It doesn’t matter anymore the time when you want to practice some water activities; because you don’t have to worry about transporting your board or anything like that. Inflatable stand up paddle boards are one of the things that were made to make life easier and to pull you closer anywhere where there’s water.
The Vilano is a heavy brand name; they make a variety of different products for different sports, but since you’re here that means that you’re specifically interest in this Vilano’s inflatable SUP board; the Journey, so let’s get started.
The Vilano Journey is 10 feet tall, 30 inches wide and 4 inches thick and it comes in a package with all that is necessary to get the best of it.
- Comfort anti slip diamond groove deck pad which comes in 2 great colors.
- 11 Stainless heavy duty "D" rings
- Ultra Portable:
- Deflated size : 1 ft. x 35 in.
- Inflated size : 10' x 31" x 4" Thick
- Complete Package: Board, Pump with Integrated pressure gauge, 3-Piece Aluminum paddle (measures 65.5" - 86"), Removable fin, Backpack Carry Bag and Shoulder Strap
|Dimensions||10' long x 31" wide x 4" thick|
|Material||High grade PVC material with Korean Drop-Stitch construction|
|Weight limit||200 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||11 Stainless D-Rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||1 large removable center fin|
First things first though; the Journey is an all-round inflatable SUP board which is designed for maximum speed on flat water. It’s also meant to be used for long distance paddling because with this design it will conquer the water best with less resistance causing a smooth stable glide. Being mentioned, a lot of you are looking for more stability when it comes to inflatable stand up paddle boards, and we all know that the thicker the board is the more stable it’ll be; thus, you might want to check the thicker version of our iSUP here; the Vilano Navigator (6” thick).
Anyway, the Journey is our guy and I can’t deny that I was pretty pleased trying it; it’s reasonably priced and it’s pretty good in flat water where I’ve tried it. Even though it’s only 4 inches thick you won’t really notice much difference (unless you weigh over 200lbs) because the body of the journey is made of high grade PVC material with Korean drop-stitch construction which turns the board really stiff and hard once fully inflated. Not only that, thanks to such quality; the Journey can take up to 200 lbs without flexing or bending which is great for a 10 feet iSUP board with just 4 inches in thickness.
Additionally, a diamond grooved anti-slip pad is made to cover the majority of the Journey’s back and provide you with maximum traction while paddling or changing directions. Also, a central removable fin is part of this iSUPs’ body; it actually does a nice job for water tracking, and you can easily detach it when it’s time to pack the deflated board.
Another thing is that the Journey is featured with the traditional central carry handle which comes quite handy in or outside the water, but the good news is that it’s also featured with a very practical shoulder strap which you can attach to the board’s 2 D-rings on the side rail which are put there specifically for this mission. The shoulder strap is part of the package and it’s really functional and useful; it’s a great meaningful add.
To keep with the D-rings; the Journey has 11 D-rings in total; 2 were previously mentioned, 4 are on the front for extra cargo, another 4 are on the sides for those who want to use a kayak seat or a backrest, and the last one is on the tail for safety leash attachment; it’s a whole system.
Concerning the package; the items that are included are as following; you’ll find a 3-piece aluminum paddle that can be adjusted anywhere between 65.5″ and 86″ inches and which is pretty functional. Also, a high pressure hand pump is featured to make inflating the board anywhere possible and practical. And finally, a carry backpack which is always a plus for any inflatable SUP board because it makes packing it and carrying it anywhere a piece of cake. Let’s not forget the shoulder strap that is also part of the package.
To warp it up; the Vilano Journey is a pretty good iSUP which has a really good reputation. It’s neither too big nor too small as it can cover a good range of water activities; add to that the one year warranty which will have you covered and compensate for the missing repair kit.
- Rigid & Durable: It feels very similar to a hard board. The board is made of high grade PVC material with Korean...
- Inflatable & Portable: Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 36"
- Deck Features: Comfort diamond groove traction for grip,11 stainless D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- The Vilano Journey is a decent budget-friendly inflatable stand up paddle board that comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It comes with a whole system of D-rings and a bungee cord
- It comes with a shoulder strap for extreme comfort while carrying the inflated board.
- The only downside we can reasonably think of is the thickness of the board which is just 4 inches. This could make the board flex at the center easily under heavy load. That said, if you weigh over 200lbs,then this might not be the right SUP board for you.