP that will provide you with plenty of options and possibilities; you’ve got to try it to know what I’m talking about.
- The Saturn MotoSUP is a 11 feet tall SUP which is designed to take an electric motor on board and give longer comfortable tours.
- It comes with 13 D-rings to secure everything essential to the board.
- It has 2 carry strong handles at the end of the board.
- This is a great, budget friendly stand up paddle board designed to be motorized, however, it’s missing a few essential items such as : Electric motor, battery, paddles, kayak seat.