When it comes to inflatable kayaks, nothing says splendid like a Sea Eagle. This brand is easily a leading manufacturer in the industry of inflatable sport items generally and lately an even more competitive brand in the inflatable kayak industry.
For over a decade now, Sea Eagle has been building a steady yet solid reputation in an industry known for trust issues. Justifiably, people find it difficult to trust an inflatable of any sort due to the overall lack of consistency and quality in this domain. However, Sea Eagle took the risk on its behalf in hope to gain the trust and satisfaction of costumers interested in inflatable kayaks.
But enough about that and let’s take a more concrete example and what could be better than Sea Eagle’s latest addition to a long prosperous line of quality inflatable kayaks. The Sea Eagle 420x is a beast that is built to last and that’s not just a catch phrase; this thing is exemplary.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- NMMA Certified
- 16 High Capacity Self-bailing Drain Valves
- Large, Removable, Swept Back Skeg for Flatwater Touring
- Front & Rear Spray Skirts with Carry Handles and Bungee Cords
- Separate Drop Stitch floor for rigidity
- 26 D-rings to secure seats and gear
- One-Way Air Valves
- Sea Eagle motormount receivers for optional motormount
|Exterior||427 cm x 99 cm|
|Hull Weight||19 kg|
|Load Capacity||2-3 Adults or 388 kg|
|Engine Capacity||34 lbs. thrust electric (max engine weight 15 lbs)|
|Interior||406 cm x 38 cm|
|Deflated||79cm x 53cm x 25cm|
|Chambers||3 (port, starboard & floor)|
|Material||1100 Decitex Reinforced|
|Seam||Electronically Welded, Quadruple Overlapped Seams|
|Floor||Separate High Pressure Drop Stitch Floor|
|Air Valves||3 Recessed One Way|
|Inflation time||9 min.|
|Whitewater Rating||Suitable up to Class IV|
|Inflation Pressure||3.2 psi floor & sides|
When it comes to quality, I believe that only a few inflatable kayaks can ever compare to the 420x.
Whenever you fix on a purchase, make sure to check for two aspects before anything else and those are ‘quality of materials’ and ‘quality of build’. Luckily, nothing says rigid like the solid 1000 denier PVC core of this badass. As if that’s not enough in itself, Sea Eagle thought it’d be a great idea to build this boat using electronically wielded quadruple overlapped seams.
In simple English, this inflatable kayak right here is virtually indestructible. So, forget about babysitting your kayak because this one right here can take one hell of a beating.
Moreover, quality can show on various levels and in different ways. A solid way to tell if an inflatable kayak is dependable or not is by testing how flexible it can be beyond its rigidity. This right here is something that sets the 420x apart from most inflatable kayaks out there as it is not only tough but also very agile.
Another aspect that denotes quality is the weight limit on an inflatable kayak. Fortunately, the Sea Eagle 420x is not about to let you down as it has a weight capacity that can reach up to 855 pounds and that can accommodate for 2 to 3 passengers easily.
Even the tiniest of features can say a lot about the making of this boat and that is significant for many reasons.
First of which, the features of the 420x give away how much dedication and appreciation has been invested into this kayak and that can be mostly seen in the cockpit.
I’m not saying that the mid section of the kayak got all of the designer’s attention but it definitely seized most of it. Not only is this cockpit extremely comfortable but it’s also very adjustable. Another advantage of this zone is how easy it is made to access and exit when needed so as to make it less troublesome for beginners especially.
Moreover, the leg room on the 420x is just phenomenal. Most kayaks out there will try to give you a multi passenger vessel but often times than not they end up cramming everything together to accommodate for passengers. However, the Sea Eagle 420x is perfectly designed to make this experience equally comfortable for both passengers.
The seats are also a great feature on this kayak as they are very much to the point. Both the front and back seat are nicely designed for maximal comfort, not to mention that they are both broadly adjustable and also removable.
Still on the surface, the 420x features two smart spray skirts on the front and back installed to help you keep you cargo safe and dry. This feature will come in extremely handy when you need to keep those snacks intact because that’s the most important thing there is.
Further, this kayak is equipped with a number of stainless steel D-rings spread on both sides and serve many purposes. The D-rings are not only there to help you fix your seat but they can also be used to hook other attachments to your kayak while the front and back carry handles can be used to transport, secure and even tow the kayak.
Alright, let’s address the elephant in the room. This kayak is huge and surprisingly that helps it perform even better.
The Sea Eagle 420x measures 14 foot in length across 39 inches in width, making this kayak a record breaker. However, it can still fit inside a back pack.
When it comes to performance, I won’t try to sugar coat it and tell you that this boat is going to exceed all of its components because at the end of the day, this is a recreational kayak and it’s not meant to perform on a competitive level.
That being said, the 420x is definitely going to exceed your expectations as a beginner or even intermediate kayaker. The flat bottom hull may be less pragmatic for competitive kayakers but it’ll make this experience a lot more enjoyable for people with little to no experience.
Flat bottom hulls are thus very common amongst recreational kayaks because they tend to make navigation a lot simpler but that might fringe a little bit on straight tracking. A flat bottom may make it a lot simpler to manipulate the kayak but it also makes it a little bit less likely to track in a straight line in strong currents.
All in all, the 420x is definitely a strong performer that will give you quite the experience.
If you think that this kayak is quite interesting already then wait till you see the various packaging options it comes in.
- Pro Package : First package is the pro package and this one is special because it contains two neat seats, a carry bag, two stow bags, a powerful foot pump, a rear removable skeg and a repair kit.
- Deluxe Package : Then there’s the deluxe package and it includes two deluxe inflatable seats, a carry bag, a powerful foot pump, a removable rear skeg and a repair kit.
- Carbon Package : Also, this kayak comes in a carbon package which features two neat seats, bow and stern storage bags, and two carbon fibre paddles.
- Quicksail package : Further, there’s the Quicksail package which contains a carry bag, two neat seats, two stow bags, two carbon paddles, a powerful foot pump, a rear skeg and a repair kit.
- Quikrow package : If none of these is to your liking then maybe you’ll appreciate the Quikrow package as it includes two carbon paddles, two deluxe inflatable seats, two Scotty rod holders, a carry bag, a powerful foot pump, a rear skeg and a repair kit.
- The Sea Eagle 420x is a very well made inflatable kayak. As we mentioned earlier, we’ve been really impressed with the build quality and material excellence in this kayak.
- The basic features are everything you’ll need to enjoy your experience.
- The fact that you can have company on this kayak makes the whole thing a lot more enjoyable.
- Our main concern about this inflatable kayak is its hefty price tag.
- Additionally, the idea of manually pumping this whole kayak can be a little daunting. Therefore, my advice to you is to get yourself a little electric pump and save yourself the trouble.
Sea Eagle 420x Kayak – More Images