NIXY is growing fast and strong in the industry line of inflatable standup paddle boards; they are making all kinds of iSUPs with different sizes and colors.
On this review, we are going to have a closer look at the NIXY Venice Yoga iSUP which will definitely get your attention especially if you’re a Yoga lover.
- Super Soft EVA Flat Large Traction Pad
- 10 Stainless D-Rings, 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord
- Paddle holder
- EZ Push Hi Pressure Valve
- 1 comfortable center carry handle
- Package includes :
- 3 Pieces Adjustable Aluminum Paddle
- 10' Coil Leash
- High Pressure Double Action Pump & Gauge
- 3x Removable Travel Fin
- Travel Back Pack
- Repair Kit
|Dimensions||10'6" x 34" x 6"|
|Material||Drop Stitch PVC|
|Weight limit||240 lbs|
|Number of D-rings||10 D-rings
|Recommended PSI||12 - 15 PSI|
|Fins||1x 8" Center Fin + 2x 4.5" Side Fins|
|Carry handles||1 center comfort carry handle|
The NIXY Venice is 34 inches wide which is the recommended width for quality yoga iSUPs. Any board that is over the regular 30 inches width is meant to provide you with a larger platform where you can easily maintain your balance.
You will also be able to practice all yoga routines and positions comfortably thanks to the board’s large body.
The Venice is 10.6 feet tall and 6 inches thick which I can call the perfect, most suitable and most convenient size for almost all paddlers. Such dimensions are somehow standardized to fit all levels and sizes because this board is neither too big nor too small. However, the NIXY Venice and the NIXY Newport, which is slightly different, are best recommended for entry level and intermediate riders.
NIXY is proud of their iSUPs’ production line which puts a heavy emphasis on the quality of the material used to build their inflatable boards. The Venice is no exception; this iSUP is made of high grade PVC material and a unique internal 6-inch triple layer drop stitch core.
That being said, you can only imagine how stiff and hard the Venice will feel once fully inflated. Not only that, the EVA pad traction is so dense that it adds more stiffness to the board; it’s quite impressive actually to witness an inflatable SUP turning hard enough to simulate an authentic one.
The Nixy Venice is a very nice inflatable yoga board in the practical sense; it’s highly functional, easy to handle and it is featured with everything that is necessary to make the best of it. I think that the first thing that catches our attention as paddlers or riders is the shape and design
- The Venice is mainly designed for yoga, that’s why you’ll find a large purple EVA deck pad that covers almost the whole back of the board. It’s also flatter and softer than other traction pad that are not designed for yoga; It feels as if it sucks the pressure and weight of your body once you are on board. This pad feels like those little yoga carpets, it also has a nice black graphical tattoo that adds a charming sense to it. The Venice comes in other 3 different colors: gray/white, pink/white and turquoise/white; you’ll get to choose what suits you best.
- This board is also featured with a bungee system that will allow you to take any needed item or gear with you once you hit the water. You’ll find 4 D-rings that are connected with a bungee cord on the front of the board,2 D-rings (one on each side) at the center of the board that can be used to secure a kayak seat if wanted, one D-ring on the board’s tail for safety leash attachment one another underneath the nose for towing. Not only that; you’ll also find another 2 D-rings on the left rail side of the board near the nose that are connected with another bungee cord which work as a paddle holder. You are to never lose anything to the water with such a complete system.
- Our buddy here comes with 3 removable fins. One fin is large and central while the other 2 are smaller and lateral; they work together like a stabilizer that will boost your balance whether you were stand up paddling or practicing yoga. They’re extremely easy to attach/detach, and since they’re removable, they’ll make packing the deflated iSUP way easier and practical.
There is nothing better than purchasing an inflatable standup paddle board with everything you could possibly need to handle it; an all-inclusive package is every paddler’s sought. The Venice comes in one of these nice complete packages to save you the trouble of seeking other items separately.
- You’ll find a high pressure double action pump and gauge that can inflate the board up to 15 PSI in no time allowing the board to hold a weight that goes up to 240 lbs. The Venice is not that of a huge iSUP, thus, it should be easy to pump.
- A 3 piece adjustable aluminum paddle that I found really functional, comfortable to handle. Add to that the fact that once you break it down into smaller parts you can fit it anywhere for easy transportation.
- The previously mentioned navigation system that consists of 3 removable fins.
- A repair kit in case ever needed.
- An ankle leash.
- And finally, a carry backpack to pack the deflated board along with the other items all at once. The bag is strong and is great for traveling since it’s bigger than other bags that I’ve tried. It’s also comfortable to carry thanks to its patted shoulder strips.
The Venice is not made to be fast; that’s a given fact. This board is large enough to maintain a greater balance than any other smaller board, thus, you will enjoy peaceful yoga routines in flat water as if you’re nearly on a rigid platform. Moreover, the Venice is quite responsive and smooth when it comes to moving around. You can also try to ride some waves; the extra stability and balance it offers will make up for the speed lacking.
- The NIXY Venice is a yoga iSUP with 34 inches width.
- An EVA deck pad that is softer than all other iSUPs’ pads.
- It comes in an all-inclusive package with everything essential to handle it (paddle, hand pump, fins, repair kit, leash & carry backpack).
- This board also features a paddle holder.
- The NIXY Venice has 2 years warranty.
- The NIXY Venice is a little heavier to carry around.
- It’s not that fast.