Perhaps you’re wondering what is an eagle doing at sea? And the answer to that is easy – it’s searching for a decent kayak.
The Sea Eagle has proven to be one of the pioneering manufacturers when it comes to making quality kayaks, specifically inflatable ones.
In fact, this company has just surfaced recently in the inflatable kayak market, and surprisingly, it’s already taking up the spotlight for all the good reasons
Take the SE370 for example, which is one of Sea Eagle’s latest additions to a long line of successful inflatable Kayaks. This kayak might just be the company’s favorite boat son at the moment as it has been getting many positive reviews.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
Some people may not pay attention to the advice of others regarding a product, but it’s a good way of getting information about a specific product. Reviews from paddlers and experienced sports kayak enthusiast can give some basic idea of how the SE370 performs. Let us also share our discussion about this product, and hopefully help in your decision making in choosing a Sea Eagle kayak.
- NMMA Certified
- Open and close drain valve
- Five deluxe one-way valves
- Sun & saltwater resistant hull material
- Lashed down inflatable spray skirts
- I-beam construction floor
- Two skegs on the bottom for better tracking & speed
- Pressure Gauge, Repair kit & printed instructions
- Bow & Stern Grab Line
|Exterior||381 cm x 86 cm|
|Hull Weight||14.5 kg|
|Load Capacity||295 kg|
|Interior||325 cm x 35 cm|
|Tube Diameter||25.4 cm|
|Deflated||79 cm x 48 cm x 20 cm|
|Chambers||3 (Port, Starboard and Floor)|
|Material||38 mil PolyKrylar (K80 PVC)|
|Seam||High Frequency Welded|
|Floor||Inflatable I-beam construction|
|Air Valves||5 Deluxe One Way|
|Inflation & Assembly time||8 minutes|
|Whitewater Rating||Up to Class III|
|Inflation Pressure||11 psi|
First, let’s talk about the overall quality of this kayak. The SE370 is an inflatable kayak, and that’s important to note because you cannot expect it to act like a solid kayak or a canoe, but it can get the job done.
I might be pro inflatable, but I don’t think you can blame me knowing all the perks that come with it. Evidently, a lot of people look down onto inflatable kayaks, thinking these kinds of kayaks are less rigid than traditional boats, but that’s not completely true.
In fact, the SE370 is made of an extremely durable polykrylar PVC material that is often found and used in military equipment, making this kayak sun and saltwater resistant.
Not only is this kayak rigid but it’s also extremely flexible. The weight and qualities of the SE370 kayak make it a lot easier to transport, fold and store. So, forget about finding a large enough car for transportation or more space in your garage for storage as this product can fit in a backpack. All you need to do is deflate it, roll it up, pack it and you’re ready to go.
[alert-note]The SE370 inflatable kayak must be inflated up to 11 PSI for maximal strength and performance. Inflating the boat using the supplied pump will take nothing more than 8 minutes which is insignificant compared to other inflatables. The inflatable boat’s one-way valves will ensure that no air will escape especially when you’re out paddling in a river, lake, or open sea. [/alert-note]
When it comes to the basic features of the SE370, you can tell that this boat is made to get through pretty much anything. However, it’s still an entry level kayak which makes it good for beginners and strong enough for advanced paddlers.
Personally, I think that the primary feature of the SE370 is the comfort and that will make it a lot less tedious for touring and long cruises.
The entire cockpit is designed to guarantee maximum comfort for tandem kayak paddlers. The cockpit is built with quality inflatable seats and an extended leg room.
This Sea Eagle also features two inflatable spray skirts on the front and the back of the kayak so that you can keep yourself and, most importantly, your cargo dry from water splashes or waves at all times.
Obviously, the SE370 is made for two paddlers, but it can be manned by one or even three users, depending on their total weight.
On paper, this kayak is made strong enough to handle up to 295 kg (650 lbs), but in a real-world application, I would say it can take a little bit more. Weight limit depends a lot on the floor of the boat, which in this case, is an inflatable I-beam construction which is designed to ensure comfort but also strength. To be on the safe side, stay within the inflatable kayaks maximum weight limit.
Quality might be the primary factor behind every purchase out there, but nothing gets through if it doesn’t fit. Hence, it must be understood that the SE370 is a big boat and that comes with a price that I like to call ‘more fun’.
Product quality is one of the primary factors of every sit-on-top kayak, but quality will not matter if the intended user will not fit in it. The Sea Eagle 370 kayak is a big inflatable boat, and with its price and size, it will also equate to “more fun”.
I understand that kayaking can be an individualistic sport, and that can be achieved with this product, but if you’re into group sports or need some company, then you’d always have enough room.
Speaking of which, the SE370 might weight a mere 14.5 kg (32 lbs), but the exterior alone measures 12 feet 2 inches in length by 2 feet 10 inches in width which is awesome. On the other hand, the interior of this kayak measures 10 feet 8 inches by 1 foot 1 inch, which if you ask me is enough space to start a business.
On a serious note, however, the SE370 is undeniably a large boat that is made to accommodate adults or several paddlers at the same time (as long as it doesn’t exceed the weight limit.)
When it comes to performance, there’s one thing you must know which is that inflatable kayaks are more recreational than anything when compared to other types of kayaks.
When it comes to performance, you must acknowledge that the Sea Eagle sports kayak is more focused on recreational kayaking compared to other types of hard shell kayaks.
This is not to say that inflatable kayaks don’t perform as well as sturdy ones but they are not expected to as they are more suitable for people with a simpler approach to the sport.
That being said, the SE370 is the best performer in flat water, it tracks in a straight line nicely and doesn’t require much paddling power to keep it going.
On the other hand, it might be a little bit more demanding to cruise in strong currents, but it is still very doable, depending on your skill level.
The body or hull of this kayak is a flat bottom which is the most common type amongst recreational kayaks. This type of hulls is great for maximum stability, meaning, it doesn’t matter how wild the waves or the waters are, there’s a high chance that it won’t capsize.
Moreover, the SE370 is equipped with two medium size skegs which are meant to help you maneuver easily and fight side winds.
You probably did not know this, but the SE370K comes in 4 different packaging options:
- The deluxe SOLO and this is great if you’re not planning on sharing this boat with anyone else. This package includes only one inflatable seat, one paddle, a powerful foot pump, and a repair kit.
- The deluxe package is also very interesting for those of you who intend to share their experience with others and to accommodate that, the package includes two seats, two paddles, a foot pump, a carry bag, and a repair kit.
- The pro package is slightly different than the previous two models as it comes with 2 deluxe kayak seats, two collapsible paddles, a foot pump, a backpack carry bag, and the standard repair kit.
- The quick sail package. This last Sea Eagle 370 model includes two deluxe seats, two paddles, a quick sale, a foot pump, a backpack carry bag, and a repair kit.
- The Sea Eagle SE370 is an inflatable kayak, and that is very significant. With a kayak like this, transportation and storing will be the last of your concerns.
- Not only is this kayak flexible and easy to handle but it’s also extremely rigid, given the overall PVC build material and the extra coated bottom for more support.
- The best thing in my opinion about the Sea Eagle SE370 is the diversity of packaging options it offers. So, if you really want the boat for yourself, you won’t have to pay for the extra equipment you won’t need. (Nonetheless, my advice to you is to get a comprehensive package because you never know when you’ll need that extra seat).
- The Sea Eagle SE370 is one of the best budget-friendly inflatable kayaks on the market.
- I really had to think hard to point out something that I don’t like about this product, but the only thing I can think of is the fact that inflatables are a bit more demanding when it comes to tracking in a straight line. Other than that, this right here is a great option for beginning paddlers.
Final Review of the Sea Eagle 370 Inflatable Kayak
Now that you got to know pretty much everything about this kayak, it is up to you to decide whether it’s the one for you or not. The Sea Eagle 370 K is definitely a smart catch, and for its price tag, I would say it easily ranks up as one of your best inflatable kayaks in the market.
Top 10 Best Cheap Inflatable Stand up Paddle Boards
Sevylor Coleman K1 Inflatable Kayak Review