When a company excels at what they are doing, they go beyond what is expected from them to create the perfect variety of inflatable stand up paddle boards. The Zray is not a small name in this industry; it managed to build a whole platform of inflatable boards for all different purposes.
On this review, we are going to have a closer look on two of the Zray’s windsurfing boards; the Zray W1 and W2. The fact that you can get an inflatable board for windsurfing alone reflects the power of technological advancement that this field is witnessing. A windsurfing board that can be folded and packed with minimum effort is everything a water person would need, and it is right here today on our website.
- For rookie to learn the windsurfing sports
- Extra width for more stability
- Unique 6″ thickness drops-stitch material
- Crocodile Skin EVA provide more stability and protection
- Two central fin system provides more stability
- Soft fabric handle provides more comfort to your hand
- Elastic bungee to carry personal belongings
- Package includes :
- Z-ray extra high pressure pump
- An aluminium unsinkable paddle (adjustable 65-85 inches)
- Foot rest included
- Backpack bag included
- A waterproof case as a gift
|Material||Heavy-duty PVC drop-stitch fabric|
|Number of D-rings||
|Recommended PSI||12 – 15 PSI|
|Fins||2 central fins system|
|Carry handles||2 carry handles|
This is usually the first aspect that we tackle because it’s really vital, thus you need to know that The Zray W1 and W2 are actually twins with little size differences. The Zray W1 is 10 feet long, 32 inches wide and 6 inches thick, while the Zray W2 is 10.6 feet long with the same width and thickness as the W1.
A 10 feet board is never a small one; however, if you’re considered to be a large rider, you might like to go for the W2 because it can take up to 320 lbs. The W1 can hold up to 264 lbs which is also great for a 10 feet iSUP.
Moving to width, we all know that, just like length, it is a main factor when it comes to stability and performance. Both our boards here come with a good 32 inches platform where you can absolutely sense your balance boosted. Any board’s width that is over the regular 30 inches is guaranteed to deliver what is expected from it. That being stated, you need to know that even though the Zray W1 and W2 are designed specifically for windsurfing, they will absolutely surprise you as stand up paddle boards once rocked without the sail.
As for thickness, Zray wouldn’t go for anything less than 6 inches because it’s the best on the market, and because it’s the measurement most convenient for this water sport. With any of these 2 boards, you’re going to witness what it means to feel completely safe and balanced on top of an iSUP. That being mentioned, the Zray W1 and W2 can be ideal for those of who are still beginning to learn how to windsurf.
If there is anything that I know the Zray for, it got to be the multiple layers with which they coat all of their iSUPs. If you are still reading, you’ll be glad to know that the Zray W1 and W2 are not an exception.
These two boards are made with some of the best and most durable materials known in this industry. First things first though; we know that an inflatable product can always be a matter of questioning when it comes to resistance and endurance. Yet, you won’t have much to worry about; the Zrays chambers are made of stiff drop-stitch material than can easily take up to 15 psi. Also, the outer shell is made of Heavy-Duty PVC material that can seriously take a good deal of beating.
Not only that; to strengthen the whole body of the board, the company added a 500D core rail seam tape, and an extra reinforcement 500D tape that hold every part of the board together and make it seem and feel like one whole piece which won’t lose shape easily, that’s for sure. Further, these boards are featured with a tarpaulin PVC stringer for maximum bounciness and flexibility; it’s pretty much an ideal inflatable stand up paddle board.
The Zrays are featured with everything basic yet luxurious that an inflatable would ever need. To be honest, it’s these features what make an inflatable stand up paddle board worth many shots; it’s something you won’t find or experience with an authentic board. So, let us find out what the Zrays got for us:
- The most obvious and prominent thing about these 2 boards is with no doubt the outstanding sail that measures a solid 118 inches for the mast, and a 51 inches for the bottom. The sail can be easily broken down into packable pieces in no time, but once put together it is as rigid and strong as a regular sail. I can’t hide how excited I am about these boards; they’re quite revolutionary.
- To attach the sail to the board you’ll find a rigid joint nearly at the center of the board where you can safely and easily insert the rig; it’s solid and it’s made to respect the universal windsurfing measurements.
- You’ll also find a complete set of D-rings that consists of 10 of them; 4 of which are attached with a bungee cord and are meant to be used to secure extra cargo to the board.. One D-ring is meant for toeing while the other is for safety leash attachment. The remaining 4 will come really handy for those of you who like to use a kayak seat.
- Another feature is the crocodile skin EVA pad that covers 2 thirds of the boards back; it’s soft yet very durable for maximum functionality. Such a thick pad makes the board a lot stiffer, as it’ll enhance your balance and control over the board.
- Further, there are 2 carry handles on each board to facilitate transporting them once fully inflated. They’re rigid and made of rubbery material for comfortable use.
- Last but not least, the Zray W1 and W2 are featured with 2 fins; one of which is beneath the board’s tail like usual to serve tracking purposes, while the second is at the center and it’s specifically there to boost the windsurfing mode. With these 2 fins, I can tell you right now that a great windsurfing experience is right ahead of you.
You’ll be surprise at how versatile the Zray W1 and W2 are; their all-round design and high-nose are considered some of the best things to guarantee a smooth and comfortable ride.
Once you attach the rail, you’ll find that the Zrays are not some slow buddies; you’ll get an outstanding performance in light to moderate wind conditions where you can definitely take a race on. However, if you ever feel like not using the rail, you’ll find that you got one great iSUP that is very stable and great for exploring. If the water is not too shallow, you may want to keep both the fins attached for greater balance and tracking.
Concerning this part, it is a belief I have that a quality board comes in a quality all-inclusive package, and with these boards, my belief comes to manifestation. The packages of the Zray W1 and W2 both come with the following:
- The board.
- The sail.
- 2 fins.
- A waterproof case as a gift.
- A high pressure hand pump.
- A great looking and strongly made backpack.
- A Zray professional paddle (65-85 inches) that doesn’t sink.
- The best thing about the Zray W1 and W2 has got to the awesome sails which are strong yet can be easily packed along with the board in a backpack.
- The built quality of these boards is not something to question or doubt; it’s the best anyone could get.
- You can use these boards for windsurfing, touring, or even yoga for how stable and versatile they are.
- It’ll be unfair to say anything negative about these two big guys. However, the price tag on these paddle boards is fairly steep.