There is quite a variety of inflatable paddle boards on the market now and that is something which is both an advantage and a disadvantage for us, the consumers.
The first barrier we have to cross is the choice between hard and inflatable paddle boards which is tough as it is. However, even after we get through that obstacle, we are faced with an endless variety of products which might and might not be our dream board.
So, what is it which makes the Slingshot Sports CrossBreed a safe choice and what is it that it can offer you which other inflatable paddle boards can’t?
These are a couple of the questions we are going to answer through this review. So, sit back and make up your checklist because there are quite a few things that you should know about this product.
No products found.
No products found.
- Comfy non-slip EVA diamond groove deck traction pad
- 10 stainless steel D-rings
- 2 tie down systems
- 1 extra D-ring at the tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 central detachable fin
- 1 easy-carry handle at the center
- Package includes :
- High pressure hand pump with gauge
- New keyless FCSII fin
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||11′ x 34″ x 6″|
|Material||Air-Tech triple-layer construction with V-Drop Stitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||10 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 -18 PSI|
|Fins||1 center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
In terms of measurements, length comes as a priority because it is known to determine the category of users and some of the board’s abilities. Starting at 11 feet in length, you can argue that this is a gigantic inflatable paddle board, even bigger than you would imagine. Indeed, 11 feet is the equivalent of 2 adults stacked one on top of the other, a resemblance which can give you a hint on how long this board really is.
That being said, this board is obviously designed to cater for young adult and adult paddlers only. Hence, if you happen to fall within a different category then you might want to consider a different board.
Prior to length, width is actually an equally impactful dimension. The board at hand measures around 32 inches in width which is solid, taking into consideration the length.
In fact, at this width, the board is capable of performing at a higher level which will both ensure continuous stability of the platform and an easier balance for the paddler. So, unless you really enjoy falling into the water whenever you make a move on top of the board then you would really enjoy the stability that the Slingshot Sports Crossbreed can provide.
Further, thickness is the next dimension on the checklist and it is often underrated. The thickness of an inflatable paddle board is different to a solid board. Obviously, bending a hard board is not a primary concern but when it comes to inflatable paddle boards around 4 inches in thickness or less, that is a standing possibility. Hence, the creators of the Crossbreed thought it’s only logical to aim 6 inches thick board, making this product as reliable as a hard board.
Beyond measurements, you might want to know a little more about the quality of this product. Indeed, quality is definitely a deal maker / breaker when it comes to most products and inflatable paddle boards are no exception. Hence, let us reassure you that the CrossBreed isn’t about to fall back on its legacy.
The board at hand is made of a triple layered military grade air-tech PVC material which is then reinforced via an industrial drop stitch construction, making this CrossBreed virtually unbreakable.
In simple terms, this is the kind of boards which is capable of enduring rocks, pebbles and about any rough environment you can imagine. All in all, the Slingshot Sports Crossbreed is built to last.
There is a tradition that amounts a whole lot of credit to the features of an inflatable paddle board because that’s what makes it different from the rigid counterpart. Accordingly, the CrossBreed is about to put up one hell of an exhibition because this is the kind of boards which comes with everything you’ll need as a paddler.
- One of the main features of any inflatable stand up paddle board has got to be the gripping pad which explains why the CrossBreed decided to go with a fully extended Eva pad, covering about 80% of the board’s surface. This is good news because it will enable you to move around freely and adjust yourself comfortably on top of the board without risking falling in or capsizing the board. Also, the gripping pad is going to make it ultimately easier for you to control the board and navigate it on steady and strong current.
- From the gripping pad, we jump right to the D-ring nets. Yes, nets (plural) because this is one of the few inflatable paddle boards out there which comes with 2 cargo nets which can be used for multiple situations. For example, the cargo nets will make it easier for you to transport anything from your fishing gear to your sandals and even safely store your paddle for when you’d like jump into the water.
- Then there is the navigation system which, unlike the mainstream design, is a single fin system. This might go against the belief of a lot of paddlers but single fin systems are not really inferior to triple fin systems. It is true that triple fins can slightly improve straight tracking but other than that, they are pretty much similar in effect.
[alert-note]Note: the CrossBreed comes in 4 different colours (Red, Yellow, Green, Blue) to ensure that you get the exact board you need.[/alert-note]
No products found.
When it comes to packaging, the Slingshot Sports Crossbreed is no exception to inflatable SUPs as it is still defined by the inside of the package in which it comes.
In other words, the packaging deal on this board will help you make up your mind either way. Hence, the package includes:
- 1 High pressure hand pump (pump board to 15-18 PSI for maximum efficiency).
- 1 back pack carry bag for easier transportation and storage
- 1 repair kit
Performance wise, the Slingshot Sports Crossbreed is guaranteed to appeal to a wide range of users from beginners to professionals as it is designed to perfection. Indeed, the overall shape of the board, the pointy nose and the slim sides qualify it to stand head to head with most competitive paddle boards out there. This can’t be said about most inflatable paddle boards out there as they are mostly developed for beginners and that’s just one thing which places the Crossbreed way ahead.
- The Slingshot Sports Crossbreed is a very well-engineered inflatable paddle board.
- It comes in 4 different colours.
- It performs very well on various water conditions.
- The Slingshot Sports CrossBreed is a bit pricey.
- It doesn’t come with a paddle.
Last update on 2021-10-19 at 19:44 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API