When you see a brand that is not that old in the industry of inflatable standup paddle boards, yet, its products are meeting a great deal of attention; you’ve got to know that they are making something authentic and real.
Ten Toes is a brand that fuses the past and present of surfing to allow you the best paddling experience that goes hand in hand with your life style.
Inflatable stand up paddle boards are one of those inventions that are meant to make fun more and more exciting, and this time, the GLOBETROTTER is our guy which I’m sure you’ll have a crush on.
- Diamond textured comfort foam deck pad for extra stability
- One slide-in center fin
- Bungee cord connected through 4 stainless steel D-rings
- 1 extra D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Standardized H3 valve
- Package includes :
- 3PC adjustable & lightweight aluminum paddle
- 1 nylon removable fin
- High-intensity manual air pump with gauge
- Repair kit
|Dimensions||12’0″ x 30″ x 6″|
|Material||Military-grade PVC &dropstitch technology|
|Number of D-rings||5 Stainless D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 removable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
Ten Toes build their iSUPs in all known sizes to make sure everyone of you out there is going to find their matching board; the GLOBETROTTER is a touring paddle board that is made for riders that are around 300 lbs with 12 feet length, 30 inches wide and 6 inches thick. It sounds pretty perfect for me because, unlike the JETSETTER that is 14 feet tall, a 12 feet board is not that big of a board for anyone.
Also, the width dimension is the best you could get on the market unless you happened to encounter a giant iSUP; 30 inches are enough for anyone to be completely comfortable on the board’s back. Moreover, the GLOBETROTTER’s thickness is the standard for any quality iSUP; you’re going to enjoy a nice stable tour on this board.
All of Ten Toes’ iSUPs go through the same building process; the GLOBETROTTER’s body is made of military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch technology that’s worldly known for its strength and durability. There are also about 100 threads per inch joining the top and the bottom of the board making it look and feel like one inseparable piece.
Not only that; to reinforce the board, Ten Toes uses a multi-layer cover that works as a protective coat against anything that might bump into the board.
Such building process guarantees that your board will maintain its shape under high levels of air pressure for years. With technology and all of those materials combined together, inflatable stand up paddle boarding is raising the bar really high for water sports and activities. The GLOBETROTTER is one of those iSUPs that do leave a good impression.
People haven’t really started using inflatable paddle boards until recently, and that’s due to the life styles we’re leading nowadays. An inflatable board has so much to offer taking into consideration what we seek in a board. An iSUP is practical to carry around, to store, to inflate and to pack, and with the features it is designed with; you’ve got to admit that inflatable stand up paddle boarding is something.
- With a pointed nose, the GLOBETROTTER knives through the water faster with less resistance allowing you to pick up your pace easily in flat or chopped water.
- This board is featured with a diamond textured foam deck pad that covers half the board and allows you more control over it since your feet are not going to skid off. It’s also very comfortable to stand on since it’s foamed and soft.
- You’ll find a central carry handle that is made of rubbery material for a firm and comfortable grip.
- A bungee system is nothing new when it comes to Ten Toes; the company knows that this feature is what makes stand up paddle boarding a thing to go for. You’ll find 5 D-rings attached to the board; 4 of which are on the front and are connected with a bungee cord so can secure any cargo or tools you need. The 5th D-ring is on the board’s tail and it is meant for safety leash attachment like usual.
- The navigation system on the GLOBETROTTER consists of one large central fin that is also removable for easy packing. This fin did a good job water tracking in flat water, and it is so easy to attach/detach. You can try to paddle board without the fin and you’ll feel the difference.
An all-inclusive package is always the best package, but life sometimes is not that chill. However, the GLOBETROTTER is featured with almost everything you’ll need to handle it. You’ll find:
- A 3 piece adjustable paddle that is made of light aluminum; it’s highly functional as it is so comfortable to use thanks to the T-shape grip design. Once you’re done having water fun, you can just break the paddle down and pack it almost anywhere.
- A high pressure hand pump that works perfectly fine inflating the board anywhere you could possibly be. The GLOBETROTTER can be pumped up to 15 psi which you can measure looking at the pressure gauge.
- A strap so you can fix the board once deflated and rolled up; it makes sure the board doesn’t go loose taking more space than it should as it is practical to use and durable.
- A repair kit which I’d say you won’t need if you’re a friendly user.
This package is missing the backpack that we all need and hope to find included. It’s a bit sad I give you that, but if you have any other board’s bag that is big enough you could simply use it to carry and store the GLOBETROTTER.
The GLOBETROTTER is a great touring inflatable stand up paddle board, thus, you can only guess how smooth it’ll be to paddle through flat water. Its pointy nose was not built randomly; you nearly won’t feel any water resistance thanks to its sleek structure.
It terms of balance; you’re going to enjoy a stable ride where your feet won’t sink or dive into the water thanks to the 6 inches thickness. Further, for those of you who are into speed and racing, the GLOBETROTTER will not disappoint you; it’s fast and very responsive and agile which makes it a lot easier to pull some moves and maneuvers.
- The GLOBETROTTER It’s a touring iSUP that’s best suited for intermediate to advanced high-speed riders.
- It’s fast, stable and relatively easy to control.
- It’s 12 feet long and can hold up to 300 lbs.
- It doesn’t come with a carry backpack.