I have seen and tried so many different inflatable products, and that resulted in me being the person I am today. What I mean to say is that once you become familiar with all of those products’ shapes, sizes and brands, you develop a sharp eye that can easily detect the smallest fractions of details, quality and design.
The Zray is a name that has established one of the strongest bases within the growing industry of inflatable stand up paddle boards, and you wouldn’t even need that sharp eye to notice that their iSUPs are quite the deal.
On this review, you’ll be acquainted with the Zray A4 which is one of best touring iSUPs on the market. Let’s check it out…
No products found.
No products found.
- Ultra-stable and maneuverable
- Premium double layer, super strong 15 cm thickness drop stitch material
- Crocodile Skin EVA provide more stability and protection
- Elastic bungee to carry personal belongings
- Soft fabric handle provide more comfort to your hand
- 6 inches thickness makes the board quite very rigid and not prone to bend at the center
- Package includes :
- Z-ray extra high pressure pump
- An aluminium unsinkable paddle (adjustable 65-85 inches)
- Foot rest included
- Backpack bag included
- A waterproof case as a gift
|Dimensions||11’6″ long x 32″ wide x 6″ thick|
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Weight limit||352 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||3 Fins system: 2 fixed + 1 moveable|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
The word touring always triggers me to think about a long board for one reason or another, and that’s the case with the Zray A4. This inflatable paddle board is 11.6 feet long, 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick.
For any touring board, being almost 12 feet long is something near perfection.
Touring is one of the best water activities that anyone could go for, and in order for you to get the best of it, a long board is what you should be aiming at. The Zray A4’s length and design make it easy to manoeuver and control, while its high nose is not randomly put there; this feature makes the Zray A4 a highly versatile iSUP that can successfully take on different water conditions. Pretty much the same thing can be said about the Zray A1 except that it is 9.10 feet long which might sound convenient to some of you.
Moving to another aspect, the 32 inches wideness is, again and honestly, the best you could ever get on the market. It’s wide enough for anyone to stand tall and balanced on top of it. Also, the fact that the Zray A4 is quite large, in length and width, makes it a perfect choice for beginners because mostly that’s what a beginner needs; balance.
As for thickness, you wouldn’t find that one of the Zray’s iSUPs is less than 6 inches; they know that in order to stay ahead of everyone else in what they’re doing, they must preserve quality and best choices to their products.
Every Zray inflatable stand up paddle board can simply reflect the enormous amount of work and dedication put into it. Zray chooses carefully what goes under the quality section of each iSUP, and the A4 totally had its share.
The Zray A4 is made of multiple layers of military grade PVC material which is known to be the strongest in the arena. Also, the drop stitch construction used ensures the durability of the board for the long run.
Not only that, what I like most about the Zray’s latest iSUPs is the use of those extra reinforcement tapes that seem to hold the pieces of the board tighter making every one of them stronger and stiffer to simulate a hard rigid one piece board.
Whether on the entry level, mediocre or advanced, the Zray made sure that A4 has whatever it takes for you to feel comfortable and find that this iSUP is most functional. We’ll start with the most prominent features like usual, and this is it:
- The A4’s color is something that can be unseen; it’s yellow, bright, and yet, I find it very elegant. The combination of colors used make it look simple and very sporty but also quite sharp.
- The EVA traction pad covers what is about half the board’s back and it looks as great as how it feels. It is 4 mm thick which adds to the stiffness of the board, as it makes controlling it and maneuvering way easier since it works perfectly preventing your feet from slipping off.
- Also, you’ll find a complete D-rings system that consists of 12 stainless steel D-rings; however, the best part is that you get to use the bungee cord on the front to secure anything you’d like to take with you onto the board. The choice to attach a kayak seat is also available, as well as a safety leash.
- The navigation system could be a deal breaker for such a long board, but not this time. The Zray A4 is featured with 3 fins that work perfectly boosting the versatility of the board, as they deliver great tracking.
- Additionally, there are two carry handles to facilitate transporting the inflated board, and two bungee straps to secure the footrest. Both the handles and the straps are pretty rigid and well-built.
No products found.
All of the touring iSUPs made by the Zray are quite the deal. The A4 is a stable board that could deliver its best performance on flat water giving the fact that it’s large and thick to support up to 352 lbs.
Controlling shouldn’t be hard at all; actually, a beginner can get complete hold of it in no time. The navigation system, again, makes the board way more agile and versatile making it possible to use it in different water conditions.
The Zray A4 could also be fit for yoga, and it’s great for exploring; I personally find it as an extremely functional iSUP that can be used by different riders with different interests.
I’m always interested in the package as a whole which pushes me to check it ahead of everything else; it’s that one thing that makes an iSUP worth going for on the first place. The Zray know that, that’s why most of their iSUPs come in all-inclusive package.
Concerning the A4, you’ll find:
- A Zray updated pump that makes the inflating faster and easier.
- A waterproof case as a gift.
- An aluminium paddle.
- A closing belt.
- A backpack.
- A footrest.
- 1 fin.
- My favorite thing about the A4 is that it comes in an all-inclusive package including a footrest.
- It’s large which makes it great for touring and fitness.
- It’s absolutely made to maintain its shape and performance.
- It’s extremely stiff and rigid once fully inflated.
- A large board can take a large weight capacity; 352 lbs is beyond awesome.
- It does very well on various water conditions including choppy waters.
- Honestly, there is nothing I could complain about concerning the Zray A4. It might not be the fastest, but it’s not made to be so anyway. This board targets stability and recreation paddling.
Zray A4 iSUP – More Images
Last update on 2022-05-16 at 15:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API