One of the hardest things to accomplish in life is to find a life partner and right after that there’s the quest to find a good looking inflatable stand up paddle board that performs as good as you’d want it to.
Indeed, it is quite a difficult task to find a paddle board that is appealing in terms of body design and quality of performance but I believe that I have just found the one.
The Tower Paddle Boards iRace 12’6″ is not only a beautiful board but it’s also the descendant of a long line of successful boards. The makers behind this piece of art proudly introduced to the market their latest and greatest racing SUP and, for once, it is exactly what they said it’d be and then a little more.
- At 12’6″ long and 6″ thick, this is a revolutionary inflatable design. It’s made for racers or recreational paddlers who still want the speed of a race board.
- The Tower iRace features a high-end Tower branded diamond grooved deck pad.
- The iRace comes with central carry handle and two D-rings;a towing ring on the nose, and a leash attachment ring on the tail.
|Dimensions||12’6″ x 30″ x 6″|
|Material||Extremely rugged materials like those you’d find on the highly regarded Zodiac boats and extreme river rafts.|
|Weight limit||Up to 400 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||2 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 center removable fin|
|Volume||Unknown exactly, but probably 350 Liters plus|
This giant right here is standing at 12’6 feet which is dazzling to say the least. A board this long isn’t only an empty stunt as length has a great impact on performance. In that regard, the Tower Paddler Board iRace is designed so as to stand strong in the face of external forces and quickly gain momentum on steady water. The added length also helps stabilize taller riders who may feel a bit wobbly on a shorter board.
In width, this giant measures 30 inches which not only looks sharp but also improves the stability of the board. As wide as a coffee table, balancing yourself on top of this board will be a piece of cake. Width also affects navigation because SUPs are very similar to skateboard and placing more pressure on one side will alter your trajectory.
The Tower Paddle Boards iRace is not only extra large, it’s also extra thick, measuring 6 inches which is remarkable. Depending on the thickness of your board, you will see a huge difference when it comes to mobility as the 6 inches benchmark fades out. Boards that are 6 inches thick however are not only more stable but they also do not sink at the middle under a lot of pressure or weight. Speaking of which, the Tower Paddle Boards iRace can handle up to 350 lbs at once without affecting its performance. So, bring along a pet or a friend.
Quality has a big influence on the life span and performance of the board and Tower Paddle boards completely understands that which is why they made a call to strictly build this iRacer from military grade PVC material which is then reinforced via Korean drop stitch construction, making this board an actual hulk.
What that stands for in real life is a board that went through a series of torture tests, including dropping it from the top of a building then running it over with a 4×4/SUV vehicle and came out of it with no permanent damage if any at all. Thus, when you get this iRacer, feel free to experience paddling to the extreme without a single worry.
- EXTREMELY RIGID - Weight limit of up to 350 lbs on the water. When fully inflated, it feels very similar to a hard board...
- PACKAGE DEAL - Includes board, pump, and 3-piece adjustable fiberglass paddle.
- HIGHLY DURABLE - Military-grade PVC material and drop-stitch construction. Never worry again about dings and board...
Even the smallest details on the body of the Tower Paddle iRace 12’6” imply how much effort and dedication was invested into this machine. Features are thus another aspect where the iRace gets to shine as it features just about everything you’ll need on a paddle board and nothing more.
- Unlike most inflatable paddle boards, the Tower Paddle Boards decided to go with the authentic design of a solid paddle board and because of that they had to sacrifice the D-ring + Bungee cord placement you’d find on almost any inflatable board out there. This indeed was a brave statement as the cargo net isn’t really useless but it did interfere with the authentic look of the board. Therefore, know that this board was designed mainly to appeal to those looking for an authentic board with the qualities of an inflatable one.
- A slide-in central fin that will make navigation a piece of cake and reduce the influence of external forces to a large extent. The fact that the fin is removable isn’t only for show but it’s actually advisable to remove your fin when in shallow water or when you’re using the board to surf.
- The Tower iRace might not have multiple D-rings on the back of the board but it still carries two D-rings; a towing ring on the nose, and a leash attachment ring on the tail.
- The gripping pad is definitely worthy of a strong mention as well. The Tower iRace goes with a large anti-slippage pad which is not unusual because the larger the pad the better. A large pad doesn’t only mean an improved sense of balance but also more space to move around and find a comfortable position for long distance paddling and touring.
- Finally and as mentioned in the introduction of this article, a lot of props go to the aesthetic design of the board because it’s simply majestic. The minimalistic patterns and absence of branding is just a relief and that is something that cannot be said about most boards out there. In brief, this is what boards should look like.
When it comes to packaging, it is a rule that a board with weak accessories is gonna be more trouble than fun. Fortunately, the Tower iRace comes with just what you need to enjoy your experience. Hence, the package includes:
- A high pressure hand pump with a pressure gauge which is the most essential tool in the paddler’s inventory as it’ll enable you to inflate your board in less than 10 minutes. Also, the gauge will enable you to make sure you inflate your board to the recommended 15 PSI.
- A light weight fiberglass paddle which is more robust than you can imagine and more flexible than you need it to be. Not only that but the paddle that comes with this board is also collapsible and adjustable so that you can customize it to the length you’re most comfortable with in different environments.
In terms of performance, you can’t really argue that this right here is one of the best inflatable race boards in the industry. The sharp edges and slim perimeters of the Tower iRace make it much more of a fish than an actual paddle board and that will significantly impact straight tracking and water resistance.
Also, the material out of which this board is made makes it very light and easy to manoeuvre on water which is especially useful for beginners who might struggle to keep a board this large on track.
All in all, the Tower Paddle Board iRace is an exemplary racing inflatable stand up paddle board and you just have to try it out yourself to understand the quality of this beast.
- In no way does the iRace feel like it has air in it, it feels solid & strong like a solid paddle boards.
- The quality of build and that of material will significantly expand the life span of this board and that is something to always look for in any product.
- There is nothing that says we trust our product like a 2 years long warranty which is something you’d hardly ever find on an inflatable product.
- The Tower iRace inflatable SUP board doesn’t come with a backpack bag.
- The black gripping pad does get hot if left in the sun.
Tower iRace iSUP Board – Video
Last update on 2023-06-05 at 13:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API