One of the greatest things about inflatable stand up paddle boards will always be their extreme portability that has no other match. iSUPs are light, easily transported and stored, with plenty of features to serve the largest users’ platform.
Zray is one of the brands that refuse to provide their customers with anything less than quality iSUPs, that’s why you can clearly notice the minute details which reflect the amount of time and effort put into them to look this good.
This review is going to be about the Zray FS7; one of the Zray’s finest fishing inflatable stand up paddle board that didn’t fail to impress anyone who tried it.
- Extra-width for more stability
- Unique 6" thickness drop-stitch material
- EVA : comfy and grooving design EVA surface
- Elastic bungee to carry personal belongings
- Soft fabric handle provides more comfort to your hand
- Multi-functional grommets design for cooler and kayak seat
- Package includes :
- Z-ray extra high pressure pump
- An aluminium unsinkable paddle (adjustable 65-85 inches)
- 3 fins : 2 fix + 1 removable
- Backpack bag included
- A waterproof case as a gift
|Dimensions||11'6" long x 32" wide x 6" thick|
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Weight limit||330 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||3 Fins system: 2 fix + 1 removable|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
For a fishing iSUP, the larger the board the better it’ll be. The Zray FS7 is 11 feet tall, 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick; one more feet and a sharp nose design and it would’ve been a racing iSUP. In other words, 11 feet for length dimension is quite impressive for a fishing board especially with the design and shape given to it. Unlike all-round or pointy noses, this one is quite different; as you can see, it’s takes a squared shape into the edges which are kept pretty soft and round.
This very specific choice of design is not random; the Zray FS7 needed to make sure that width is one of its strongest features. The 32 inches width start almost from head to tail which makes it possible to say that wherever you stand you’ll be standing on a 32 inches wide platform. That being stated, it should be obvious now that the Zray FS7 is meant to break some records when it comes to stability.
In addition to that, the fact that it is 6 inches thick is a Zray’s thing; you wouldn’t find an iSUP of theirs that is under the regular 6 inches because they simply believe that every iSUP deserves to be a quality one. This specific measurement is the most convenient for an iSUP because 6 inches won’t be easy to submerge under water or bend under maximum weight capacity that can go up to 330 lbs.
Zray is known for their upmost dedication when it comes down to their reputation, that’s why they have been keeping it real for more than 25 years. The outer shell of the Zray FS7 is made of Heavy-Duty PVC material that is virtually indestructible. Also, the rail sides of the board are glued using 500D tapes that are nearly impossible to rip off.
Not only that; the 15 cm drop-stitch material that targets the thickness of the board makes it so hard, once fully inflated, you might find it difficult to believe that it’s an inflatable.
All of these multiple layers make the Zray FS7 a strong, rigid and durable iSUP. Yet, every other iSUP presented to us by the Zray feels pretty much the same because they are all made of similar material and build technology.
Getting here, I’m sure that you have already had a look on the most prominent aspects or features of the Zray FS7, however, on this part of the review, we are going to go through them in an attempt to make it feel closer. So, first:
- You’ll find the grooving EVA pad which covers the majority of the boards back; it’s pretty thick it adds to the rigidity and durability of the board as a whole. Yet, it’s soft and very comfortable to stand on which will guarantee you a great paddling/fishing experience with no slippery feet.
- Second, the Zray FS7 is featured with a typical 6 D-rings coverage that allows the board to be as functional as possible especially that it’s a fishing board. 4 D-rings are connected with a bungee cord which comes really handy if you want to secure any cargo to the board.
- Not only that, to maximize the options and utility of the Zray FS7, the manufacturer featured it with a multi-functional grommets design so you can bring a cooler on board, or use a kayak seat. The grommets are really rigid and they cover more than half the board’s sides allowing you to secure anything you like to them.
- You’ll also find 2 rigid carry handles that are made of soft fabric to make carrying the inflated board an easy and comfortable task.
- Finally, as for the navigation system, the Zray knew that in order to raise the ceiling for fishing iSUPs, the FS7 must have a trio-fin set for best tracking and stability. One fin is large and removable while the other two are smaller and fixed. With these fins, the FS7 delivers quite a performance especially when paddling in a straight line.
- Versatile Board - You can paddle, sleep, fishing, yoga or just enjoy the leisure in flat water, river runs and small...
- Safe and Comfort - 6 inches thickness makes the board will not draw deep, so it gets better stability during watering...
- Full set of accessories: 1 pump, 1 adjustable floating aluminum paddle(65-85inches), 3 fins(1 removable central fin), 1...
I know that the Zray FS7 is a fishing enthusiast iSUP, but I’m ready to give you my word and say that it can do way more than that. It’s a very stable board given its outstanding dimensions; thus, you can paddle, fish, practice yoga, ride some small waves, or you could even take some river runs with the FS7. Its length makes it a great choice for both, fishing and touring, while its width enables you to do anything on board thanks to its high stability. The tracking system is so good it makes paddling feel like an easy task.
The Zray got this part covered very nicely if not in the best way possible when it comes to iSUPs. The FS7 comes in an all-inclusive package with everything you could need to handle it; you’ll find:
- The board
- 1 removable fin
- A waterproof case as a gift
- A high pressure hand pump
- A great looking and strongly made backpack
- A Zray professional and unsinkable paddle (65-85 inches)
- The best thing about the Zray FS7 is its outstanding stability thanks to the extra width put into it making it the perfect iSUP for fishing, yoga and a lot more.
- It is 11 feet long which means you have more than enough space to carry anything on board within the 330 lbs weight capacity.
- Its unique design makes it feel like a large and flat platform that is hard to bend or submerge under water.
- The tracking system is a perfect one that makes paddling very smooth.
- The all-inclusive package can speak for itself.
- Trying the Zray FS7, I can’t really say that I have spotted anything wrong with it; it’s quite a great deal for fishing enthusiast or anyone who is into stand up paddle boarding.
Zray FS7 Inflatable Paddle Board – More Images