I’ve experienced many things in life but I can tell you with utmost certainty that nothing can compare to riding your paddle board on a smooth lake down into the sunset. But in order to get there, you must get through a few stages. First step is to get yourself a stand up paddle board.
Stand up paddle boards generally and inflatable SUPs specifically are picking up more and more momentum in the market of water sport items. However, not only boards are worthy of this upgrade.
As is the case with most products out there, you’ll always find leader brands and those less dedicated. Zray is a prime example of a leading manufacturer because it’s not in it for the buck alone but it’s also here to shape the industry.
- EVA: Fancy water wave EVA provide more durability and protection
- Elastic bungee cord for cargo and personal belongings
- Soft fabric handle provide more comfort to your hand
- All around design for lake or river
- Professional detachable central fin
- Package includes :
- Zray professional floating paddle which supports 3 section adjustments (65-85 inches)
- Z-ray extra high pressure pump & gauge
- Removable central fin
- Backpack bag
|Dimensions||10’10” x 30″ x 6″|
|Material||PVC & drop-stitch material|
|Number of D-rings||1 D-ring on the tail for safety leash attachment or for tying up the board to docks|
|Recommended PSI||10 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||1 center removable fin|
|Carry handles||1 center carry handle|
Take a look at this 10 foot 10 inches long Zray paddle board as it is indeed a monument worthy of appreciation. This right here is an upgraded version of a smaller model which is enhanced with the purpose to appeal to an even wider range of paddlers. Not only that but the length of this board will also drastically enhance stability in messy waters and quickly generate momentum on a steady surface.
As for width, this Zray X2 measures a poise 30 inches which is quite the deal for beginners. At 30 inches, it’s going to be impossible to capsize this board under any circumstance. Indeed, the wider the board the more stable it’ll be and in the case of this Zray X2, it is as stable as your relationship with your dog. Not only that but a platform this wide is going to provide you with enough room to move around and find the most comfortable position.
In terms of thickness, this legend measures 6 inches which is monumental compared to other boards that’d bend if you even dare exceed the weight limit. Indeed, boards that are 4 inches thick or under are prone to sink at the center under a lot of weight which is why Zray opted for 6 inches instead. Also, the thickness of the board will also make it much more enjoyable for those of you who need a diving platform.
In terms of quality, this board can pretty much speak for itself. If you take a closer look at this Zray X2, you’d be able to tell that it is made to last. In fact, this inflatable stand up paddle board shelters two layers of military grade PVC material which is enhanced via an industrial drop stitch construction, making the 10 footer a war machine.
To ensure durability, Zray made sure to run their boards through a series of torture tests so that they can see just how much these boards can take before they break. It was no surprise that this board was able to pull through a roof drop but it was kind of legendary when it survived being run over by a freaking car.
When it comes to user friendliness, Zray made sure to equip this board with pretty much every accessory you’ll need once you’re on water. The basic features of the Zray X2 are definitely one more reason to seriously consider getting this board as soon as possible. Here, take a look:
- The most prominent feature on this iSUP board has to be the extended gripping pad which covers over 50 % of the board’s surface. This pad isn’t just going to significantly improve your grip on the board but it’ll also enhance your ability to balance the board even in the toughest environments. Moreover, the size of the pad will enable you to alter your position on the go without risking dropping off into the water which is not always pleasant.
- Moreover, the D-ring + bungee cord placement on the back of the board is also one feature which a lot of you might appreciate. This placement will prove to be extremely useful especially when you’re planning on taking along some cargo. This net can thus serve as a cargo net for pretty much anything from your paddle to your sandals, allowing you to cruise hands free.
- The board is also hooked with one extra D-ring on the tail of the board which can be used to attach a safety leash or tie up the board to docks when necessary.
- The central carry handle is a nice touch that’ll enable you to carry the board on your own. However, nothing can compare to the navigation system of this board. The Zray comes with a central removable fin which is both flexible and sturdy. The fin will significantly improve your ability to manoeuvre the board on calm water. However, it is advised to completely remove it in shallow water and also when surfing.
An inflatable paddle board package can either seal the deal or break it because it can seriously make the difference between a fun experience and a pain in the back. Luckily, this Zray X2 isn’t about to risk demolishing its assets because of a lacking package which is why the package includes:
- A high pressure hand pump, which is an essential tool to keep your board inflated at all times. The pump is also hooked with a pressure gauge to help you inflate it to the right degree which happens to be 15PSI with this board.
- The package also includes a rigid aluminium paddle that is going to be essential if you’re planning on getting anywhere. This paddle isn’t only extremely light but it’s also adjustable so that you can customize it properly for your height and the depth of water.
- Add to that a central removable fin which is always an asset because believe it or not, the last thing you need is a board with a permanent fin in shallow water.
- Last but definitely not least, the board comes with a nifty back pack carry bag which will make it a delight to transport and store your board at ease.
In terms of performance, this board is going to give you the best experience a recreational board can offer. Not to take that the wrong way, recreational boards are not below racing boards. In fact, they are simply optimized for beginners and that is why this board is way more agile and easier to navigate. Also, the size of this Zray X2 will grant you maximum speed in no time. All in all, the Zray X2 is everything a recreational board should be.
- The Zray X2 is one of the best budget-friendly inflatable stand up paddle boards for beginners.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package.
- It’s stiff and sturdy to the point you won’t believe that it’s only air pumped into it.
- The Zray X2 is very stable and it tracks quite well.
- The fact that this board has a weight limit of 320 lbs is remarkable as it’ll enable you to bring along other passengers without affecting performance.
- There’s really nothing worthy of criticism on this board, however the Zray X2 might not be the right board for you if speed is what you are looking for. Granted, this is a recreational paddle board not a race one.