There is nothing like a warm spring afternoon, an open lake and a steady paced paddle board to get in touch with life once again. For years, paddle boarding has been seen as an open sport which can be interpreted in various ways depending on the needs of the paddlers. Some are in it for the edginess, the competition and the thrill whereas others are more into the soothing, peaceful attributes of a paddle board.
The way I see it is that a paddle board will open up both doors for you. So, why stick to one area when you can explore it all. But wait, first you need a paddle board and your options are quite limitless, which is not always a good thing. So, let’s limit them to the Solstice Tonga for today and see what this board has to offer.
No products found.
No products found.
- Large anti-slip deck pad
- Integrated bungee systems and multiple D-rings for storage and attachments
- 1 central removable fin
- 1 comfortable center carry handle for easy transport
- Multiple stainless Steel Tie-Down Points.
- Easy inflation/deflation, Halkey Robert valve
- Package includes :
- Carry bag
- High pressure pump and gauge
- Removable Center Fin
|Dimensions||10’8″x 32″ x 6″|
|Material||Reinforced Drop Stitch 1000-Denier 3-Ply PVC|
|Number of D-rings||5 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||12 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large detachable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The Tonga is a giant paddle board, not as large as the Solstice Bora Bora but still very impressive. The Tonga is exactly 10-Feet 8-Inch long which is about two people stacked one on top of the other but don’t worry, it’s a lot easier to handle than you think. Once on water, this 10-Feet 8-Inch long monster becomes as light as a feather, granting you a smoother ride and continuously accumulating speed. Also, its length is usually perfect for adults, young adults and sometimes even teenagers. However, if you happen to be smaller than that then you should probably invest in a smaller board.
In terms of width, the Solstice Tonga measures an astounding 32 inches which is more than just enough for any paddle board out there. A board this wide isn’t only impressively stable but it’ll also enable you to move freely and comfortably on its platform without risking falling in.
Thickness has always been an issue for paddle board manufacturers because their products kept sinking under at the center under heavy load. However, that is by no means an obstacle for Solstice which explains why this board is 6 inches thick. At this size, the board will be rock solid at all times even under excessive weight and pressure. Also, the thickness of the board will keep you high above water level and that often makes a great diving platform.
When it comes to quality, I believe that nothing is more trust worthy than a 1000 denier 3 ply PVC core which is the equivalent of a hulk. Also, as if that’s not enough, the manufacturer decided to build the board using an industrial drop stitch construction instead of cheap glue which will eventually wear off, making this board virtually indestructible.
In simple English, the Tonga is made strong enough to endure the worst probable situations and riskiest environments so that it is efficient at all times. Hence, this will enable you as a paddler to actually enjoy your journey instead of babysitting a vulnerable board.
Even the most basic details on the Solstice Tonga give away just how much passion and effort were invested into the making of this piece. Indeed, the features of this board are one of its strongest points and they are as follows:
- The best feature on the Tonga has got to be the wide anti-slip gripping pad, extending almost all over the platform. This right here is a premium gripping pad which will significantly enhance your grip on the board and therefore your control but most importantly, it will enable you to adjust yourself easily and continuously to go with the flow. An anti-slip gripping pad will also prove extremely efficient once you’ll need to get back on your board from the water.
- The Tonga also features a nifty D-ring placement which can be reinvented with the help of a little bungee cord. The bungee cord + D-ring settlement will make a great cargo net, helping you transport anything from your sunglasses to your sandals. This feature is very useful as it will allow you to enjoy your hands free ride at ease.
- The board is also hooked with an extra D-ring on the tail of the board which can be used to attach a safety leash or to tie the board to dock whenever needed.
- The board harbours a unique navigation system for unlike most paddle boards, the Tonga goes with one central fixed fin opposed to tri fin. This is an interesting system because where some argue that it’s not as efficient as the tri fin system, others argue that it’s more practical and cuts straight to the point.
Packaging has got to be the number influence for most buyers when they are investing in a paddle board and I couldn’t agree less. A healthy package can easily make the difference between a pain in the back and a fun experience. Fortunately, Solstice Tonga inflatable paddle board happens to ship with pretty much all the essential tools you’ll need to keep up with the board:
- The package includes a back pack carry bag and that is pretty much every body’s biggest concern with an inflatable because it really makes a difference. A back pack translates to an easier transportation and storage. All you have to do is deflate the board, wrap it up and throw it inside the roomy custom bag.
- The board also comes with a high pressure hand pump which is also a basic element of the paddler’s inventory. You will go nowhere without a pump which is why the makers of the Tonga include a powerful pump which will inflate the board in under 8 mins. Also, the pump comes with a pressure gauge to make sure you pump the board to the appropriate degree.
When it comes to performance, there isn’t much to say more than what is factual and the truth is that this board is a solid performer when compared to recreational boards. Do not take this slightly however because the Tonga is optimized to best nurture the needs of beginning and intermediate paddlers, making this board stable and easier to navigate.
No products found.
- The Solstice Tonga is a very well-made recreational inflatable stand up paddle board that’s best for beginners.
- The Tonga has a perfect Blend of maneuverability, stability and buoyancy.
- It’s quite stable and it performs quite well on various water conditions, although the board is designed for calm and steady water.
- Our main concern about the Solstice Tonga inflatable paddle board is that it doesn’t come with a paddle.
- If you’re into speed and racing, i’m afraid, the Tonga might not be the right inflatable paddle board for you.
Solstice Tonga inflatable paddle board – More Images
Last update on 2022-05-16 at 13:49 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API