Wakooda is an exceptional company because unlike many others, it knows exactly what it wants to see in a paddle board.
Most inflatable paddle boards out there either suffer from over doing it or miscalculated creativity. However, often times than not, Wakooda seems to have it all figured out and the Wakooda GT126 is a great example of that.
The Wakooda GT126 is a budget-friendly inflatable paddle board with the spirit of the kayak and that can be seen through its unique design. However, what can’t be seen is how the engineering of the board impacts its vital aspects. But before we get into that, let’s talk a little more about specs.
- Extra rugged drop stitch construction
- Soft Anti-skid EVA pad provides secure footing
- 12 D-rings; 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord
- 2 small side-fixed fins and 1 central detachable fin
- 1 carrying handle
- Package includes :
- Wakooda Carbon Fiber 3-piece adjustable SUP paddle - extends from 64" to 82"
- BRAVO HD pump
- Ankle leash
- Bback pack with shoulder and waist straps
- Patch kit
|Dimensions||10'6" x 30" x 6"|
|Material||Commercial grade 1000 denier drop stitch|
|Number of D-rings||12 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||15 PSI|
|Fins||Two small fixed fins on sides, + 1 removable center fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
The length of a board is crucial to both user compatibility and more importantly performance. Hence, at 10 feet 6 inches in length, this Wakooda aims at encompassing as large of a user base as possible and that includes teenagers, young adults and adults alike. Not only is the board compatible with most paddlers but it’s also designed to noticeably reduce wiggling while launching.
The width of a board is also significant as it impacts both the board and the paddler. At 30 inches in width however, the Wakooda GT126 is significantly more stable than most boards in the market which in itself impacts your ability to balance yourself on top of the board, especially in strong currents. The width of the board is also responsible for reducing air and stream hurdles.
Length and width might be substantial but so is thickness. In fact, thickness is far more influential than most of us believe and the Wakooda is here to prove it.
The Wakooda GT126 stands at a solid 6 inches in thickness which is not arbitrary because 6 inches is the only thing standing between you and a bending board. Indeed, boards that measure anywhere around 4 inches or less in thickness can easily bend at the center and will do so eventually which is very unpleasant. Thus, the fact that the GT126 doubles that makes of it an extremely solid board.
Quality is a big concern for inflatable paddler board lovers because a lot of people made the mistake of investing in really cheap board which often means cheap quality. However, you don’t have to pay thousands for a solid board and the best example of that is the board at hand.
The Wakooda GT126 is strictly made of solid PVC material which also happens to be the material some bullet proof vests are made of. If that’s not impressive enough then note that this board is fortified via an industrial drop stitch construction instead of the cheap alternative that is glue.
If this signifies anything, it is how robust this board is and how well it will do in the long run. The main argument here is that you shouldn’t have to worry about where and how you use this board because it is capable of enduring the worst scenarios possible.
The quality of this board is truly impressive but you should take a look at the smallest and even finest details on the board before making up your mind. The reason I’m saying that is because quality manifests itself even further in the details of the board and most importantly through its most prominent features.
- The first thing that strikes you, positively of course, when looking at this board must be the expending gripping pad. The EVA pad is not just any pad because not only is it comfortable but also very efficient at granting you a firm grip over the board. The benefit of a firmer grip usually induce balance and stability but what is even more important is that it grants you an even better control over the board. The gripping pad will also prove extremely handy once you’ll try to get back on top of the board from the water.
- Another significant feature of the Wakooda GT126 is the stainless steel D-rings attached with bungee cord on the nose of the board. The positioning of the net is important but not as important as its functionalities. Indeed, this feature makes a great cargo net which would make transporting anything from your back pack to your sandals a piece of cake. Also, keep in mind that this feature will also enable you to enjoy your experience hands free.
- One more feature which is worthy of noting is the tri-fin navigation system which is considered to be a prime system for paddle boards and boards in general. The system features 3 fins, 2 smaller fins on the sides which are meant to fend off side currents and wind whereas the larger central fin is designed to improve controls.
- Last but definitely not least, it must be noted that this is one of the few boards that actually comes in more than just one color; that way if you’re not pleased with this color then you might appreciate the Blue/Grey version of the Wakooda GT126.
Packaging is often considered to be a double edged sword because it can easily make the difference between a joyous experience and a lot of struggle.
- The board comes with a practical back pack which will make transporting and storing the board a piece of cake.
- The package also includes a high pressure hand pump which is essential if you want to get anywhere.
- The package contains a carbon fiber paddle which is both robust and extremely light weight, making much less of a burden.
- Last but definitely not least, the board comes with a basic repair kit that you’ll never need because of how tough this board is.
When it comes to performance then it must be noted that the shape of the board will significantly impact how well it will do in specific circumstances. The kayakish design of the board will significantly enhance its ability to cut through water like a hot knife through butter. The board is also recreational primarily which might not be able to compete with race boards but it’s actually way better than you would think. Also, the navigation system is beautifully designed to improve straight tracking and that is a huge upgrade.
- Wakooda GT126 is a great budget-friendly touring inflatable stand up paddle board.
- It comes in two vivid colors.
- It boasts multiple stainless steel D-rings; you can attach a kayak seat or a back rest to this board.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- Wakooda GT126 is a touring paddle board which can pick up speed quite easily.
We couldn’t think of any.